Help with SNAD/Return on Hermes Bag

Some stores/sellers, such as EDO, have restocking fees. If this person considers themselves a "store" whether virtual or b&m, they may indeed have restocking policies in place even if bought on paypal. That said, I would still try to get your full payment refunded. I wish you luck, OP.

Some stores/sellers, such as EDO, have restocking fees. If this person considers themselves a "store" whether virtual or b&m, they may indeed have restocking policies in place even if bought on paypal. That said, I would still try to get your full payment refunded. I wish you luck, OP.

I don't disagree with this however if that is the case, than the seller

when she invoiced OP thru Paypal she should have noted that policy

on the invoice.. It would have been very clear that there was a restocking

fee...and understood by both parties...

This seller has put demands for a return that are just absurd.

OP needs to do what she can with AMex &/or PP

Op when you mail the bag, strap/etc be sure to return back in two separate shipments, same as it was mailed to you. Even though ONE item was purchased there were two separate CC transactions to pay for it. It does not matter why the transactions were split, Paypal simply treats EACH as two separate transactions and each would need two separate tracking numbers. This is to protect yourself in case your seller claims that you only returned one "transaction" and not the other.

I feel that any "policy" should be voided when a product is misrepresented.

I definitely agree with this statement.

There were a couple of occasions in which I purchased "Final Sale" items from high-end retailers (one online and the other a department store) and when I received the items I noticed they had significant flaws such as a crack and chip in a heel made out of wood and a seaming/sewing issue in a Chloe dress. I contacted the retailers and told them about the flaws and both times they accepted a return on a final sale item because their reasoning was I shouldn't be stuck with an item of inferior quality even in a sale.

Although, the fact that the bag you purchased is pre-owned might give the seller some "way" out of honoring a full return--at least in her mind. Sorry about all this!

Op when you mail the bag, strap/etc be sure to return back in two separate shipments, same as it was mailed to you. Even though ONE item was purchased there were two separate CC transactions to pay for it. It does not matter why the transactions were split, Paypal simply treats EACH as two separate transactions and each would need two separate tracking numbers. This is to protect yourself in case your seller claims that you only returned one "transaction" and not the other.

absolutely!!!

I´ve finally opened a dispute on ebay and they said they´ll be giving me a full refund. But I first need to get a third party statement.
Hermès are not allowed to write any statements at all, so does any of you have any suggestions of where to go? Can I go to a well-known auction company with years of experiences on vintage bags? Or does it actually have to be a store/boutique that sell these kind of bags?
TIA

I´ve finally opened a dispute on ebay and they said they´ll be giving me a full refund. But I first need to get a third party statement.
Hermès are not allowed to write any statements at all, so does any of you have any suggestions of where to go? Can I go to a well-known auction company with years of experiences on vintage bags? Or does it actually have to be a store/boutique that sell these kind of bags?
TIA
I think a statement from a well known auction house would be good but wait for others to chime in. I assume you are talking about Bukowskis`?

TIA

Hello
I thought you said you didnt buy through ebay but paid with paypal? $1900
Do you mean you opened a dispute with paypal and not ebay?:smile:
I wish you all the luck in getting your money back.

Oh sorry, I meant through Paypal!
The bag was listed on ebay but I bought it directly through the seller, so NO EBAY dispute, Just PAYPAL.. Thanks for pointing that out :smile:

I always buy everything on my own, and see the most of my items in person before purchase, but this time a very good client of mine had seen the bag on ebay and asked me to buy it for him. I´ll never do that again.. I´ve really learnt a really good lesson.
I know there are many good ebay sellers out there, but when it comes to such an expensive bag then you should propably see it in person before before paying..

Last edited:
Caroldiva does authenticate Hermes bags... She has a fee which is $30

and ebay/paypal does consider her viable for authentications..(and she is fairly

quick to respond)

Others can chime in for other sources/suggestions

Good luck OP

Caroldiva does authenticate Hermes bags... She has a fee which is $30

and ebay/paypal does consider her viable for authentications..(and she is fairly

quick to respond)

Others can chime in for other sources/suggestions

Good luck OP
Yes, but this is not about authenticity. It´s about the condition of the bag. Maybe a written statement by Bukowskis (well known auction house) would suffice?