Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all scarfies

lala28 thank u 4 the complimentary, and nicely worn the mousseline.

Ladybaga thnk u darling and I totally agree I keep thinking how much work actually they get to ensure to end up with such beautiful silk scarves. But ur colorful scarf is just so fabulous, I really love those many bright colors and the details the scarf nicely worn too.

sparklelisab thnx hun it is festive and absolutely with straight black or white it will stand out for sure, thnx for the tip. Ur Vie du Grand Nord is so beautiful very cold theme Iove it, also it looks like my Groenland cw very Greenland theme. The Thalasa is very chic u need to give it a spin outside.

frou frou thank u and u r looking marvelous very chic and classic, love both ur scarves the waves just does it

TangoTosca very nice idea but ill pass this one ill observe wut the scarvies will come up with. So cool thanx ur the best.

Well I guess lanit is nailing it loool. Enjoy the Olympics show darling.

Unfortunately I have missed out the previous 2 weeks' theme! I've been busy!

This week I'm joining the Nautical scarves theme with my Pavois pochette! I'm using Maitai's method to tie this scarf!

Thanks for letting me share Scarfies!

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-08-08 at 18.57.jpg
    Photo on 2012-08-08 at 18.57.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 634
Hello lovely silk lovers! I'm afraid I don't have anything that goes with this week's nautical them :sad: But anyways, this is what I'm wearing today... Persona with a jumbo scarf ring :smile:
IMG_0131.jpg

This week I'm joining the Nautical scarves theme with my Pavois pochette! I'm using Maitai's method to tie this scarf!

Your pouchette is precious, so young and sweet. Great look nguyenp!!

Hello lovely silk lovers! I'm afraid I don't have anything that goes with this week's nautical them :sad: But anyways, this is what I'm wearing today... Persona with a jumbo scarf ring :smile:
IMG_0131.jpg

Lily, I LOVE this "drape-y" look. What a great way to show off a scarf. I will definitely try this. thanks for the lovely pic!

Your pouchette is precious, so young and sweet. Great look nguyenp!!

Lily, I LOVE this "drape-y" look. What a great way to show off a scarf. I will definitely try this. thanks for the lovely pic!

thanks Sparkle :smile: I wear my scarves "cowboy knot style" during the summer,because IMO it's too hot to wear them fully wrapped around my neck. I too think the cowboy knot is a great way to show off the scarf and the beautiful details, I love it ! :tup:

Silkies, today I went through my entire, massive collection :giggles:and I have only one silk twill with any form of boat: Vie du Grand Nord. Also, I wanted to answer my own question about most beautiful scarves in collections. I would LOVE to hear everyone's answer. To me, Grand Nord is my second most beautiful scarf. It is icy and cool--subdued in color but alive with life and story. (My most beautiful scarf is Illimieres de Paris in red/orange/gold cw)

HI sparkles

This is a great question! I took a not too long look at my quite limited collection and realized that I don't really have many that fall under "beautiful." hmmm :hrmm: not good

I tend towards patterns that are whimsical (Folies du Ciel, Couvertures et Tenues), Classical (Brides de Gala, Ex Libris, Grand Tenue) and Graphic (Quadrige)

I'd have to say that my most beautiful scarf is one that is much disliked - Belles Chasses... not in subject matter but in the execution (no pun intended) I just love the feathers, coloration, expressions:-s My photo is just not very good.

I won't get into "wish I had" but if I did, THAT would be my most beautiful scarf!
ok...since you insist, Les Giraffes in the Anthracite/Rose coloration.........sigh:girlsigh:yes, my life will be complete

Attachments

• belle.jpg
    belle.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 531
HI sparkles

This is a great question! I took a not too long look at my quite limited collection and realized that I don't really have many that fall under "beautiful." hmmm :hrmm: not good

I tend towards patterns that are whimsical (Folies du Ciel, Couvertures et Tenues), Classical (Brides de Gala, Ex Libris, Grand Tenue) and Graphic (Quadrige)

I'd have to say that my most beautiful scarf is one that is much disliked - Belles Chasses... not in subject matter but in the execution (no pun intended) I just love the feathers, coloration, expressions:-s My photo is just not very good.

