Jewelry Lovers chit chat thread

Yup...the beach club is finished. Have to admit it does look good and they retained the "old time" look/feel.
Interesting about Larimar...don't think I've ever heard of it.
^I'm glad it was worth the wait. larimar is really beautiful...the color especially.

Hi girls!

Sorry I haven't been on much but I've been reading everything and I miss y'all!
^are you having a fun summer?

skyqueen said:
Sorry about the jewelry, LVoe...sometimes it's better not to invest when you live so far away and may have trouble returning something expensive.

That was exactly my BFs point. But it's okay-- I know deep down I want perlee rings from vca and a swing ring/yellow diamond rings from Tiffany so I shouldn't buy anything at this point.

etk123 said:
Aside from the disappointing jewelry, how was your trip? And what is larimar? I always see it, very pretty.

We are 11 days from vacay, the countdown is on! I just got an email entailing what my spa package includes, ladies, this is gonna be bliss! DD13 has also gotten the spa package lol, what a life! I don't think I had a massage until I was married and a mother of 2. Kids these days...:biggrin:

It was okay, I'm not used to vacations where you get up, lay on the beach, shower and primp for dinner, then kill time before bed on repeat. I love to explore cities and truly experience the country instead of never leaving the resort. Plus it was with a large portion of my bf's family so there was tons of drama. Even at my bday dinner- bf dad stormed off bcuz of the mom, daughters were mad at the dad, older daughter was crying for 5 minutes then laughing at someone the next, aunt and uncle were bickering.... It was a lot to handle and it's hard because the sisters no matter how nice and welcoming I am toward them- and they've known me for 4 years, they as his dad says have this inferiority complex from the moms side and there's no pleasing any of them. I felt so uncomfortable in my room because the older sister made a big deal about the rooms since we weren't married... So the younger sister stayed w us which was no problem but as again the dad said the big sister was in the rlittle sisters ear the whole time, was extremely moody whenever I was in the room.. Excluded me. It was very frustrating. Especially when I realized that they weren't giving me a gift this year- which is fine but they always make a big deal if it happened to them. And this year they both received Tiffany's from me even though I normally get like a clearance item or a little gift card but this year nothing. So it was like a symbol of how they feel toward me i guess. So while it was nice to spend time w my bf, it was a lot to handle but after hearing his dad say those things i've realized not to try anymore and to just continue to be respectful but to not try so hard and welcome my distance.

The larimar is nice but now way overpriced. It started getting popular on the islands years ago and I guess it's been booming with tourists so the prices are significantly higher. However the silver settings they are placed in are of very poor quality and will. Break before the trip ends. The stone to me reminds me of a hybrid of turquoise and chaldony if that makes sense.

That sounds like an awesome vaca!!!!! What a lucky dd! That should be a great experience for you

frick&frack said:
^have they finished remodeling at your beach club?

^I LOVE larimar! it's more valuable than most turquoise (except persian turquoise)...it's definitely expensive because there's only once source (the DR). what parts of your jewelry broke? the stones or the settings? did you return them while you were still in the DR? I bet your jade ring is pretty.

hope you had a fun trip otherwise.

Sets and unfortunately the fair came to the resort and already left

It was okay, I'm not used to vacations where you get up, lay on the beach, shower and primp for dinner, then kill time before bed on repeat. I love to explore cities and truly experience the country instead of never leaving the resort. Plus it was with a large portion of my bf's family so there was tons of drama. Even at my bday dinner- bf dad stormed off bcuz of the mom, daughters were mad at the dad, older daughter was crying for 5 minutes then laughing at someone the next, aunt and uncle were bickering.... It was a lot to handle and it's hard because the sisters no matter how nice and welcoming I am toward them- and they've known me for 4 years, they as his dad says have this inferiority complex from the moms side and there's no pleasing any of them. I felt so uncomfortable in my room because the older sister made a big deal about the rooms since we weren't married... So the younger sister stayed w us which was no problem but as again the dad said the big sister was in the rlittle sisters ear the whole time, was extremely moody whenever I was in the room.. Excluded me. It was very frustrating. Especially when I realized that they weren't giving me a gift this year- which is fine but they always make a big deal if it happened to them. And this year they both received Tiffany's from me even though I normally get like a clearance item or a little gift card but this year nothing. So it was like a symbol of how they feel toward me i guess. So while it was nice to spend time w my bf, it was a lot to handle but after hearing his dad say those things i've realized not to try anymore and to just continue to be respectful but to not try so hard and welcome my distance.

