Help needed please for SNAD/authenticity claim on LV bag I sold on eBay

OP, I'm not saying you're guilty of this because of obviously I haven't seen the bag itself - however I can't see any pictures of the interior, only the very top of the inside. If there is damage/stains on the interior that can't be seen in the photos on the listing then the buyer would be eligible to file a SNAD. A few months ago I bought a bag which arrived with a sticky mess in one of the pockets. The seller didn't mention it in the listing or provide photographs, yet when I complained she said that there were photos of the interior on the listing. Unfortunately she elected to use pics with the pocket closed. That was just sneaky and dishonest. I chose not to return it because I felt I had still paid a good price and it was hard to find, so I just cleaned it myself.

None of this is an excuse for claiming the bag is fake, though. That's just stupid. I hope you get this cleared up.

The buyer's inability to form a complete sentence makes me doubt her credibility. Adding to the poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation, I would not side in her favor. However, I'm not an eBay customer service representative....

I just noticed on Carol's website that she had an out of state emergency but is back on line now. Hopefully, she will be able to help you.

Don't give up & don't cave and refund!

I think it is not a bad idea to ask the buyer send the bag back and you relist it on ebay again. But di not refund her until you get the bag from her with the same condition before. It is a leas risky plan then let ebay dicide. Honestly.

Unfortunately I doubt that Ebay will side with the seller here. They historically always side with the buyer. Even if it's buyer's remorse.

But without pictures showing the interior of the purse, Ebay will side with the buyer because the item has more wear than disclosed. It's always best to take and post as many pictures of the purse as possible - including full pictures of the interior.

BTW, I noticed that you've sold empty design house shopping bags. That's not allowed on Ebay and hasn't been allowed for a long time. You're lucky that Ebay didn't catch that, it's a high policy violation to have on your dashboard.

I looked on the original listing and can' t see photos of inside the bag myself..please do not take this wrong, only saying what I see or not see.

OP, I'm not saying you're guilty of this because of obviously I haven't seen the bag itself - however I can't see any pictures of the interior, only the very top of the inside. If there is damage/stains on the interior that can't be seen in the photos on the listing then the buyer would be eligible to file a SNAD. A few months ago I bought a bag which arrived with a sticky mess in one of the pockets. The seller didn't mention it in the listing or provide photographs, yet when I complained she said that there were photos of the interior on the listing. Unfortunately she elected to use pics with the pocket closed. That was just sneaky and dishonest. I chose not to return it because I felt I had still paid a good price and it was hard to find, so I just cleaned it myself.

None of this is an excuse for claiming the bag is fake, though. That's just stupid. I hope you get this cleared up.

The buyer's inability to form a complete sentence makes me doubt her credibility. Adding to the poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation, I would not side in her favor. However, I'm not an eBay customer service representative....

I just noticed on Carol's website that she had an out of state emergency but is back on line now. Hopefully, she will be able to help you.

Don't give up & don't cave and refund!

I think it is not a bad idea to ask the buyer send the bag back and you relist it on ebay again. But di not refund her until you get the bag from her with the same condition before. It is a leas risky plan then let ebay dicide. Honestly.

OP, any updates on this?

Hi everyone, sorry I was away for the weekend and thank you for your replies! I really appreciate each and every single one of them. So.. as expected, eBay sided with the buyer.

I couldn't get hold of Carol, I sent payment for authentication on the 3rd July and until now I haven't received anything :sad: so I couldn't even bring up a case to eBay.

Anyway, the buyer will be sending back the bag to me, and to be honest I'm a little afraid of bait and switch.. so I called up eBay and they said that I can lodge an appeals process if the bag is not returned to me in the same condition as it was sent.

I will definitely take your advice on hand and will take more pics of the FULL interior of the bag, rather than just lifting the flap up. In all honesty, there was no marks/stains inside though, that's why I didn't take a pic of it. But - I guess pics speak a thousand words and when I list the bag up for sale again, I'll be sure to include pics of the inside!

