OMG I bought my Tiffany's yellow diamond pendant today!!!

Well in that case one more bites the dust. :smile:

We just placed the order for
- DBY 1 tcw Earrings in YG (VVS1, H)
- DBY 0.25 ct Necklace at 14inch YG (for layering and matching with earrings)
- DBY 1.18 ct Yellow Diamond Pear in Yellow Gold settings and necklace

Will post pictures in few days!

Sorry sorry! They were too big so had to photobucket them!!!

Okay...

Not quite sure how it happened ... but I ended up falling in love with the YG bezet "diamonds by the yard" pear in the end!!!

I had had 2 diamonds (the .94 FI I'd shown you all before in ring form) and a .97 FV bezet pendant so I could choose one to make into the custom pendant but was starting to sway again... and just feeling way too extravagant spending $2-4K extra on the custom work when I love the soleste design too...

I never ever thought I'd like the yellow gold one just as it is but you were all right - it's GORGEOUS on! It was just the perfect necklace - the pear had the most beautiful shape - a true tear drop shape... (much "taller" than the .94 - it looked at least 15 points bigger we all agreed! So weird! Apparently there is a lot of variance on how pears can be cut and you really have to see each one in person) ... it had a really nice width of bezet that was not too wide... (also up to the individual jeweller as they are hand made and thickness depends on the stone)... stunning stunning colour... and it looks SO much bigger than I'd thought! Colour wise I honestly couldn't see a difference between some of the FV's and FI's she brought out in the pendants (she brought out about 4 other bezet pears in the same range), but some were just not shaped as nicely and some had really thick bezets... this one was "just right" in every way!! Incredible presence and colour... my friend came with me and we both agreed it was far and away the winner! And it SPARKLES!!! SO MUCH!!!

It just feels and looks like a drop of sunshine around my neck!! I felt so special having it on. We tried a soleste they had there and LOVED it too... my friend was all pear when we walked in until she saw it and then loved IT too! LOL... but I could NOT take this one off!!! You know how everyone says "wait for one to make your heart sing?" I'm so shocked it was this one b/c as you all know I'd never put it in the running, but there you go! :smile:

And the stone was so so pretty that I suddenly loved the setting the way I love my classic solitaire - it seems made to show off the simple stunning beauty of the diamond without any distractions. Perfection!! I was still distracted by the soleste but in the end my heart definitely chose the bezet. :smile:

I had to leave it there to be lengthened...boo! So please excuse the not-great iphone pics I took!! I had to juggle $$ online right there because was fully expecting to either have it sent back to NY to buy there or turn into a custom pendant, not buy it today! But amazingly (Canadians, pay attention!!)... I explained to them that I was in love with it and would love to buy it today, that I was willing to pick it up in NYC in September but it seemed such a shame because I'd rather buy in Canada. With our dollar at par though I was not going to buy it here and lose $2300 (totally ridiculous - it makes no sense! And NYC had sent the pendants here for me to look at so they knew I was serious)...

...so my SA spoke to her manager and to see what she could do and she agreed to give it to me for the US price ... and with CND exchange rates today it was CHEAPER HERE by $200! I kept waiting for the "but we'll have to charge you.... " and it never came!!! I'm so incredibly impressed with their customer service and flexibility on this one and can't say enough about the whole experience.

Anyway... excuse the lousy iphone pics but here is my new drop of sunshine!!! Will post better ones when I actually have it in my hands! :smile: Fancy Vivid .97 Diamonds by the Yard pear VS1. :smile: :smile: sigh!!!

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg
Oh It's simply gorgeous hun! Congrats! :woohoo:

OMG!! that sounds like the most beautiful set ever! So the pear shaped necklace is like mine? That's a gorgeous size... I cannot wait to see the pictures!!

We actually took a picture of yours to Tiffany; telling them we want that one :smile:
To match the bezet look from pendant to earring we were going to do a custom order of the pear pendant as shown in the picture (second from bottom right corner) where the pendant has pear yellow diamond hanging from a white round diamond.
http://press.tiffany.com/ImageGalle...+viewPaged-c+true-s+-r+-t+-ri+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+

But then the whole custom order process was painful so just going with layering approach. Layering a DBY necklace in white round diamond at 14 inch followed by Yellow pear pendant at 16 inch.
Let's see how it looks.

The benefit of not doing custom order is that we can change mind if it it doesn't look good.

LOL... wow I'm flattered! Oooh just looked up that bottom corner one, so pretty! But I think layering the two will look gorgeous too and totally agree - I was going to do the custom thing and put a row of diamonds around the pear but in the end Tiffany's style won my heart! I can't wait to see how it looks!!!

