Interviewed a candidate with LV Alma

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
hi all,
i conducted 8 interviews today for a sales position - one gal showed up with her LV.

Just figured I would post since this topic has come up many many times.

She was so bubbly and smart that in the end I thought she might be bored with the positon but I would consider her for other things in the future. She appreciated that.

Then we talked about LV.:smile:

So nice to hear. I handle too many interviews where the person comes in completely inappropriate dress. Hopefully the LV is like the ribbon on the package - just completing it. And it gives you something in common right away.
And I love the Alma.

sometimes i feel like a potential employer will have a "who does she think she is?!" attitude if i carry a designer bag to an interview. especially something as recognizable as a monogram lv.

am i wrong?

keep in mind i'm young and interview for jobs at stores and crap.

sometimes i feel like a potential employer will have a "who does she think she is?!" attitude if i carry a designer bag to an interview. especially something as recognizable as a monogram lv.

am i wrong?

keep in mind i'm young and interview for jobs at stores and crap.

it will probably depend on the job you are applying for. somehow, it sends a wrong signal. so for job interviews,(unless it has something to do with fashion or a high-paying job) it would probably be safer not to bring your designer bags. just my opinion :smile::heart:

hi all,
i conducted 8 interviews today for a sales position - one gal showed up with her LV.

Just figured I would post since this topic has come up many many times.

She was so bubbly and smart that in the end I thought she might be bored with the positon but I would consider her for other things in the future. She appreciated that.

Then we talked about LV.:smile:

I say it was handled very well and in a very professional manner. Congrats :smile:

I've conducted quite a few interviews for executive-level jobs, and have seen my fair share of fakes. Of course I was professional, but I was glad the fakers profiles did not fit my organisation in the first place.

Glad you had that connection! Personally, I always bring my (damier) Saleya or something that doesn't announce LV to an interview, but I'm in the IT world where most probably wouldn't have a clue anyway.

Are you going to extend an offer?

Well I would hate to think a handbag could swing an interview in either direction.
Flipflops I could see, but a tasteful handbag?

I would never carry any of my designer bags to an interview (maybe when I buy my red epi noe it will be different), but then again, I haven't applied for positions where that's a part of the image either, so I decide against it. I have an interview this weekend though, and it is tempting to bring my Chanel although I probably won't.

I would think if I were interviewing somebody for a sales position who carried a high end bag, that she/he had expensive taste and perhaps that was good motiviation for them to be successful at making more than just their quota...