Nappy, Kinky and LOVIN" IT

Ok ladies. I made a copy of the Curly Girl Handbook Extended Edition (the newest one). I have it in PDF format. If you would like a copy, please send me a Public Message as my Private msgs are full. All I ask is that you don't load it to a public or storage site, or sell it (I know this sounds crazy, but people do it).

I'd like a copy too!

On another note, so I saw this brand called Hair Rules at Ulta a few months ago and I noticed yesterday that it was on clearance. :biggrin: So I picked up the small bottle of curling creme just to try it. lol I actually did like how soft it left my curls (although a few spots were a little crunchy - I guess I used to much). Apparently you use it in the shower on soaking wet hair which is how I prefer to style my hair anyway.

Not sure if I would purchase this again at full price, but on clearance for more than half off - yes I would!

Ladies, I either need an email, or a link to a free file storage site. Yesterday I was going to load it directly to this thread, but tPF does not allow me to load PDFs so no can do that way. I have it loaded to Google docs, bu need an email to give you access. If you know a file storage site, let me know and will load. It's a PDF I've optimized for email and size.

so Far I've got:
Kansashalo
Saira1214
MyBlackBag

Also, remember to send me a public msg on my page so then your request won't get lost here.

Kansashalo said:
I'd like a copy too!

On another note, so I saw this brand called Hair Rules at Ulta a few months ago and I noticed yesterday that it was on clearance. :biggrin: So I picked up the small bottle of curling creme just to try it. lol I actually did like how soft it left my curls (although a few spots were a little crunchy - I guess I used to much). Apparently you use it in the shower on soaking wet hair which is how I prefer to style my hair anyway.

Not sure if I would purchase this again at full price, but on clearance for more than half off - yes I would!

Kansas, I've seen a few Hair Rules products at TJ Maxx if you're looking to buy them at a markdown price.

Kansas, I've seen a few Hair Rules products at TJ Maxx if you're looking to buy them at a markdown price.

Thanks for letting me know. I LOVESSSSS me some TJMaxx so I'm going to be on the lookout when I go this week.:P

Ladybug- I'm going to send you a MSG

If anyone likes Shea Moisture- the line is on sale at target for $7.99

*heads to Target - which is thankfully close to TJMaxx!*

I only know bits and pieces. By the time I came upon her YT channel in March last year, she had stopped making videos and blogging. I guess she became ill in the early part of 2011 (or late 2010?), and there were people who'd purchased things that she was selling on her blog, but they say that they never received them. Then one of her family members posted about how she had been hospitalized and that was why she was MIA. Meanwhile, people were still waiting for either their products or a refund if they couldn't receive their products.

But I think that's where it's left off.

That's a shame. I used to love her blog. She had some great advice.

Are you reading the most current edition? I heard that expanded on several topics.

Yes, I have the version that came with the DVD and now includes a *short* chapter on AA hair.

but like How? Do they have to pull the curls, do they leave them in place and trim that way? I'm just trying to picture this? And how to they make sure it's done evenly on the tighter curls?

Here's a few YT videos I checked out a few months ago. I was considering a haircut & plan to get a Deva cut, but decided to wait a bit more.

The videos show the Deva cut on two different textures. In the first video, the girl goes on to explain/discuss an issue with the Deva cut she experienced, as have commenters to her video, which is due to the scrunching by the stylist versus raking/shingling product in her hair. The Deva cut is about how your curls fall & how you wear your curls, so she points out it is important (as always) to alert the stylist about how you want your hair & how you style it. We all know that finger detangling or the Denman brush, different gels or leave-in conditioners all yield different results on the same curls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_UfIdx-T8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa6dxMopOTE

Thanks, will check it out.

Yes, I have the version that came with the DVD and now includes a *short* chapter on AA hair.

Here's a few YT videos I checked out a few months ago. I was considering a haircut & plan to get a Deva cut, but decided to wait a bit more.

The videos show the Deva cut on two different textures. In the first video, the girl goes on to explain/discuss an issue with the Deva cut she experienced, as have commenters to her video, which is due to the scrunching by the stylist versus raking/shingling product in her hair. The Deva cut is about how your curls fall & how you wear your curls, so she points out it is important (as always) to alert the stylist about how you want your hair & how you style it. We all know that finger detangling or the Denman brush, different gels or leave-in conditioners all yield different results on the same curls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_UfIdx-T8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa6dxMopOTE

HI guys,

I see some mention of the Curly Girl book, and I am interested in trying this method. I have a few questions though. Is there a thread dedicated to it, or is this where I would put a question or two? TIA!