Tale of a SAD REVEAL

jaffe said:
Thanks Rania, my thoughts EXACTLY. The creases I could kinda, sorta understand and MAYBE might have convinced myself to live with. But when I saw the mis-alignment on the back, I was thinking the same!!

That this could have been made in China by one of those counterfeiters!! Perhaps it was and somehow it got into the Saks system.
Nah it's just that the bags are made by people who are humans like us and that's assuring in a way, but you're definitely right for the money send it back you deserve a perfect well pattern made Chanel handbag, I mean if it's new it should look new and not worn previously with bad diamond stitching

I am so sorry...But this color is TDF!I hope everything turns out ok for you!

Thanks! I know, it is such a gorgeous RED! And I'm not a red person, never have been. Never even thought of getting a red bag before, even though I had seen the 5A, the 10C reds, etc. Those were beautiful, but it was either too bright for my taste or too pink or orange, etc.

This one is PERFECT. The color, that is. ;)

OMG this is horrible!! So sorry about your experience! I do see Issues #1,2 and 4. Can't quite see Issue #3 - maybe its hard to capture on the camera. Is it a white thread on the red or something white on the leather? When I first received my red jumbo, I noticed something white on the cc logo flap area. I thought it was a scratch, but it rubbed off after I tried to wipe it gently.

But to me, the back pocket is just not acceptable. Hopefully you can call your SA to get you a brand new one. Is yours Made in France or Italy? Mine is Italty. Always prefer a classic from France but its not a deal breaker for me.

Keep us posted what you are going to do.

UPDATE: I immediately went back to check my red jumbo and the line doesn't align for me too, in the front flap! The black pocket is fine though. Oh this is bad! I can't believe the quality of chanel is so bad!!! I checked my 2 other jumbo (both made in France) and they are both fine. Oh now it's bothering me alot now that I see the lines do not align. I need to call the SA now. I don't even know if I can find a replacement at this point. Sad :sad:

Update: just called my SA and she said she can get me a new one. She is goin to examine herself first and send it to me. Crossing my fingers... She said all the M/L and jumbos they recevied are made in Italy so i wonder id the whole batch has problems?!! Hopefully not. I am still disappointed about the quality of Chanel these days.

Queenbee11, this red is so beautiful but sorry to hear that you have to exchange. You mentioned that your SA said that the jumbos and mediums are made in Italy...is your 12A red jumbo made in Italy? My medium 12A red is made in France... Just an observation.

Hope you get a pristine red jumbo soooon! The color is so yummy!

Thanks! I know, it is such a gorgeous RED! And I'm not a red person, never have been. Never even thought of getting a red bag before, even though I had seen the 5A, the 10C reds, etc. Those were beautiful, but it was either too bright for my taste or too pink or orange, etc.

This one is PERFECT. The color, that is. ;)

:tup:

Thank you everyone, it's nice to hear from people who understand and from some of you who actually have experience with imperfect bags in your past.

I am so sorry...But this color is TDF!I hope everything turns out ok for you!

AGREE -- I love love love the color! Now I totally see how ******** went on and on about her reds! :P

I'm soo sorry! After spending all that money and waiting in anticipation it is a disappointment for sure. But I'm sure your SA will take the return and find you a brand spanking perfect new one. Have her inspect it before she ships. And stay positive. Don't let this misstep ruin your excitement and anticipation of your beautiful BRAND NEW & PERFECT Chanel.

Thanks Goldie, good advice. I will definitely have SA inspect the replacement bag (and any other one I buy from now on). Just hope she can find this 12A Red Jumbo.

The lining up problem bothers me the most. Let us know how it gets resolved.

What I don't understand is, yes these bags are made by humans, and humans are prong to errors. BUT, Chanel does not have a QA process to check these and send these types of bags to Outlet or whatever, and ONLY send to stores the ones that meet QA criteria???

So sorry!!! The back pocket being unaligned is the worst out of all the flaws. I cannot handle that kind of stuff, things being uneven, crooked etc. Bugs me SOOOOOO MUCH! I'm glad you are getting a new one :smile:

I'm going to have to get a new one, because there was no way I could keep this. Like you, it would bug me to no end. I still have not opened to peek inside the bag.

Is it time to create a checklist for new purchases ? This will help many of us to do the QC ourselves. Or such list is around already ?

Hahaha, thsi is funny in a way.

I can't believe the quality of Chanel that bad. I though I'm the only one got the defected bag with scratch-stain on it. I didn't take a deep look of my bag. Sure will do when my new one arrive.

Chanel need to improve quality, not increase price. Few thousands dollars for a poor quality bag will push people go for other brands. :rant:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/another-12a-red-reveal-but-also-in-dilemma-761939.html

Canneiv, I remember seeing her thread about the scratch-thing and I recall replying that you should return it. That scratch/strain of yours was quite obvious, just like these defects on my bag. Glad to see you are getting a replacement as well.

After I read your thread, I have to double or triple check my new red maxi and lavender jumbo and make sure no flaws or dents.
Did you purchase it in a chanel store? or stores like SAKS or Bloomingdales.
No offense to Bloomingdales, I didnt like the way they treat the bags in Bloomingdales.
Last time I was looking at the business tote and try to carry it. I left it in the counter and the SA didnt put it inside the glass shelves. They lightly throw it in there.
This situation is not my first time witnessing it and I saw it more than twice.

I got this through Saks. SA was very nice and able to track down the coveted 12A red....perhaps some other SA had this red and did inspect and when my SA called inquiring, that SA probably said - go ahead you can have it, since if she/he were smart, they would know no reasonable woman would keep such a defective bag.

