Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello lovely silk lovers! I'm afraid I don't have anything that goes with this week's nautical them :sad: But anyways, this is what I'm wearing today... Persona with a jumbo scarf ring :smile:
IMG_0131.jpg

lily,
I like to wear my scarves cowboy style too. Especially if they are "scene" scarves so that the design doesn't get lost in the folds. Your Persona has amazing detail. I also like it in the colorway that you chose! You look great!

Oh my gosh!! :nuts: So *YOU* were the one who bought this scarf at Neiman Marcus!! I tried it on! I almost bought it! I was unsure how I felt about the neon colors and passed on it, but when I had a change of heart, of course it was gone...

... But now I know what happened to it! It could not have gone to a better, more loving home :love: What a funny coincidence!

Guilty as charged:girlsigh: (You are too cute, TangoTosca!) Thank you for your sweet words. That was such a coincidence that you had tried on this same scarf! I can't wait for yours to arrive! I know I will be swooning madly over it!

Soie Bouteilles a la Mer in CW 01 Violet/Mauve GM Mouselline
"Bottles to the Sea Silk in CW 01 Violet / Purple"
Ships In a Bottle
This is my newest and current favorite of my nautical scarves. It is not a changeant but a true chiffon. The design is whimsical and almost cartoonlike. Each ship in a bottle is different and there are a few happy fish swimming around. It is like an upscale "Sponge Bob" Something about this Moussie is just delightful~

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_3012.jpg
    IMG_3012.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_3013.jpg
    IMG_3013.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 418
Sparkle - Three favorite silks? I don't think I could quite narrow my favorites to so few. That is much like asking which of your darling animals do you cherish most...! But here is at least a few of my favorites:

1. Noisette La Femme GM cashmere shawl - no need to say why
2. white Brazil GM shawl - the feathers drive me crazy
3. Beloved India - always makes me smile when I see it
4. Tohu Bohu - the graphic is an all time classic to me
5. Pani La Shar - the chief is the best of Oliver to me

Sophie - you look marvelous and that chestnut design in the middle of your silk sets off your hair and complexion delightfully.

Pegase - missing your posts and photos! I have another one coming up for you!

froufrou
- you have my heartstopping grail Turandot. I wish H would reissue this soon for us scarfies! Love the red - please may I have dibs on it if you ever decide to pass it along!

saraah - thanks dear and the floor ex by the lovely Ms Aly was spectacular to behold. LOL - I think my DH would say surely this might be a sign of my severe H silk obsession, but it is much more fun naming that scarf when it is Tango's most delightful collection!

LilyLV - Persona is a unique and very cool silk - especially when worn as you have with such elan.

nguyen - Pavois in a rosette is precious - and looks very fresh on you for summer! Love the tidbit of blue.

TT - Ah, this silk design is great fun for you - I was this close to bringing home the blue/bronze one, and am still thinking about it! Being on ban island is no fun. Please model it for us soon - I loved the way it ties!

Here it is tied, and with a Rose Japiur Epsom GM Evelyne and finally in a cloud of silk~

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3014.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_3015.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_3016.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 413
Unfortunately I have missed out the previous 2 weeks' theme! I've been busy!

This week I'm joining the Nautical scarves theme with my Pavois pochette! I'm using Maitai's method to tie this scarf!

Thanks for letting me share Scarfies!

nguyenp,
Thank you for posting the Pavois pochette! This is so striking in white! I love it!
Fabulous tying, too! You look great!

Soie Bouteilles a la Mer in CW 01 Violet/Mauve GM Mouselline
"Bottles to the Sea Silk in CW 01 Violet / Purple"
Ships In a Bottle
This is my newest and current favorite of my nautical scarves. It is not a changeant but a true chiffon. The design is whimsical and almost cartoonlike. Each ship in a bottle is different and there are a few happy fish swimming around. It is like an upscale "Sponge Bob" Something about this Moussie is just delightful~

TankerToad, is this a new offering for A/W 2012? Please please say yes! Perhaps my boutique would have it. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

TankerToad, is this a new offering for A/W 2012? Please please say yes! Perhaps my boutique would have it. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Yes, somehow we all missed it. This came from Europe, and is current, but lala got hers in the USA (same CW as mine~ apparently we both fell in love) There are rumored to be three CWs. Would love to see the other CWs if anyone comes across them.

Sparkle - Three favorite silks? I don't think I could quite narrow my favorites to so few. That is much like asking which of your darling animals do you cherish most...! But here is at least a few of my favorites:

1. Noisette La Femme GM cashmere shawl - no need to say why
2. white Brazil GM shawl - the feathers drive me crazy
3. Beloved India - always makes me smile when I see it
4. Tohu Bohu - the graphic is an all time classic to me
5. Pani La Shar - the chief is the best of Oliver to me

Sophie - you look marvelous and that chestnut design in the middle of your silk sets off your hair and complexion delightfully.

Pegase - missing your posts and photos! I have another one coming up for you!

froufrou
- you have my heartstopping grail Turandot. I wish H would reissue this soon for us scarfies! Love the red - please may I have dibs on it if you ever decide to pass it along!

saraah - thanks dear and the floor ex by the lovely Ms Aly was spectacular to behold. LOL - I think my DH would say surely this might be a sign of my severe H silk obsession, but it is much more fun naming that scarf when it is Tango's most delightful collection!

LilyLV - Persona is a unique and very cool silk - especially when worn as you have with such elan.

nguyen - Pavois in a rosette is precious - and looks very fresh on you for summer! Love the tidbit of blue.

TT - Ah, this silk design is great fun for you - I was this close to bringing home the blue/bronze one, and am still thinking about it! Being on ban island is no fun. Please model it for us soon - I loved the way it ties!
Would love to see a spy picture of the other CW you saw in this~ it is just so fun!

Hello Dear Scarfies,

I have loved this thread for quite some time - it's one of my favorite daily indulgences! You dear ladies are such an inspiration to me, so I am delighted to join in this week's nautical theme with Marine Naive / aka Henry F. Smith- Sailor, by Philippe Dumas. This is one of my favorite silks - I especially love the happy little whale!

Thanks for letting me share!

image-2311559969.png

image-4173779240.png

image-3013885123.png

Hello Dear Scarfies,

I have loved this thread for quite some time - it's one of my favorite daily indulgences! You dear ladies are such an inspiration to me, so I am delighted to join in this week's nautical theme with Marine Naive / aka Henry F. Smith- Sailor, by Philippe Dumas. This is one of my favorite silks - I especially love the happy little whale!

Thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 1826279

View attachment 1826280

View attachment 1826282

This is incredible! I love the look of the embroidery! Thank you for sharing such a great picture of your scarf. You are so pretty! (The whale is cute, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.