The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
The strongest color is lavender, all golden and blue-ish shades are just undertones — they come and go depending on the angle... so I am thinking now about giving the shoe slight purple tint with some transparent dye. :graucho:

oh yes, that will look wonderful. Could you post a pic of the dyed shoe and how it worked. I have never tried it, but I believe that it will look much better than paint. Good luck !!

Could someone tell me the difference btw jet & jet hematite ??
Jet is pure black no shades no effects - plain black
Jet Hematite is a Jet-crystal coted with the "color/shade" Hematite ... to me Jet Hematite looks more metallic but not silver, more like anthrazite (?) - like a grey-black-metallic

sorry, my english is not that good, hope you get it or someone else will explain better =)

You mean the Plum Daffodile, right?
I think the closest one would be Lumiere Burgundy 545 paint.
:yes: plum daffodile! So, it's definitely burgundy underneath? I kept debating between that and brown. Do you think the crystal color is very close to volcano? I really want the plum to be my next DIY. But, I already have volcano piggies and the maralenas.

Ok ladies I'm going to attempt to DIY my HG shoe- the Lady Lynch Zeppa Strass wedge- the aqua color. I've got a pewter/silver base right now and was wondering what base color/ crystal color you guys think I need to achieve the look as close as possible. I was thinking a very dark metallic teal base and Jet AB crystals because that's what they say on the shoe description.

Finished my meridian blue rolandos about a week ago! The color is very pretty! I can totally see why people love the meridian blue crystals! Thank you for letting me share!

2123595650060017512S600x600Q85.jpg

2456746500060017512S600x600Q85.jpg

2314501520060017512S600x600Q85.jpg

2777048780060017512S600x600Q85.jpg

2825924770060017512S600x600Q85.jpg

this is funny to me bc i have been searching for rolando's in the brown colorway.

love the meridian blue though! that will be my first DIY

loveglitzer said:
oh yes, that will look wonderful. Could you post a pic of the dyed shoe and how it worked. I have never tried it, but I believe that it will look much better than paint. Good luck !!

I decided to go with Lumiere Hi Light Violet paint and it seems to work perfectly!
it gave the shoe nice base for strassing and pearly lilac tint, without totally taking away white color of the shoe. Really hard to capture on camera, but looks amazing IRL.

Attachments

• image-3685114348.jpg
    image-3685114348.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 475
  • image-3611587450.jpg
    image-3611587450.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 473
Jet is pure black no shades no effects - plain black
Jet Hematite is a Jet-crystal coted with the "color/shade" Hematite ... to me Jet Hematite looks more metallic but not silver, more like anthrazite (?) - like a grey-black-metallic

sorry, my english is not that good, hope you get it or someone else will explain better =)
Thanks So much, great way of explaining it .. I couldn't really tell from the pics of the two ...

Just wanted to share some pics of a pair of Very Prive's I ring strassed. Love the look of ring strass but it's a :censor: to work with because it only comes in three sizes! Filling in the gaps was a little challenging.

img1290p.jpg

img1298v.jpg

Just wanted to share some pics of a pair of Very Prive's I ring strassed. Love the look of ring strass but it's a :censor: to work with because it only comes in three sizes! Filling in the gaps was a little challenging.

img1290p.jpg

img1298v.jpg

:nuts: Wow!!! Those look incredible! Sorry for my ignorant question but they have the ringed crystals available or how did you do it?

I decided to go with Lumiere Hi Light Violet paint and it seems to work perfectly!
it gave the shoe nice base for strassing and pearly lilac tint, without totally taking away white color of the shoe. Really hard to capture on camera, but looks amazing IRL.
oh that is beautiful - it so iridescent and schillerizing ... very nice, thank you for sharing. I will keep that in mind and yes, I totally agree this is perfect for me. Looking forward for more pictures =)

Status
Not open for further replies.