I won't get into "wish I had" but if I did, THAT would be my most beautiful scarf!
ok...since you insist, Les Giraffes in the Anthracite/Rose coloration.........sigh:girlsigh:yes, my life will be complete
Great Choice Essiedub! Belle Chasse is also one of my all time favorites!

Silkies, today I went through my entire, massive collection :giggles:and I have only one silk twill with any form of boat: Vie du Grand Nord. Also, I wanted to answer my own question about most beautiful scarves in collections. I would LOVE to hear everyone's answer. To me, Grand Nord is my second most beautiful scarf. It is icy and cool--subdued in color but alive with life and story. (My most beautiful scarf is Illimieres de Paris in red/orange/gold cw)
Vie du Grand Nord in THIS exact C/W is one of my long sought after "Grails"!!!!
;)

Catching up with all of you...
I'm hoping I can still be on theme with my new mousseline that just arrived. I know it is bad manners to gush about your own purchase, but this girl came from Japan, brand new and has sent me over the moon. Here she is: Pauwels' 2007 De Tout Coeur. I did not like or wear orange in the 80's; the color is a new love for me. I love new love, old love...just love and this romantic, girly (Tango's words) mousseline shawl is LOVE. (If linen wrinkles offend you--don't look!)
Congrats on this fabulous new mousse, sparklie! And I love what you did with Flots du Cheval in 70 cm, so I can't imagine how fantastic you'll look in the FDC mousse that H is releasing this year :graucho::graucho:

Sparkly
you and I are clearly on a mousseline MISSION!
I have bought two this summer~and am eyeing a third. Your new baby is GORGOUS!
This is one of mine~will post more later. I think we are twins on this. I just got this~actually it was DH who picked this one!
Beautiful, TT! You have DH and DS trained quite well, I see. Any tips?:biggrin:

I've been looking at this thread for days now and I'm really impressed at how you lovely ladies wear your silks so beautifully :smile: Here's my modest contribution with a pretty "Séquences" horse themed scarf from 2007... (sorry for blurry pics)
Lovely neutrals, lilylv! I love this on you

My blue Tigre du bengal :catlick:
Congrats, jeshika! Great colors
Brun/Marron/Beige

You know, I was wondering between Tigre and Astrologie for my third choice (I stop here, I hope!).
Several days ago, my SA called me they received finally the brown Tigre, so I went yesterday to see how she was.
I was STILL wondering.:thinking:
But, when I see the Tigre IRL, I could immediately make a decision. :biggrin:
This CW is so subtle. Perfect neutral scarf for me!

View attachment 1820206

View attachment 1820207
Perfect neutral indeed, irisj.

Jeez I hope this works! You may wonder why I bothered, since the only thing special about the pics is that there's more of 'me' in them....oh, right, we need less of 'me' and more of silk, LOL!

Sorry silkies, I was just excited that I managed to take a more inclusive pic, and that I actually had something on that didn't fit the definition of "leisure pup tent"! For those of you who remember leisure suits, you will appreciate that I have finally made an 'on-theme' reference! :lol:
Love your silky bracelet, textilegirl!

Thank you so much for being happy for me! Vol Amoureux des Azures is achingly beautiful. And your wish is my command - the profile is here. You must find this scarf. You will adore it.

(Fritillary, that goes for you too. A lover of butterflies such as yourself can't possibly do without this scarf in her closet!)
View attachment 1821695
Oh Tango, that is a beauty! Many congrats! And thanks for the fun game on your collection

Hi Silk Lovers! I had a great time with my sister and niece this past week. Thanks for all the well wishes! We shopped til we dropped! So many incredibly amazing photos, I am afraid I have gotten too far behind for individual comments. Please forgive me (again)!
I would like to share with you one of my recent goodies... PdM! Sorry for so many pictures. I got really excited pairing it with some options. The first pic shows PdM paired with a strand of my mother's pearls and a strand of my mother-in-law's pearls. I feel like they are with me when I wear the jewelry I inherited from them. The second is paired with a purple sweater.In the next pic, the turquoise Indian head earrings were a gift to my from my DH celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I think they are a perfect match for the scarf. The last pic is paired with a JCrew python sweater, JCrew skirt and an ancient pair of Marc Jacobs shoes that I just realized matched the ensemble. Enjoy my matchy matchy combo! :P Thanks for letting me share!