The larimar is nice but now way overpriced. It started getting popular on the islands years ago and I guess it's been booming with tourists so the prices are significantly higher. However the silver settings they are placed in are of very poor quality and will. Break before the trip ends. The stone to me reminds me of a hybrid of turquoise and chaldony if that makes sense.

That sounds like an awesome vaca!!!!! What a lucky dd! That should be a great experience for you

:flowers:Aww that doesn't sound very fun...sometimes it seems like no matter what, the inlaw issues come into play. And everyone's family dynamics are different, it's hard to get thrown into the mix for an extended time, let alone on an island! Don't let the sisters' behavior bother you, it doesn't sound like it even had anything to do with you. Some people are difficult to please, and will find fault however they can, and take it out on whoever they can!

ugh. They sound fun. NOT.
You can say that again!

:flowers:Aww that doesn't sound very fun...sometimes it seems like no matter what, the inlaw issues come into play. And everyone's family dynamics are different, it's hard to get thrown into the mix for an extended time, let alone on an island! Don't let the sisters' behavior bother you, it doesn't sound like it even had anything to do with you. Some people are difficult to please, and will find fault however they can, and take it out on whoever they can!

I'm trying hard not to but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for when they are nice to me, knowing now that they talk about me poorly, it all seems fake now but the way I see it if one of them feels inferior to me without me doing anything to her to make her feel that way that I am gaining momentum in success in my life.

You can say that again!

I'm trying hard not to but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for when they are nice to me, knowing now that they talk about me poorly, it all seems fake now but the way I see it if one of them feels inferior to me without me doing anything to her to make her feel that way that I am gaining momentum in success in my life.

All I'm going to say is be careful, and remember when you get married, you marry the WHOLE family.

I'm super thankful to have such great in laws that I can happily spend time with.

I'm sorry about the BF's family. They sound kinda "drama prone"...at least you know what's in store for you.
Be nice but keep your distance. As Lana posted, unfortunately you also get his family in the package deal!

I'm sorry about the BF's family. They sound kinda "drama prone"...at least you know what's in store for you.
Be nice but keep your distance. As Lana posted, unfortunately you also get his family in the package deal!

All I'm going to say is be careful, and remember when you get married, you marry the WHOLE family.

I'm super thankful to have such great in laws that I can happily spend time with.

Yeah seriously. I just have to keep my mouth shut. If the worst they could say is little comments and making mountains out of nonexistent mole hills, I'm going to try to not be bother by it anymore.
In 4 years if we are still together and want to marry, his family will def make or break it! But nothing I have to worry about anytime soon lol.

On a positive note. Anyone know of a dupe for these eddie borgo bracelets everyone is wearing? I've been working on saving so much for big nice classic pieces, I miss having some fun pieces to play around with. Idk if I should just buy this or continue to look for a dupe.. hmm!
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Eddie...ements%3D&eItemId=prod147400085&cmCat=product

IDK if I should look for yellow or rose gold.

Yeah seriously. I just have to keep my mouth shut. If the worst they could say is little comments and making mountains out of nonexistent mole hills, I'm going to try to not be bother by it anymore.
In 4 years if we are still together and want to marry, his family will def make or break it! But nothing I have to worry about anytime soon lol.

On a positive note. Anyone know of a dupe for these eddie borgo bracelets everyone is wearing? I've been working on saving so much for big nice classic pieces, I miss having some fun pieces to play around with. Idk if I should just buy this or continue to look for a dupe.. hmm!
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Eddie...ements%3D&eItemId=prod147400085&cmCat=product

IDK if I should look for yellow or rose gold.
I have the Eddie Borgo silver in the large. Check the forum someone has the RG.