What are your thoughts on this ring?

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
I'm looking for an everyday ring with a colored stone. I don't want any diamonds on it. I usually only wear white gold or platinum, but this ring caught my eye for some reason. What do you think of it?

Stephen Dweck - $535
teal topaz stone
engraved polished bronze setting
scrolls and beaded motif

it's pretty but i would prefer if the stone had a more old fashioned cut, something less sparkly like a cushion or cabochon cut. the setting is pretty busy so i think it would look better if the stone had a less shiny cut.

it's pretty but i would prefer if the stone had a more old fashioned cut, something less sparkly like a cushion or cabochon cut. the setting is pretty busy so i think it would look better if the stone had a less shiny cut.
You are absolutely right. Also, ideally I'd like the stone to be a garnet. Would it be foolish to buy the ring and then change the stone? I really love the setting.

This is a stunning ring! I would not wear it everyday though, it would be more dress up for me, but I really love it! It would look great on you :yes:

You are absolutely right. Also, ideally I'd like the stone to be a garnet. Would it be foolish to buy the ring and then change the stone? I really love the setting.
if you really love the setting i say go for it. i actually love the colour of the teal topaz and it's just the cut that bugs me but it's probably not difficult or very expensive to buy a garnet with a cut you like and have it set into the ring.