Dooney and Bourke Florentine Vachetta Satchel

That's what I was thinking... next time I go shopping, I should wear some brown and try on both the chestnut & t-moro to see which looks better. :yes:

I bought the chestnut and just love it. I think the t-Moro is nice but a little too one dimensional. The beauty of the bag doesn't show through as much. The chestnut would go with anything and it's gorgeous!

charleston-mom said:
I bought the chestnut and just love it. I think the t-Moro is nice but a little too one dimensional. The beauty of the bag doesn't show through as much. The chestnut would go with anything and it's gorgeous!

Would you think the natural is neutral also for all year

Thank you for your input. Does the chestnut even go with clothing that has bits of darker brown in it? I have a few shirts with darker brown stripes in them and designs. Also, my boots for the winter are a little darker of a brown...do you think the chestnut would look bad? I don't really own a whole lot of brown, but I just want to make sure it goes together lol.

Thank you for your input. Does the chestnut even go with clothing that has bits of darker brown in it? I have a few shirts with darker brown stripes in them and designs. Also, my boots for the winter are a little darker of a brown...do you think the chestnut would look bad? I don't really own a whole lot of brown, but I just want to make sure it goes together lol.

I think it woild be much prettier to be honest. You should never match exactly. My oldest daughter taught me that and I think she's 100% correct. Matching exactly is boring. Varying shades of brown are gorgeous. The chestnut is I think the prettiest color in this bag. I also think its much more expensive looking than the t-Moro. I also wouldn't want to be too all one tone. It looks too studied, like a person is trying to hard to match shades. Infinitely less interesting. I think the chestnut would look prettier than trying to match your tones exactly, which never actually works anyway. The chestnut goes with black and tan clothes too which is fun.

I think it woild be much prettier to be honest. You should never match exactly. My oldest daughter taught me that and I think she's 100% correct. Matching exactly is boring. Varying shades of brown are gorgeous. The chestnut is I think the prettiest color in this bag. I also think its much more expensive looking than the t-Moro. I also wouldn't want to be too all one tone. It looks too studied, like a person is trying to hard to match shades. Infinitely less interesting. I think the chestnut would look prettier than trying to match your tones exactly, which never actually works anyway. The chestnut goes with black and tan clothes too which is fun.
If I can jump in. I agree. Saw the chestnut in Nordys today and it was beautiful. I was debating that color for my new bag but as I already have the neutral satchel and my speedy is the ebene I thought I would go for a non brown color. However, I think I am having buyers regret. I bought the domed buckle satchel today from
Dooney on line in olive. Thought that would be a good neutral color that would wear well. Now I am stressing that I missed out not buying the moss. I haven't seen either in person. Has any one seen these colors in real life on this bag or at all? I am going to be sweating this until my bag arrives.

I had the Smith bag in moss I returned it only because I found a mbmj in that color to me it was summer looking. The Chestnut is stunning I may return my natural for that color
Thanks that helps. I don't want a summer bag. I will see if I like the olive. Otherwise exchange for the chestnut as well. But I will say for the regular Florentine satchel the natural is hard to beat as it goes with absolutely everything and it ages so wonderfully. I could not be more pleased. But I do think the chestnut will develope an amazing vintage like finish. Now talking myself into the chestnut too I'll.

Very true! It's hard even to be exact when matching anyways. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!