I'm having a heart attack!! Buyer said she received an EMPTY BOX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2006
Ladies, I so need your advise!

I sold a Celine bag on ebay, shipped it yesterday morning to the buyer using USPS Express mail with insurance coverage and signature required. It is being sent to a paypal confirmed address (a PO Box).

I just got an email from the buyer and she said the box is empty! I just called USPS they told me I can file a claim for loss of content. They said the packaging could have been damaged when it was being processed, but based on what the buyer told me, when she received the bag it wasn't open and it was taped!! Could some USPS guy stole the bag inside??

I am about to cry now!! Please help!!

Good luck with this. Why do I this the buyer is up to something fishy!? I have heard one too many eBay scams lately. Please keep us posted. You did the right thing by getting insurance and signature confirmation.

First, OP, i want to tell you how sorry i am that you are having to deal with this atrocity.
Secondly, as jaded and presumptuous as I may sound, I absolutely, unequivocally DO NOT BELIEVE that your "buyer ahem *thief*" received an "empty box"... while there is the usual devil's advocate who will chime in and say that jumping the gun and blaming the buyer is unfair, I will openly admit to being accusatory towards this buyer... but hands down, this has just become the oldest trick in the book, and out of all of the parties involved in this transaction, (from seller to USPS to your "buyer") the buyer is the person in this transaction who KNEW what was in the box, desired the expensive and coveted item, and has the seller and USPS at their mercy.
I would immediately contact the USPS and do every single thing possible with regards to an aggressive fraud claim, and let the seller know that under no uncertain terms, will you let this go without fraud investigations and reports to the fullest extent possible. This can be done without coming out and blatantly accusing the buyer, but to be frank, I am sad to say that another criminal has outright stolen via a horribly flawed system.
It just blows me away how many sociopathic, entitled and soul-less scumbag fiends get away with felonious offenses and think NOTHING of scamming, stealing, lying!!! omg WHAT THE :censor: is WRONG with our society?!?! :throwup::rant::cursing::sick:
Again, I am SOOOOO sorry OP, and please fight fight with all of your might against this criminal!!

First, OP, i want to tell you how sorry i am that you are having to deal with this atrocity.
Secondly, as jaded and presumptuous as I may sound, I absolutely, unequivocally DO NOT BELIEVE that your "buyer ahem *thief*" received an "empty box"... while there is the usual devil's advocate who will chime in and say that jumping the gun and blaming the buyer is unfair, I will openly admit to being accusatory towards this buyer... but hands down, this has just become the oldest trick in the book, and out of all of the parties involved in this transaction, (from seller to USPS to your "buyer") the buyer is the person in this transaction who KNEW what was in the box, desired the expensive and coveted item, and has the seller and USPS at their mercy.
I would immediately contact the USPS and do every single thing possible with regards to an aggressive fraud claim, and let the seller know that under no uncertain terms, will you let this go without fraud investigations and reports to the fullest extent possible. This can be done without coming out and blatantly accusing the buyer, but to be frank, I am sad to say that another criminal has outright stolen via a horribly flawed system.
It just blows me away how many sociopathic, entitled and soul-less scumbag fiends get away with felonious offenses and think NOTHING of scamming, stealing, lying!!! omg WHAT THE :censor: is WRONG with our society?!?! :throwup::rant::cursing::sick:
Again, I am SOOOOO sorry OP, and please fight fight with all of your might against this criminal!!
ITA agree with everything You said. I dont buy empty box story. no way

^^ditto.

The empty box and immediate filing of PayPal dispute goes hand in hand with a pretty old trick in the book.

I believe you can find out the buyer's contact info (telephone #) now if I'm not mistaken. Give this information to the authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.