Joel Kinnaman

Ejm1059, thank you for posting the video :smile: My only reaction can be this: :Push: I wonder if they broke up. She's downright rude and not the least bit funny IMO. Maybe I've got the wrong sense of humour but ***** please :Push:

Sorry to take it up again - I guess it's just hard to pass by when you see this thing develop just like you knew it would.. :whistle:

A quick go-through:

He lives more in LA now than in Sthlm. He goes home for Christmas and such. Plans on living in NY because it's quicker to go home for the weekend from there than from LA.

He's very proud of SCII and very satisfied with it. Filiming SCIII will be a pussle. The others will soon start shooting it.

He'll be doing Robocop in Toronto from September to the end of January. It's a reimagining of the story more than a remake. He's really looking forward to it and finds it very cool and is espcially happy with the good director.

[he sounds REALLY happy and proud, the interviewer also mentions that he looks very happy :love: ]

Speaking of SCII - when they talked at the premiere of SC Joel talked about his troubled teens and how he almost got into trouble with the law but the love he got at home saved him - does he still ask his parents for advice about live? No, he mostly calls to give him good news and talk about other stuff. He talks to friends about career and worried - he mentions Daniel Espinosa.

A lot of talk about SC and JW.

He loves the movie Rockers - he recomends it.

You almost never do any filming in CA or LA, it's where you go inbetween. The only friend he has who lives in LA is Alex, who's been living there for almost 9 years. Everyone else [implied: Swedish friends and co-workers] stay there for shorter times.

He mostly stays at home and doesn't go to concerts much. He's trying to get better at going to them.

He got a lot of no's at auditions in the beginning, he thought it was very though. When he came over from Sweden he thought it would be easy but he got nothing but no's for four months. Thought it was very though but people from the US laughed of him because it was from a Swedish perspective, he saw things. Once he got The Killing it all improved - so we can expect more good parts for him in the future, it's a very positive time for him

Thanks for that because my ability to understand conversational Swedish with audio only (no non-verbals) is limited. Glad he is happy and it's good that he has Alex out in Cali. Sounds like he'll be busy with SCIII and Robocop after September but he'll love it. Yay NYC! Rocker? I'll look it up.

Np :smile: It does sound like he'll be really busy. I think it was probably a good thing for him, that The Killing was cancelled.

And I'll get back to you - I've just been really busy with the kids going back to school and coming down with something at the same time*

I wouldn't mind this, provided the writing improved.

Re: The shopping of The Killing - so I haven't had the chance to see either season. I know many of us would like him to move on from this but if he can't contractually, what did the rest of you think of the show's evolution thru the storyline and writing?
There are such polar opposite views, it's hard to find a consistent thread.

Talk about busy if this happens, with him having to juggle Robocop and SCIII already.

This is like Beige Part II.

Beige was before me, so did Alex just keep dragging the bad relationship on and on, too?
I was wondering if Joel would just see the Letterman interview as humorous, if he wasn't in Sweden by then and saw it. Like, he knows she's a ***** like that and probably either gives it right back to her or is enjoying a rent-free, "with benefits" type of situation in LA until Robocop starts and he's set up in NYC. ;)

Beige was before me, so did Alex just keep dragging the bad relationship on and on, too?
I was wondering if Joel would just see the Letterman interview as humorous, if he wasn't in Sweden by then and saw it. Like, he knows she's a ***** like that and probably either gives it right back to her or is enjoying a rent-free, "with benefits" type of situation in LA until Robocop starts and he's set up in NYC. ;)

Beige was calling the paps too. She went on (group) dates with Alex such as the Arclight Cinema, smugged into the camera when the paps showed up and was happy to get her picture taken because her CrapMint was on display too. I think next will be how they both come out of Gelson's or Whole Food grocery shopping for the weekend or something because that was Beige's next step. At that point she had a surprised look on her face where the paps "suddenly" come from but had always good shots for her CrapMint which she of course used on her website. Alex was looking angrily in the camera and walked three steps ahead of her not acknowledging her which is the difference in this relationship. Joel is actually exchanging PDA with her and has not 4 Swedes with him when he goes on dates with her.
So yeah it's Beige all over again just with dark hair.

I'm tired of HER appearance on this thread. Can we just cut her with all those pictures with Joel? and call her Ole or something else? :graucho:

I'm tired of her too but certain people obviously want to talk about her. Not only since today. But we have indeed to come up with a nice nickname for her which describes her perfectly like Beige's. Dumb and cheap aren't nicknames though. :biggrin: