Shopping in London

If you are looking for quirky shops you could try Carnaby Street which is off Oxford Street or Dover Street Market near Green Park Station. I also like all the shops down Westbourne Grove for Matches, Brora, Joseph and lots of other boutiques

http://www.westbourne-grove.com/

If the weather is bad you can go to the fairly new Westfield Shopping centre in Shepherds Bush with a good mix of high street and designer shops. Have fun in London.

Bond Street is my favorite, you'll find all the high end boutiques there. Love the miu miu store on Bond street! Harvey Nichols is a must as well, it's pretty close to Harrods.

Bumping this thread

I'm planning to go to London in mid March and trying to research about the VAT refund. Can someone explain to me or show me existing thread for the newest VAT refund in London? I've seen from Balenciaga and Hermes threads that the VAT refund for both brands is 20%. How about other brands, particularly Chanel, Prada, and LV? Please help to enlighten me :confused1: Any information will be much appreciated. TIA.

Hi Ladies

I'm heading to London, Luxembourg and Amsterdam in October. London uses pounds while Lux n Ams uses Euro. For the same brand, anyone knows if it's cheaper to buy in London using pounds or Lux/Ams using Euro? Or would that varies from brands to brands?

All comments/experiences are welcome!

By far the best department store is Selfridges - one of the only places I could find jeans to fit!!!if you like nice jeans I would say the choicer is the best anywhere in Central London.

Knightsbridge is also good - I bought a watch 70% off recently on sale!!

For bargains try TKMAXX but be prepared to sift through a lot of rubbish to find what you really want.

The shoes are great in London - I've already picked out my winter boots, but need to save first as I'm buying my clothes for the season first...

Just come with credit cards and an open mind and you'll have a great time!!!