Tinting/Dying LV Vernis?

alisaxlee

Alexa is Kinda Fancy
Sep 26, 2010
Okay, this is a long shot... but I have a small LV rose vernis zip coin wallet. This was one of the first vernis colors and came out in 1999. It's a soft creamy pink. Unfortunately, the color has really degraded and it just looks dirty.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to even out the darkened vernis? I know dying patent leather would have to be really involved, if it's even possible. But at this point, I don't use the wallet, and I'm willing to experiment a little bit.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Okay, this is a long shot... but I have a small LV rose vernis zip coin wallet. This was one of the first vernis colors and came out in 1999. It's a soft creamy pink. Unfortunately, the color has really degraded and it just looks dirty.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to even out the darkened vernis? I know dying patent leather would have to be really involved, if it's even possible. But at this point, I don't use the wallet, and I'm willing to experiment a little bit.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Hi there. Did you get any information from Vuitton? I have a couple of vernis pieces with some discoloring and was told there is nothing that could be done. However I'd love to hear if you were told something different. The two pieces I have that have discoloring were purchased pre-loved and was told the discoloration happens when light-colored vernis is left in the sunlight. So I try not to expose new pieces to direct sunlight but I'm curious to know if you were told of a way that gets rid of that discoloration.

Hi there. Did you get any information from Vuitton? I have a couple of vernis pieces with some discoloring and was told there is nothing that could be done. However I'd love to hear if you were told something different. The two pieces I have that have discoloring were purchased pre-loved and was told the discoloration happens when light-colored vernis is left in the sunlight. So I try not to expose new pieces to direct sunlight but I'm curious to know if you were told of a way that gets rid of that discoloration.

I haven't checked with LV, but I'm pretty sure I would get the same answer. Which vernis colors do you have?