Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pao9 said:
Are you talking about a little boutique like Goodwill? If Thats the one I thought it was terrible and super overpriced!

They have some cool things like shoe sales all the time. Purses beware. The only legit thing I found was when I was trying to find the faux fur collar thing that attaches to coats and they had the nicest one I've seen. And on sale. So I snapped it up for next season. Threw it in the dryer for an hour to kill "anything" since that place is so dirty and stuffy :/

Does your sister wear second-hand clothes/shoes? Lucky you! You can go shopping together. My sister would rather die than TOUCH them. LOL :biggrin:

I have 7 sisters. One loves to hangout with me and the other, the youngest, is the one I give a lot of things to. None of them, not one will go into a thrift store with me except the one that loves to hangout with me. When she goes in, she has a look on her face as if someone..how shall I say this...released a little tooter from the pooter:lolots:

i have 7 sisters. One loves to hangout with me and the other, the youngest, is the one i give a lot of things to. None of them, not one will go into a thrift store with me except the one that loves to hangout with me. When she goes in, she has a look on her face as if someone..how shall i say this...released a little tooter from the pooter:lolots:

:d:d:d

I had colleague who always bragged at work how she buys her clothes etc. only in high end stores and would never ever enter the second hand store. ...but I always met her there every Saturday morning when I was making my weekly tour and she always pretended not to know me. :biggrin:

Three dresses ... $7 total... small thrift store. This is the thrift store where they reclaimed Mom's Cart when she wandered away from it and they efficiently restocked everything she had in there, including her own jacket and bag. Yes. Luckily I refused to put the Longchamps Pliage Tote in her cart ... I was holding it when she screamed ... "Where's my cart!?"

Ha! I was in the dressing room and .. it's so Classic Mom ... what can we do? We gotta laugh ...

Anyhow no hard feelings cause they have great prices and cool stuff!

versus067.jpg

A terrible picture of an all silk polka dotted dress ...
versus066.jpg

with a wide colorful belt, this will be grand! It has a ton of seaming which you cannot see here ...

versus069.jpg

Look at the pointy round buttons! It was $2

versus071.jpg

Another all silk dress ... Pink and orange yes please! I love this silk knit...

versus072.jpg

From Australia! This is a lovely brand ... $3 ... Did I mention that the dresses at Goodwill are up to $8.49 in our stores? Except for the F21 new with tags that they mark with double black tags for $29.99 ... don't laugh! Stop laughing! May I interest you in an Old Navy Dress for $34.99? Fake Coach> No? You say No!?

versus073.jpg

This dress has drawstring openings ... I could do with a velvet ribbon belt yes yes I could

dragon070.jpg

$2 Ella Moss dress!
dragon069.jpg

They said Ella Moss was comfortable ... but this is ridiculous! Seriously. So snuggly!

Dress ... for Success!

Tuuli35 said:
I had colleague who always bragged at work how she buys her clothes etc. only in high end stores and would never ever enter the second hand store. ...but I always met her there every Saturday morning when I was making my weekly tour and she always pretended not to know me. :biggrin:

Too funny! I knew quite a lot of people who refused to set foot inside of those stores because they were too good for them, the stores were too dirty (so I suppose it's safe to lick the doorknobs at Neiman Marcus then), and the idea of wearing someone else's clothes was gross. Granted I used to not like the idea when I was 9 or 10 bit when my friend showed me a cool limited too shirt she got at thrift town (ltd too was my CRACK back in the day) I admitted she might be on to something. People at my fairly well to do high school admired all the funky designer things I'd dredge up and wear.

I think you can love stores like Neiman and love thrift stores right up with it. I know I carried a Chanel WOC with my thrift store Versace! I never understood the pride people get out of saying they spend lots of money on things. It's like great, you got them dollars. Yippee.

My favorite thing to do was drag my ex into crossroads while he complained loudly that everything was unsanitary and unwashed and gross and how he was surprised I never got an infection of any kind (uh... I am just wearing the clothes buddy)... Until he found a pair of true religions in his size. I think there was a lot of animosity growing between us for years at that point. :roflmfao:

It really IS about the Joy. Absolutely!

There's a thrift tag that goes around on You Tube. Andone of the questions is,"What do you think of people who think thrifting is gross?"

Usually people say,"More for Me!"

But I agree on the "I never understood why people have pride in spending too much on disposible things like clothes that cost pennies to make."

I don't understand. I also agree that I LOVE High End also. I want to move into the Chanel Robertson Boutique ...

I like it all! But to me the thrifting is aventure and treasure and pride in saving money! It's recycling and keeping green. Some people are phobic of The Dead People (not to be confused with The Grateful Dead) ... but I feel like... we're all pretty much going to be super dead one day. And I would hope my "stuff" can find a newer happy home instead of landing in a land fill.

Last edited:
lazlo8 said:

There's a thrift tag that goes around on You Tube. Andone of the questions is,"What do you think of people who think thrifting is gross?"

But I agree on the "I never understood why people have pride in spending too much on disposible things like clothes that cost pennies to make."

I don't understand. I also agree that I LOVE High End also. I want to move into the Chanel Robertson Boutique ...

I like it all! But to me the thrifting is aventure and treasure and pride in saving money! It's recycling and keeping green. Some people are phobic of The Dead People (not to be confused with The Grateful Dead) ... but I feel like... we're all pretty much going to be super dead one day. And I would hope my "stuff" can find a newer happy home instead of landing in a land fill.

I love thrifting when I have free time to spare. Most of it here is junk. I mean really like I fell into this pit where the 80s and 90s have been banished to. Obnoxious prints and shirts that have been way WAY over washed. I never go to goodwill anymore. It's a waste of time. *sigh* I'm guilty of giving them garbage so I expect to never find anything in return. Except the one in Palm Beach. But they constantly sell fakes of everything. They've just irritated me pretending to be oblivious.

However, consignment stores always. I found a Nicole miller silk dress for $26!! In perfect shape and no smells.

I agree with everything you wrote. :ps:

Status
Not open for further replies.