Equipment Blouses

do they come out okay?
i tried to hand-wash my navy brett silk blouse but it shrunk and the color bled. :crybaby:

I wash mine on cold on a 15 min cycle- the only way to get smells, deodorant marks and stains out without going to far.

I wash mine on on the delicate setting and hang dry... i don't baby any of my clothes. the only stuff i dry clean are jackets and scarves and really nice dresses..

do they come out okay?
i tried to hand-wash my navy brett silk blouse but it shrunk and the color bled. :crybaby:

I have been hand-washing my aqua (pool blue) and green (emerald) Brett silk blouses all summer without any problem.
I don't remember color bleeding, maybe the first couple of times? But it's not a problem if you wash it by itself. I have been hand washing many things this year and I notice lots of things bleed a little in the beginning.

The colors are still beautiful. I didn't notice shrinking, but even the smallest size is a little big on me so I would actually like it to shrink.

For the Equipment experts; can you confirm that the 'signature' blouses need to be sized down, but all other styles TTS? Thanks!

I can't wear the 'signature' blouses at all because they are cut so full. The style that is cut slimmer is the 'Brett' style and that is the only style I buy. I don't know much about other styles, but I've noticed that generally Equipment blouses run big.

lucky you. mine shrunk in the sleeves but the body remains the same. it kinda looks awkward. i'm going to try the Dryel home dry cleaning kit and see if it works.

I have been hand-washing my aqua (pool blue) and green (emerald) Brett silk blouses all summer without any problem.
I don't remember color bleeding, maybe the first couple of times? But it's not a problem if you wash it by itself. I have been hand washing many things this year and I notice lots of things bleed a little in the beginning.

The colors are still beautiful. I didn't notice shrinking, but even the smallest size is a little big on me so I would actually like it to shrink.

I can't wear the 'signature' blouses at all because they are cut so full. The style that is cut slimmer is the 'Brett' style and that is the only style I buy. I don't know much about other styles, but I've noticed that generally Equipment blouses run big.

Thank you, I've seen some Brett shirts that I also like. As its slimmer cut, do you purchase your regular size or still size down? TIA

Thank you, I've seen some Brett shirts that I also like. As its slimmer cut, do you purchase your regular size or still size down? TIA

The Brett XS is the smallest size and it fits me somewhat loosely. I would have loved to go down a size but I didn't have that option. For something labelled XS, I find that it is still a little big. I have read many reviews of this blouse (e.g. on shopbop.com) and some people did say they didn't have to size down.

Probably it's safest if you take measurements. netaporter.com has several Equipment blouses. Last year they gave this measurement in inches for the Brett. I only took down the one for XS in inches:

Size Length Bust Shoulder Sleeve Waist Sleeve Opening
XS 27 38 15 19.5 39.5 8

At the moment they have a Brett blouse in sheer stripe but the measurement is different from the one above. I also just ordered a Brett XS in vintage wash from revolveclothing.com and had to return it because it was so much bigger and longer than the XS Brett blouses I bought last year.

So I think the measurement above is good if it's the standard silk Brett, but with different fabric measurements are not consistent. On netaporter they give measurements for all the different styles, so you can compare them.