Help identify vintage Hermes

calangford

Oct 18, 2006
I recently inherited a collection of vintage handbags (Hermes, Gucci, Christian Dior) as well as a box of Hermes scarves from a great aunt. I believe most are from the 1960's and '70's, but I was wondering if someone could help me to learn more about them. I am attaching pictures of one of the Hermes bags; any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN1425A.JPG
    DSCN1425A.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN1426.JPG
    DSCN1426.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN1427.JPG
    DSCN1427.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 246
Hi! Welcome to the site :smile:

Please visit http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-shopping/authenticate-this-hermes-17673.html and post your question there so the wonderful ladies there can help you with your quest for knowledge on your beautiful bags.

Hope to see you around more! Until then, please feel free to look around and learn more about the wonderful world of Hermes :heart:

does she have to go there? this is identifying, not authenticating.

PLUS there are very valuable pics here of aged leather, etc.

Thank you gals so much for the info! I have another vintage Hermes bag that I will post pics of later (I need help figuring out what that one is as well). I have found some info on many of the scarves online; they are mostly from the sixties and are in mint condition! I am having such an amazing time playing with all of my new treasures! Thanks again!
One more question: how can I go about pinning down what year, or at least what decade, the Hermes bags are from?

the 'hermes paris' stamp indicates it's from before the early 70's, when the us adopted import regulations requiring a country of origin mark -- that's when the 'made in france' was added to the gold stamp.

it's interesting that this was so late -- country of origin marking was required in the 1890's for porcelain.