Hi Jaffe, I'm sorry to hear of the imperfections on your flap. I exchanged my medium red just a few days ago for a more pristine one because the flap wrinkled quite a bit when opened. Having said that, I heard it is not uncommon for a bit of wrinkling/creasing.. My new one is perfect, stitchings align and all that stuff..I am extremely
happy with my medium. As I see some imperfect flaps out there, I also know that there are a lot of perfect ones out there as well. I'm sure a perfect one will make it into your hands soon!

Congrats on getting your perfect replacement! So happy for you. Your original thread (the 12A reissue) that got me going down the red trail...then others started posting the same and I knew I wanted one for sure! :biggrin:

I smile whenever I see your mod pics with the beautiful red m/l and that pretty lace top of yours.

What??This should not happen with a $500 handbag,let alone a $5000 one.Definitely bring this one back and exchange...unacceptable.

You know, now that you've said it....that's true. It should NOT happen even with a $500 bag, much less this crazy expensive one.

At this point, I didn't even open the CC clasp and look inside. I simply turn the bag around to check the back side. Sure enough, I found:

Issue 3: White thread in with the red thread on the top left of the back right below the chain strap. It is noticeable in this pic, and it STANDS OUT irl as it's white on red.

7560342552_20b589eb93_b.jpg

I'm starting to get angry and sick to my stomach now... :cursing: :mad: :sick:

Then I went to take a pic of the right side, so I can email comparison pics to my SA. The right side, the thread is red as it should be. However....

Issue 4: look at the back pocket and the stitching is awfully mis-aligned. It's not even close!

7560342868_8ef38d03d8_b.jpg

So I have counted FOUR (4!!!!!!) defects in a $4900 supposed-brand-new-from-factory bag. And I have NOT EVEN opened up the bag to look inside. I'm afraid to even do so....afraid there could be a snake that jumps out at me or something akin to that.

Anyway, this is how I feel right now. I should go to bed and try to get some peace. Maybe I'll feel a little better in the morning.

:wtf: :confused1: :storm: :Pullhair: :sick: :throwup: :pout:
Omg LOL I just read ur line, a snake will jump out lol omg I was laughing so hard my hubby thinks I'm really going crazy over Chanel lol , I also like this red u should def return it and get a new one.

When I saw this thread, I got so scared. I have to run over to my new bags and see if there is any imperfections or crease or dents.
Your very lucky that you can get it exchanged or available replacement for you. There were some color classics are hard to replace such as patent red or patent lavender. I had been going through the authentic finds thread, I didn't see any posts of patent red or lavender available. I was lucky enough to get a perfect bag.
I felt bad when I read your thread. It breaks our heart. Is not 500 dollars bag but is over 5k bag. Even if a bag cost 100$, I will complain if I see flaws.
I am happy for you that you can get the "bad" bag replaced and hope you won't see it ever again haha.
I hope they can do something about the bag and at least try to fix it and give a spa before next person gets it.

Just be happy. You will have a new bag replaced. Don't Let this upset you ever again.

I really want to thank you for creating this thread. When I open my packages and play around the bags, I didn't observe The whole bag. I play around with it and then put it back in the box. Your lesson or your thread took me half of the day today to make sure no flaws and I clean it before I put it back in the box. I trust the shops too much. Since I'm paying so much money for it, I am expecting to get a perfect bag and I didn't check it at all.
Now this lesson got me scared to order classics over the phone. Shipping and the waiting is a torture for me. I can't imagine getting a messed up bag and then you have to ship it back to them. I hated all this trouble.

I am doubting the quality of Chanel recently. I just saw 2 brand new jumbo red caviar bags with obvious creases as OP's bag but even worst. Thats why I don't like the soft caviar.

First bag

image-1892056107.jpg

Second bag

image-2671650091.jpg

Third bag with crease on the back

image-2956430726.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rania, my thoughts EXACTLY. The creases I could kinda, sorta understand and MAYBE might have convinced myself to live with. But when I saw the mis-alignment on the back, I was thinking the same!!

That this could have been made in China by one of those counterfeiters!! Perhaps it was and somehow it got into the Saks system.

Even the creases would be hard to live with, you're buying brand new, not "like new" from ebay or something!! I wish they would up their quality, i really do favor chanel the most in terms of design otherwise :sad:(

You are right to change it.

I am doubting the quality of Chanel recently. I just saw 2 brand new jumbo red caviar bags with obvious creases as OP's bag but even worst. Thats why I don't like the soft caviar.

First bag
View attachment 1793199

View attachment 1793200

Third bag with crease on the back
View attachment 1793212

I guess this is maybe a display bag. Cause the back crease may be resulted by long time opening position. On displays, i often saw opened bag with small leather goods and CJs in it, for decoration.
I'm always wondered how they sell those display stuffs, with scratches and creases?
I've never heard CFs on sale, so would they distroy the défectives or continue to sell them In hopping that the consumers wont notice the défauts ?!
The l'astre option would be very unprofessional !

Ylona said:
You are right to change it.

I guess this is maybe a display bag. Cause the back crease may be resulted by long time opening position. On displays, i often saw opened bag with small leather goods and CJs in it, for decoration.
I'm always wondered how they sell those display stuffs, with scratches and creases?
I've never heard CFs on sale, so would they distroy the défectives or continue to sell them In hopping that the consumers wont notice the défauts ?!
The l'astre option would be very unprofessional !

In France those go on sale at the private sales.