Trying to decide on a tote...

alyssa18o6

Apr 27, 2011
I wanna get a decent sized tote for everyday wear. I have classes two days a week 4 classes a day. Im mainly going to use the tote for light days. But I work full time as well so I tend to carry a lot of things with me. I also sometimes have my iPad with me. I'm usually a coach girl but I don't see anything I like! I'm considering the signature tote but I'm on the fence!

I wanna get a decent sized tote for everyday wear. I have classes two days a week 4 classes a day. Im mainly going to use the tote for light days. But I work full time as well so I tend to carry a lot of things with me. I also sometimes have my iPad with me. I'm usually a coach girl but I don't see anything I like! I'm considering the signature tote but I'm on the fence!
In my personal opinion, I love the MK Outlet version of the Hamilton because it's the in between size and it's got a center zip compartment and it's big enough to throw in an iPad or laptop, but not so big that you feel weighed down or anything. It's got the nameplate instead of the lock though - but I kind of find it to be a bit classier for some reason...and it doesn't sag, it holds its shape. Just my opinion. :smile: Let us know what bag you decide on...would love to see!

Just noticed your location is Ohio....I'm from Ohio....do you mind if I ask what area/region? I'm in L.A. for the last 5 years now.

Hello All,

I am new to the forum. Very pleased to find a website with abundant information on purse and handbags.
Could not find any special thread for newbies.I hope its ok to reply to this thread directly.I am also in the same boat. Looking for a tote for everyday office which can hold my laptop at times. I am thinking about Michael Kors Jet Set Tote. Please share your advice.

Thanks!
JS

I would go with the jetset tote.
2ika4gi.jpg

In my personal opinion, I love the MK Outlet version of the Hamilton because it's the in between size and it's got a center zip compartment and it's big enough to throw in an iPad or laptop, but not so big that you feel weighed down or anything. It's got the nameplate instead of the lock though - but I kind of find it to be a bit classier for some reason...and it doesn't sag, it holds its shape. Just my opinion. :smile: Let us know what bag you decide on...would love to see!

I am so bummed there are no MK outlets anywhere near me. I have two Coach outlets within an hour of me but no MK outlets for many hours away. Would love to shop at a MK outlet. Guess I am stuck with Macy's....Nordies and the boutique stores.

I am so bummed there are no MK outlets anywhere near me. I have two Coach outlets within an hour of me but no MK outlets for many hours away. Would love to shop at a MK outlet. Guess I am stuck with Macy's....Nordies and the boutique stores.

Oh bummer! You can get some of the MK outlet versions at TJMaxx and Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack and Ross though....just not a "selection"...just luck of the draw or hit or miss though...The bad thing is, the outlets don't put their stock online or anywhere else for someone to be able to "window shop" and then have a friend near an outlet go and buy it for them or anything

Hello All,

I am new to the forum. Very pleased to find a website with abundant information on purse and handbags.
Could not find any special thread for newbies.I hope its ok to reply to this thread directly.I am also in the same boat. Looking for a tote for everyday office which can hold my laptop at times. I am thinking about Michael Kors Jet Set Tote. Please share your advice.

Thanks!
JS
The Jet Set Tote would be a great choice!

Oh bummer! You can get some of the MK outlet versions at TJMaxx and Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack and Ross though....just not a "selection"...just luck of the draw or hit or miss though...The bad thing is, the outlets don't put their stock online or anywhere else for someone to be able to "window shop" and then have a friend near an outlet go and buy it for them or anything

Big time bummer! I have a TJ Maxx really close by but it is a terrible store. The handbag section is always a wreck. Definitely do not take care of their merchandise. I hate going in there and trying to look around. Bags priced over 300.00 should not be hanging by the tags or strewn over the floor. So I have a tendency not shopping there. it is such a shame. Maybe I'll take a looksee next week.