Bottega Veneta Intrecciomirage and Intrecciolusion range, Love..like...humm..hate?

Vinia

Dec 29, 2011
BV recently launched a new series of simpler bags and accessories and I wonder how do we BVettes take to this.

Personally, it's Hummm for me. I purchased a small bag on a chain in violet. I was not over the moon when I saw it but because it had a unique design (a zip bottom) I bought. Here's a photo. I'm not enamoured about the new treatment and still prefer if this was weaved.

What do you ladies think or feel?

Attachments

• image-1232020674.jpg
    image-1232020674.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,009
I don't like it if BV makes simpler bags, which are cheaper then the "normal" ones! That's why I don't buy no more LV bags. I hate masse production!! I'm afraid that the same thing will happen with BV if they produces a "simpler" collection. I hope you understand what I mean - I don't speak very good English.:blush:

I just looked on the website and can't find this style bag nor does the color look recent. Also, I cannot see a zipper on the bottom of your bag from the photo. I don't think I would be bothered if they made a more affordable priced bag as long as they keep their wonderful quality and customer service. I'm curious to learn more. As indiaink said, can you show us more photos? TIA.

Here are 2 more photos. The leather is still as lovely. The main blog has a post on this new series.

Attachments

• image-3965602453.jpg
    image-3965602453.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 949
  • image-4075043943.jpg
    image-4075043943.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 951
I've seen both the Intrecciomirage and Intrecciolusion lines during my recent BV boutique "tours" on biz travel. I personally would not purchase the stamped leather Intrecciomirage, but I am interested in the fabric Intrecciolusion line. There are some very nice totes and cosmetic bags I am considering to replace my leather pouches and my aging Herve Chapelier totes.

boxermom said:
What is the purpose of a zipper on the bottom? Very pretty color.

I haven't seen the new line IRL, but from photos, I doubt if I'll buy any.

Boxermom, the zipper at the bottom is for convenience when you flip the bag up towards you, you can take out whatever you put inside.

This bag has 3 compartments. The flap at the top conceals 2(a multi-card pocket, and a compartment you can put a phone or compact wallet in) then the zipped bottom is another roomier conpartment that is like a cosmetic pouch size.

It comes with a long chain that can be used crossbody or double looped to use the bag as a shoulder sling bag.

Hmmmm, I think it's really a cute bag and I would buy it, especially in a nice red. Since I am not working any more, this price point is much better and I just can't justify spending what I used to on bags. I am also intrigued by the fabric bags and totes.

An interesting design ~ and the color does look very nice (Just to check from what you said + the pictures ... it seems to be Violet?). I could see myself purchasing this in my 20s. In my 30s, I'm sticking to the very staid, traditional pieces.

well my feelings are:
no weaving no bv
I don't like the stamping
I know it is a better price point
and if my granddaughter was old enough it might be her intro to BV instead of a baby veneta
but not for me

I don't care for either line. I checked them out at the BV boutique and really was not impressed. I prefer the woven leather. IMO these bags don't look like luxury bags.

Eeek , next time I think I'll keep my opinion to myself! :P

Please don't! Everyone doesn't have to agree - your opinion is just as valid and welcome as any other!

These new lines are still more of a luxury than many can afford - we really need to keep that in mind...in my opinion.