sorry to be off theme week. I have a S/S 2012 contribution to make for the nautical theme tomorrow.:graucho:
Beautiful, Ladybaga! Turquoise looks wonderful on you

Catching up, part two...
My MaiTai bonanza arrived..... So excited to try these out!!!! MoP is my fav and I was so happy that it is reversible!!! Like 2 for 1! And this shawl ring sent me over the moon..... :love:
Congrats, Flava, and I can't wait to see modeling pics!

Hi my favorite scarfies!

I've been suffering from a lack of creativity but hopefully have gotten my groove back. In the spirit of nautical theme week, here is my humble contribution:

Vive le Vent tied with Mai Tai horn bracelet
Flame red shiny nilo croc Helena bag 33cm by KP Collection
Beautiful, lala, with the horn bracelet!

Really beautiful displays for Sailing Along Week! Thank you Jahna and Frou frou for the seafaring photos!
Here's my nautical contribution today - Grand Fonds for the Musee Oceanographique de Monaco.
That's a great CW of Grands Fonds, lanit!

I finally got my fall scarf and my 2nd! Instructions du Roi

I think I will wear it with black and navy tops. Do you think I can wear it with red? I have a lot of red clothes. Hoping to get some style help with this one as now that its home, Im having trouble thinking of what colours to pair it with....dh says im a bit challenged with my choices for this scarf..:sad: TIA
Congrats, Pomba! I think this will look fabulous with white, grey, navy, maybe even some greens. It's a true classic!

Hi Silky Sisters!
Now onto the nautical scarf... The first pic is one of my coffee table that picks up the pattern of the Chain D'Ancre motif of Circuit 24 Faubourg. Our decorator told us that the chain came from the harbor in NY. (I don't know about that, but we like it just the same.) The next pic shows the scarf with a collection of Hermes and MaiTai Chain D'Ancre scarf rings. The last two pics are me showing it with a casual orange top and a gray dress. I am borrowing Tango Tosca's term "Power Scarf" as I see this gigantic design as the most powerful scarf that I own.
Thanks for viewing and I apologize if I missed anyone's pics to comment on. You all are wonderful! (Excuse the poor lighting and iphone quality.)
For reference the colorway is 05 Rouge Orange/Noir/Anthracite
Swoon, Ladybaga! That's a great look on you. And I love your Ballade de Heian too!

Dear scarfies ;)

sophieg look how nice u look J love the knot.

I guess I covered all of you, now my contribution for this Nautical week. The “L’entente cordiale” designed by Loic Dubigeon. One of my new purchases from Denmark, loved how the black contrast with the white red and all those other colors. So I'm like all into the theme even wore my D&G shirt with all the sea icons and so on lool :biggrin:
Thanks for your kind words, SaraaT! And lovely lovely Entente Cordiale

Beautiful indeed, Sparklie. I admit that I'm coveting your Lumieres de Paris (or its twin should I say :smile:)

Ballade de Heian What an intriguing name it is , can you enlighten us with the background story ? I totally adore the way it ties ! How many scarves really show so much of their essence when tied ?
OK many look lovely , but IMO the beauty lies within usually .

I would also love to see flat pictures of it please!
And if anyone feels like sharing their top 3 I'd be over the moon !

Meanwhile here are 2 of mine you may have seen here before ,Red Turandot
and Navy Kimonos et Inros Waves to Arabesques who rocks this one !
[Will take picture EL en K anon ]
Swoon, frou frou! These are truly beautiful

Adorable, nguyenp!

lily_lv, you look lovely!

HI sparkles

The feathers and colors of the birds really are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! I agree with you on the Les Giraffes. I remember my first shawl (which I love) was the pink Kachinas. I saw the blue coloration of Les Giraffes and should have bought that one, too when I had the chance. Oh well....can't have 'em all. If they ever reissue it, I will pounce on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.