Bottega Veneta book

Just pre-ordered! Thanks for the scoop.

Here is the link and description fro amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bottega-Venet...qid=1344868498&sr=1-1&keywords=bottega+veneta

Publication Date: October 2, 2012 | ISBN-10: 0847837882 | ISBN-13: 978-0847837885

The first monograph on the luxury house Bottega Veneta, renowned for its superb craftsmanship and understated, no-logo elegance. Bottega Veneta’s illustrious history reaches back to a time when the brand was known primarily for its soft, handcrafted leather handbags. Today, the house is renowned not only for its coveted leather goods but also for a remarkable range of luxury products. Now, as then, the brand stands for the discreet sophistication and refined individuality captured in its famous line, "When your own initials are enough."

This beautifully designed and slipcased monograph, the first book to explore the world of Bottega Veneta, is the rich result of a collaborative effort between creative director Tomas Maier, designer Sam Shahid, and many of today’s leading lights of fashion journalism. With luxury craftsmanship at its core, Bottega Veneta is an illustrative tour de force through the materials, artisanship, and extraordinary products that have made the Italian label one of the most eminent luxury goods houses. Tomas Maier’s understated design sensibility, a mixture of restraint and passion, has become the hallmark of the Bottega Veneta brand. This is the ultimate volume for the true connoisseur of luxury handcraftsmanship.
You can also order it so that it actually arrives to you on the day the book is released. Shipping is free is you have their "Prime" membership. Yes, I spend too much time and money on Amazon.

My Bottega Veneta book just arrived! Gorgeous pictures! Bigger book than I expected. Truly coffee table size. I love the two page spreads of Cabats and Knots. Eye candy galore!

My Bottega Veneta book just arrived! Gorgeous pictures! Bigger book than I expected. Truly coffee table size. I love the two page spreads of Cabats and Knots. Eye candy galore!
HEY! Mine should have been here too, but I guess, technically, it's not 'officially released' until tomorrow. Drat! I guess tomorrow it is!!! I did see that it is a bit cheaper than the original price - that's nice...

Ooo... do tell more ...

Mine arrived today. I read the introduction and it was quite nice. Also, I had some leftover 2mil library film (did all my cactus and succulent books some years back) and covered the dust jacket with plastic...just like in the library. It is good to see the publisher Rizzoli is still in business. I used to go to the Rizzoli store in Chicago when it was open.

My book arrived today also. What was I thinking?! I cannot afford to be tempted. I need an intervention! If you are a BV SA or a reseller on tpf and this woman comes into your store, or someone referring to herself as simpleliving fan bids on your merchandise, please refuse to sell her anything.

I hope that I am uploading a small picture. I don't really know what I'm doing.

Attachments

• Snapshot 2012-10-02 20-29-14.jpg
    Snapshot 2012-10-02 20-29-14.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 205
So is this like an oversized catalogue with an introduction or is there more to it? :wondering
Oh, there's way more to it. This is the history of Bottega Veneta, this is all about the craftsmanship, this is a pictorial essay on all that is BV. If you are a BV fan, this book is not to be missed.