I just bought a fake :(

Call PP and tell them you are returning the bag to the seller and that you need the address she has on file with them. Although, SOMEONE PLEASE CHIME IN HERE, I believe at this point and the way this transaction is going, you should really be confirming with eBay what her address is. Any time I ever did a return or exchange on eBay (only two, but either way), I always went by the address they had on file with eBay. I hope someone will add detail, but that's what I did.

Thanks, GlamGirly! I'll call eBay as the sale did go through eBay, then Paypal. I appreciate your advice!

Call PP and tell them you are returning the bag to the seller and that you need the address she has on file with them. Although, SOMEONE PLEASE CHIME IN HERE, I believe at this point and the way this transaction is going, you should really be confirming with eBay what her address is. Any time I ever did a return or exchange on eBay (only two, but either way), I always went by the address they had on file with eBay. I hope someone will add detail, but that's what I did.

I'm good to go! I called eBay and I was able to confirm the address, so I've created the label, and will have it in the mail to her tomorrow. I feel really bad for her. I believe the she did not know it was a fake. She said she paid full price for it. That is horrible. So the person who scammer her, scammed us both. I hope there is some way she can get her money back, and that it wasn't too long ago. Thanks again for your suggestion to call!

I'm glad the refund is going through ok w/the seller being so amenable. It sucks big time though that she purchased the bag from someone else who turned out to be the scammer! :sad:

Wait, so did you get it authenticated pre sale, and it was considered authentic, but then post sale, it was deemed fake? :confused1: I guess I could go down to the AT board and check, too. :P

*want it all* said:
I'm glad the refund is going through ok w/the seller being so amenable. It sucks big time though that she purchased the bag from someone else who turned out to be the scammer! :sad:

Wait, so did you get it authenticated pre sale, and it was considered authentic, but then post sale, it was deemed fake? :confused1: I guess I could go down to the AT board and check, too. :P

No, I was hasty and didn't authenticate before. I went off her feedback. But, now she is asking me to cancel the sale, and THEN she will refund my money. She said she got the bag back, and it looks fine, but that I need to cancel the sale before she'll return my money. Is that normal? I always thought it was after the money is refunded the sale is cancelled. She opened up a case. I didn't. So now I'm confused. Help, please? :smile: You're the best!

She would be the one to initiate the "mutual cancellation" so presumably she has done that. I can't remember what order it was done in when I returned an item. I don't think it matters if you agree to the cancellation first and she refunds second.

northerndancer said:
She would be the one to initiate the "mutual cancellation" so presumably she has done that. I can't remember what order it was done in when I returned an item. I don't think it matters if you agree to the cancellation first and she refunds second.

Thank you, Northern Dancer. I just got worried because on the alert it says to accept only if you haven't paid or have received the refund already, but if it doesn't make a difference, I'll just accept so that she'll release my money back to me. I appreciate your help!

With regards to the return shipping...it cost me almost $20 to ship this bag back to her with the cost of insurance and the shipping. I would offer to reimburse any of my buyers for an item I sold that ended up being inauthentic, but this Seller has not offered any reimbursement. Is this typical? Since I didn't contact eBay on this being a fake to be courteous to her, do I have any way of getting any credit for shipping on this as I now can't ask eBay for the credit? She has asked me to cancel the transaction so that she can get her fees back, but I am out almost $20 on this deal. That doesn't seem quite fair. Am I wrong to think this?

With regards to the return shipping...it cost me almost $20 to ship this bag back to her with the cost of insurance and the shipping. I would offer to reimburse any of my buyers for an item I sold that ended up being inauthentic, but this Seller has not offered any reimbursement. Is this typical? Since I didn't contact eBay on this being a fake to be courteous to her, do I have any way of getting any credit for shipping on this as I now can't ask eBay for the credit? She has asked me to cancel the transaction so that she can get her fees back, but I am out almost $20 on this deal. That doesn't seem quite fair. Am I wrong to think this?

No you are not wrong to think this... return shipping seems to be

a sensitive matter to discuss..

Did you ask the seller to reimburse you for the shipping?

If you had contacted ebay there are times when they do reimburse for the

return shipping if you indeed has chosen to file a SNAD

Perhaps in an e-mail you could let the seller know that you did not go the

route of filing a SNAD with ebay to give her the benefit of the doubt that since

this item was indeed fake, a $20 reimbursement for return shipping sounds

reasonable to me..

If you don't ask , you won't know... the worst she could say is no &

you seem to be prepared for that... and if she doesn't want to reimburse

you for the full amount, why not split it??

You won't be out that much..

Good luck

Thank you, Northern Dancer. I just got worried because on the alert it says to accept only if you haven't paid or have received the refund already, but if it doesn't make a difference, I'll just accept so that she'll release my money back to me. I appreciate your help!

Do NOT cancel the transaction without getting your money back first. There is a reason Ebay warns you to not do this until the money is refunded. Once the transaction is cancelled, it never existed so if she refuses to refund you, it will be very difficult to pursue a case.

I would explain to her gently that ebay advises a buyer not to accept a cancellation until money is refunded.

If I am being overly paranoid, someone please contradict me, but to me it sounds fishy that she refuses to refund you until the transaction is off Ebay's books.

Do NOT cancel the transaction without getting your money back first. There is a reason Ebay warns you to not do this until the money is refunded. Once the transaction is cancelled, it never existed so if she refuses to refund you, it will be very difficult to pursue a case.

I would explain to her gently that ebay advises a buyer not to accept a cancellation until money is refunded.

If I am being overly paranoid, someone please contradict me, but to me it sounds fishy that she refuses to refund you until the transaction is off Ebay's books.

Agreed. DO NOT do that. She should refund you first.

The transaction does not go off ebay's books. The purpose of the mutual cancellation is so the seller can recoup the final value fees. Both the buyer and seller can leave feedback after the mutual cancellation. There is a paypal record of the payment that doesn't disappear either.

No you are not wrong to think this... return shipping seems to be

a sensitive matter to discuss..

Did you ask the seller to reimburse you for the shipping?

If you had contacted ebay there are times when they do reimburse for the

return shipping if you indeed has chosen to file a SNAD

Perhaps in an e-mail you could let the seller know that you did not go the

route of filing a SNAD with ebay to give her the benefit of the doubt that since

this item was indeed fake, a $20 reimbursement for return shipping sounds

reasonable to me..

If you don't ask , you won't know... the worst she could say is no &

you seem to be prepared for that... and if she doesn't want to reimburse

you for the full amount, why not split it??

You won't be out that much..

Good luck

Hi Hotshot, thanks for your message. I asked the Seller if she could please reimburse me for half and she did say no. I replied back exactly what you said, that if I had filed an SNAD for this bag, eBay might have ordered it destroyed, so I would not have had to pay to ship it back at all. Since I did not want to do that to her, and since she now has her bag back, and I won't have my money back until Thursday (Paypal put a hold on it) would she please reconsider her position. She is asking me to cancel the sale so that she gets her fees back too, so I just wish she were a little more open to my side of this transaction. Oh well. It is what it is. I should be thankful that she didn't make the return a bigger headache for me. Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it!

Thank you all for the cancellation advice. :flowers: Fortunately, she did refund the money to me, but there is a hold on it. Does anyone know why Paypal does this? It is pending until Thursday. I have not agreed to the cancellation yet because I don't have the money yet and I'm not sure what this is all about. I will agree to the cancellation once the money is back in my account though. The only other thing that I'm a bit put off about is that I also asked the seller if she would split the return shipping, but she feels that the return is all on me. I wish she would have at least split it with me, but what can you do? :shrugs: