Roger Vivier shoes

HiromiT said:
Ohh, love the new styles! Thanks for sharing/enabling willeyi :smile:

Are you getting the navy patent/suede pumps with thicker heels?

Hi! Yes, I am getting those. Can't wait! I may. It some boots too... The new styles just arrived!

Read on for more pics! I will be doing a post now with more eye candy. I love fall. How do you like your flats? Those are really pretty!

which store in nyc carry roger vivier? i know saks does, what about bg?

Yes Bergdorfs does have Vivier shoes and it's a decent selection. The RV boutique on Madison is not that far away and I've found their merchandise to be different enough to warrant a trip there as well. Of course, they also have the handbags and wallets which BG has sadly not had in awhile.

Why oh why did I have to look? :biggrin: The boots are seriously gorgeous! Love the buckle detail. I'm coveting the flat leather riding boot so badly but...must...resist.

Which boots are you considering?

I'm getting my flats shipped soon so I'll get them later this month, just in time for fall. Yay!

Hi! Yes, I am getting those. Can't wait! I may. It some boots too... The new styles just arrived!

Read on for more pics! I will be doing a post now with more eye candy. I love fall. How do you like your flats? Those are really pretty!

Why oh why did I have to look? :biggrin: The boots are seriously gorgeous! Love the buckle detail. I'm coveting the flat leather riding boot so badly but...must...resist.

Which boots are you considering?

I'm getting my flats shipped soon so I'll get them later this month, just in time for fall. Yay!

Yes, that is the boot I am looking at too. The flat riding boot, not the one with the heel, but the flat one. I already have the short bootie with the silver buckle and low heel (second picture) so I am looking for a riding boot with the buckle style. I love the buckle style. My husband calls them my "pilgrim" shoes... as in "Is that another pair of pilgrim shoes". Cute name.

I am sure you will love your flats!

I am thinking of getting the patent gommette flats. I have a very wide foot and was wondering if RV patent stretches at all. I wear my usual EU sizing in his shoes which fit length wise, but I still need the sock trick to stretch them out comfortably width wise. So I guess my question is whether or not RV patent stretches out relatively easy, or is it very stiff?

HiromiT said:
I just bought these from the Bal Harbour store (pics are from them)! They're being shipped to me next month. So excited!!! :biggrin:
Just a quick question! I am also interested in ordering a pair from Luis in bal harbor but I am nervous about the important fees to Canada!
I take it from your earlier posts that you live in Canada and was wondering if you have recieved your shoes yet and if you were charged a lot for duty and taxes? As well, what courier does he ship it with? Thank you so much!! I nervous if I take the plunge I will get a scary customs bill when they arrive!

layd3k said:
I am thinking of getting the patent gommette flats. I have a very wide foot and was wondering if RV patent stretches at all. I wear my usual EU sizing in his shoes which fit length wise, but I still need the sock trick to stretch them out comfortably width wise. So I guess my question is whether or not RV patent stretches out relatively easy, or is it very stiff?

Hmmm.. Good question and I had to think about it. I own Chanel patent ballets and also RV patent ballets. I would say this... In general patent doesn't stretch out as much as my leather ones. But...the RV patents stretch out more than my Chanels. And the RV patents definitely stretch out, at least to me they do.

I hope that helps.

Hi Ladies... More fall shoes from Luis! Again, these are just samples of the fall line.
You can email him for pics of other designs you want, especially the classics like Belle and Gomma.

I hope everyone is enjoying the pics as much as I am.

image-2397436977.jpg

image-2635943726.jpg

image-1467505164.jpg

image-3439277939.jpg

image-3792729489.jpg

image-543324292.jpg

image-4256592889.jpg

image-1002194953.jpg

willeyi said:
Hmmm.. Good question and I had to think about it. I own Chanel patent ballets and also RV patent ballets. I would say this... In general patent doesn't stretch out as much as my leather ones. But...the RV patents stretch out more than my Chanels. And the RV patents definitely stretch out, at least to me they do.

I hope that helps.

Thanks So much for your quick response! :smile: BTW thanks for posting all of the pics from Luis, he truly is a lovely SA.

Yes, that is the boot I am looking at too. The flat riding boot, not the one with the heel, but the flat one. I already have the short bootie with the silver buckle and low heel (second picture) so I am looking for a riding boot with the buckle style. I love the buckle style. My husband calls them my "pilgrim" shoes... as in "Is that another pair of pilgrim shoes". Cute name.

I am sure you will love your flats!

Thanks for all the eye candy willeyi! Since you mentioned you have the short bootie with silver buckle (I really love that shoe), may I ask how they fit? I'm a little all over the place with RV, 39.5/40 in flats; and 40.5/41 in heels, but I have slightly wider feet with a high arch, should I go up to a 40.5/41 in these as they look a bit narrow? TIA :smile:

As previously mentioned. I also have wider feet and my patent pair stretched just a little bit. They're still comfortable shoes, but I can't shop (6+ hours) in them like I can with my suede ones.

Hi, i'm getting the shoes shipped to a parcel service in the US and picking them up during an overnight trip. From my experience, shoes seem to raise a red flag for canada customs...I get charged duty and HST every time i have shoes sent to canada. So annoying. Last time, i paid 35% in duty/HST for a pair of sale Lanvin flats!! Grrrr

The 24 hr exemption won't cover the shoes but i'm travelling with 2 family members, so hopefully the border guy will ask for a family total. :P If not, I'll have to pay dearly.

I certainly hope you'll be luckier than me but is it possible for you to ship to a US parcel service instead? The border people seem to be more lenient with cross-border shopping and often let people go even if they buy way over their limit.

Which shoes are you thinking of getting? :smile:

Just a quick question! I am also interested in ordering a pair from Luis in bal harbor but I am nervous about the important fees to Canada!
I take it from your earlier posts that you live in Canada and was wondering if you have recieved your shoes yet and if you were charged a lot for duty and taxes? As well, what courier does he ship it with? Thank you so much!! I nervous if I take the plunge I will get a scary customs bill when they arrive!