This ebay buyer is a scamer!

Hikaruyo

Feb 14, 2012
well, right now I am very very tired and sad.
As a power seller on ebay, I know the ebay policy clearly.That is, Ebay always stand after buyers. They just do NOT care about sellers AT ALL.

This is what happened to me:

I sold a CPU processor priced at $430 + $45 shipping =total USD$475.

a US buyer bought it and paid. (I am a Canadian located very close to US border)

To avoid his possible custom duty fee, I drive all the way to WA cross the US border to ship it for him. JUST SO MY CUSTOMER DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT CUSTOM FEE.

He received item within a week, leave bad feedback right away. On the same day, he filed a dispute with ebay saying CPU is broken and need a full refund.
I msg back said OK please ship it back and I will refund you everything including the shipping.

Today, I received a UPS package asked me paying CAD$62.02 ( a custom fee because he filed value as $475)

I opened the envelope, and found HE SENT ME A EMPTY CPU BOX. the cpu was stolen!

I called ebay, they said BS like sorry about it but what they can do is refund the buyer 100% and asked me to file a Police report.

I more than 100% sure what is going to happen, Police officer will tell me well there is not enough evidence showing that he has stolen my item, so sorry about it.

Now, I do not care about the money, I just would like more people to help me find him out! I want everyone arround him know what he has done!
I am not dreaming of getting my money back.
Whoever can help me get those $475 bucks back, I will give the whole amount to YOU.
I do not need a cent!

and whoever is also a ebay seller, please do not sell item to him, he is a THIEF!

I am just so frustrated now. He even wrote ebay msg to me laughing at me: haha! enjoy your "broken" CPU.

ebay ID bock902 (325 feedbacks now) Intel Core i7 3930 Six Core 12MB 3.2GHZ Hyperthreading LG...

Member id bock902

Attachments

• image-1267388161.jpg
    image-1267388161.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 1,159
What an awfull story , i really feel sorry for you
So this means that the scammer get a free cpu and 475 $ insurance back from ups??

UPS does put the weight on the parcel, if the cpu was stolen in between the weight would not be correct anymore

susa said:
What an awfull story , i really feel sorry for you
So this means that the scammer get a free cpu and 475 $ insurance back from ups??

UPS does put the weight on the parcel, if the cpu was stolen in between the weight would not be correct anymore

Yes, there's weight difference.

But eBay just do NOT care.

Yes he get $475 back,

I lost the item and paid $62 for a empty box.

Did he send that message about 'enjoy your broken CPU' THROUGH ebay's messaging system? If so PLEASE call ebay and have them look at those messages, he admits to scamming you! I hope he did. I feel bad for you, I hope this works out for you.

I agree with MarneeB. If the scam sent the message, pls send it to paypal and ebay, this is the proof! You need to check all of the letters to check if there are any useful information. That's unfair! Paypal should check this matter and give you a fair judge.

'enjoy your broken CPU' sounds like he sent it or claimed to. There's a lot of theft from UPS depots and they know it. This has happened to me several times with non-ebay stuff recently.

Do yourself a favor and keep all packaging. File a claim with UPS. Hopefully it was insured, even if not there's an automatic $100 insurance. Don't tell them it was broken.

Was it a CPU or a motherboard? If the former, it weighs practically nothing so there wouldn;t be much weight difference.

Anyway, with some luck you'll be able to recover some or all of your money from UPS.

Sorry for the problems!

Ah, I see it was a CPU. In your photo, it APPEARS that was shipped in some kind of jiffy bag(?) A word of advice, never ship with UPS in a bag like that. The depot guys are slashing those envelopes and removing the contents, then taping them over. If indeed that was the envelope you shipped it in, does it show any signs of being opened or cut?

It's gotten so bad we've instituted a new rule at my biz, we only ship UPS in a well taped box.

So very sorry this is happen to you. I agreed eBay would not help seller. They make things easy for scammer. I went through the same thing, a scammer buyer from FL returned an empty flat rate envelope instead of sent back my authentic Louis Vuitton.
Keep calling eBay, ask to speak with Trust and Safety.

omg, I am so sorry this is happening to you. This is truly a sellers worst nightmare and I am so sorry someone is doing this to you. I truly believe in what comes around, goes around. Life must be pretty pathetic for this person if they felt like they needed to rob you for the cpu. What a low life turd.

Save all of the messages that he sent you and forward it all to ebay. File a police report and follow the advice ebay gives you. I don't know how much of a difference its all going to make in the end, but its worth a shot. Keep calling ebay and ask for a supervisor and get someone to listen. File mail fraud charges against him and keep at it. It never ceases to amaze me how low people can be.

But on my case, I had a bad feeling about the returned so I watched the tracking info, when tracking said out for delivery I stayed put and ready. I saw the package, got a witness to open the very light flat package. Opened it, some trash inside, took photos.
my scammer buyera got her full refund from eBay and kept my bag. I kept calling eBay and told them I also have a DC Police Officer as a witness if I need to go to court. Long story short eBay reversed the outcome and eBay paid me.
Now my scammer buyer has the bag and a full refund.
I went to the police and asked where should I report this thief. They said since I"ve got my money from eBay, and if eBay would not report this person, then there is nothing.
But I file Mail Fraud and Internet crime reports to IC3 and postal inspector.
See what I mean, eBay makes it so easy for scammers.
OP please do not give up. Keep calling eBay until you get someone that can help you. Sent eMail, report this thief also to eBay in any way you can, like return policy abuse, etc whatever criteria you can find.

Oh BTW I google this person like crazy, look like has been arrested for child abuse. Scary person.
And I also stuck with a negative that said I sent her a fake Louis Vuitton.

Last edited:
I would also quote his message and reply to him something along the lines of:

"Unfortunately your return package was empty upon delivery. Since you seem certain that you sent the CPU back, I'm filing mail fraud charges today, and then police reports in Canada and the US tomorrow - it's lucky that I'm so close to the border to be able to do that! I've saved all of the packaging, and I suspect that both the postal service as well as the police will be contacting you to get further information - just letting you know so that it's not a surprise when they get a hold of you! Best, _______"

He may not care, but it could be enough to spook him into returning your money.