Sorry sorry! They were too big so had to photobucket them!!!

Okay...

Not quite sure how it happened ... but I ended up falling in love with the YG bezet "diamonds by the yard" pear in the end!!!

I had had 2 diamonds (the .94 FI I'd shown you all before in ring form) and a .97 FV bezet pendant so I could choose one to make into the custom pendant but was starting to sway again... and just feeling way too extravagant spending $2-4K extra on the custom work when I love the soleste design too...

I never ever thought I'd like the yellow gold one just as it is but you were all right - it's GORGEOUS on! It was just the perfect necklace - the pear had the most beautiful shape - a true tear drop shape... (much "taller" than the .94 - it looked at least 15 points bigger we all agreed! So weird! Apparently there is a lot of variance on how pears can be cut and you really have to see each one in person) ... it had a really nice width of bezet that was not too wide... (also up to the individual jeweller as they are hand made and thickness depends on the stone)... stunning stunning colour... and it looks SO much bigger than I'd thought! Colour wise I honestly couldn't see a difference between some of the FV's and FI's she brought out in the pendants (she brought out about 4 other bezet pears in the same range), but some were just not shaped as nicely and some had really thick bezets... this one was "just right" in every way!! Incredible presence and colour... my friend came with me and we both agreed it was far and away the winner! And it SPARKLES!!! SO MUCH!!!

It just feels and looks like a drop of sunshine around my neck!! I felt so special having it on. We tried a soleste they had there and LOVED it too... my friend was all pear when we walked in until she saw it and then loved IT too! LOL... but I could NOT take this one off!!! You know how everyone says "wait for one to make your heart sing?" I'm so shocked it was this one b/c as you all know I'd never put it in the running, but there you go! :smile:

And the stone was so so pretty that I suddenly loved the setting the way I love my classic solitaire - it seems made to show off the simple stunning beauty of the diamond without any distractions. Perfection!! I was still distracted by the soleste but in the end my heart definitely chose the bezet. :smile:

I had to leave it there to be lengthened...boo! So please excuse the not-great iphone pics I took!! I had to juggle $$ online right there because was fully expecting to either have it sent back to NY to buy there or turn into a custom pendant, not buy it today! But amazingly (Canadians, pay attention!!)... I explained to them that I was in love with it and would love to buy it today, that I was willing to pick it up in NYC in September but it seemed such a shame because I'd rather buy in Canada. With our dollar at par though I was not going to buy it here and lose $2300 (totally ridiculous - it makes no sense! And NYC had sent the pendants here for me to look at so they knew I was serious)...

...so my SA spoke to her manager and to see what she could do and she agreed to give it to me for the US price ... and with CND exchange rates today it was CHEAPER HERE by $200! I kept waiting for the "but we'll have to charge you.... " and it never came!!! I'm so incredibly impressed with their customer service and flexibility on this one and can't say enough about the whole experience.

Anyway... excuse the lousy iphone pics but here is my new drop of sunshine!!! Will post better ones when I actually have it in my hands! :smile: Fancy Vivid .97 Diamonds by the Yard pear VS1. :smile: :smile: sigh!!!

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

I had to bump this for another look :graucho: are you enjoying your beautiful pendant!?

Oh wow!! This is so beautiful yet able to be worn every day! This is why I agree with the cost analysis done by another TPFr. Now I need to add this to my jewelry want list-oh no!! LOL-congrats to you!!

Cost analysis?

It's from Accounting and some finance classes....this basically justifies her purchase since she will wear the piece of jewelry everyday, thus, "getting her money's worth" ha ha!! Probably like your MOP VCA 5 motif-right?!?! A few posts up someone broke it down from what they do at work. I will keep this in mind as I am saving up for upcoming Malachite:graucho:

Well in that case one more bites the dust. :smile:

We just placed the order for
- DBY 1 tcw Earrings in YG (VVS1, H)
- DBY 0.25 ct Necklace at 14inch YG (for layering and matching with earrings)
- DBY 1.18 ct Yellow Diamond Pear in Yellow Gold settings and necklace

Will post pictures in few days!
Oh wow!! Can hardly wait to see these pieces together. SGJ is an enabler for sure!!!

It's from Accounting and some finance classes....this basically justifies her purchase since she will wear the piece of jewelry everyday, thus, "getting her money's worth" ha ha!! Probably like your MOP VCA 5 motif-right?!?! A few posts up someone broke it down from what they do at work. I will keep this in mind as I am saving up for upcoming Malachite:graucho:

Oh no I meant where was this post because I would love to see this to make myself feel better on all the money I spent! I just made the biggest purchase besides school and i've already said that this year 3 times... I need to stop!