Next stop Euston! (reveal)

watchthestars

Jan 10, 2008
I have been so inspired by Plemont's home for old bags I have been after an old bag of my own. This morning a not-so-old looking chocolate Darwin Euston arrived, that I got for an absolute STEAL thanks to the seller's rubbish photos.

Photos of my own coming soon!

Posting one photo to check that I've resized them enough!

IMG_1689.jpg

Isn't the leather gorgeous?

The photos on eBay made the front and back look quite scratched, but it was actually the flash accentuating some minor marks. A leather wipe and some Collonil gel and they've disappeared.

You can see my daughter in this pic :biggrin:

IMG_1691.jpg

Here's the back:

IMG_1688.jpg

I love the way it resembles a Roxanne from this angle

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

There's even a Mulberry tree on the clasps

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

Total bargain for £150.

That's lovely and the condition looks just brilliant! Isn't Darwin leather great? Eustons often seem underpriced compared with other Mulberrys (and I have no idea why because they are such useful and 'mulberryish' bags, but at £150 that's a total bargain - well done you:smile:

The photos on eBay made the front and back look quite scratched, but it was actually the flash accentuating some minor marks. A leather wipe and some Collonil gel and they've disappeared.

You can see my daughter in this pic :biggrin:

IMG_1691.jpg

Here's the back:

IMG_1688.jpg

I love the way it resembles a Roxanne from this angle

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

There's even a Mulberry tree on the clasps

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

Total bargain for £150.

Gorgeous - I'm such a fan of these older bags, and love the Roxy touches.....they are definitely underrated......and congrats for snaffling an absolute gem!!:biggrin:

Plemont said:
That's lovely and the condition looks just brilliant! Isn't Darwin leather great? Eustons often seem underpriced compared with other Mulberrys (and I have no idea why because they are such useful and 'mulberryish' bags, but at £150 that's a total bargain - well done you:smile:

Maybe it's the canvas detailing down the sides that people dislike? I must admit I think the bag would look prettier if it was all leather. But then the canvas strap would look wrong if that were the case, of course!

I watched an oak and an olive sell for £230/£185 in the last week or so, and neither of them had the strap. But this bag only had three fairly rubbish photos so no one was bidding. I decided the chances of it being a fake were pretty remote. But I've compared it with the one Naughtipidgin has and it's certainly not. Made in England too!