Apricot Summers - thanks for pointing that out to me! I didn't have any problems selling those shopping bags! I even had it on a 30 day buy it now option and some of them were up for 2 weeks before they were sold!

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place for me to post this. So after many years of selling without any problems of SNAD/authenticity problems, I finally had my first SNAD case opened against me :sad: I would appreciate any help and guidance as to how I should deal with this, as I know my items are 100% authentic!

First things first, here's the bag in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_3894wt_1398

The buyer emailed me this at first:

"this is different than you described. i know it is used bag. but there are three white marks inside of bag. most of all this is not authentic. material of bag is so strong and tough. i can'e even open it. also stitches are so poor. please let me return it. i am a lv bag lover. i know what is fake. the material is not a leather."

She opened an eBay SNAD dispute (not Paypal dispute) a few minutes later and said this:

"i just received the bag. i know it is an used bag. but there are so many scuffs and three white marks inside the bag which the seller did not mentioned. but most of all this is not authentic bag. reasons are as follows: 1. material of bag is too strong and too tough to open it. it is not a leather, 2. stitches are so poor, 3. dust bag is fake. this is not a bag the seller described on the listing. i want full refund."

This is my reply to her message:

"Hi there. I'm glad you have received the bag safely. The bag is 100% authentic, and I stand behind the authenticity of my items. As you can see from my feedback and the other items I am selling, I would NEVER own/sell fakes.

As per item description, the bag has been carried often, so some scuffs are normal. I understand you are upset, but it is VERY unfair for you to open a case with eBay without communicating with me first.

FYI since you said you are an LV lover, you should know that Louis Vuitton MONOGRAM is CANVAS, NOT leather:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Vuitton#Products
" In 1896, the company launched the signature Monogram Canvas and made the worldwide patents on it"

As I say again, the bag is 100% authentic. I can see that you are a good buyer, from your feedback. So if you are a genuine buyer and did NOT open this case because of a buyer's remorse, I can offer you 3 options:

1. Please bring it to LV for authentication
2. If you are uncomfortable with going in, I would advise you to authenticate the bag using My Poupette: http://www.mypoupette.com/authentications.php
3. I have taken the liberty to post the authenticity question myself on the Purse Forum:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...-read-rules-use-format-post-1-a-744068-2.html

I can also see you are not a seller, but I hope you understand that buying on eBay is not the same as buying from the store. I have been very honest with my item description and with posting as many pictures as possible, but there is also a chance that you might not like what you see, and it's really unfair to say that an item is fake because of that. You are more than welcome to resell if you don't like the style for some reason and I'm happy for you to use my description and pictures, but please don't open a case against me because of authenticity, as my bag is 100% authentic. I hope we can work together. Thank you."

And then I clicked on the eBay dispute page, chose "Escalate the case to eBay Customer Support", but what I read really freaked me out:

"You should only escalate if you have finished communicating directly with the buyer. By escalating this case, you are authorizing eBay Customer Support to make a final decision. You won't be able to act on this case once it has been escalated. To escalate, and have eBay make a decision on your case, fill out the form below and click Submit. This is the final action you can take on this case. We'll get back to you within 72 hours."

So I thought I'd ask for your advice. Can someone please advise me how I should proceed? Paypal has already frozen my funds :mad: My question is, if I "escalate" the matters to eBay, will they take my funds AND let the buyer keep the bag?? Thank you so much.

Call ebay first thing in the morn and tell them you escalated in error and would like to work with the buyer OR explain as you have here the situation to the phone representative. I feel so bad for you. It really is so unfair. Please know you will not lose your bag and your money. They buyer has to return the item to you with signature required and then they receive the refund. Do call ebay though, atleast you would have done all you can. Please let us know what has happened.
Unfortunately you will probably have to take the bag back and issue a refund including original shipping to buyer. Sadly you will likely be out the shipping cost to the buyer. GOOD LUCK we are all here supporting you!!:smile:

Call ebay first thing in the morn and tell them you escalated in error and would like to work with the buyer OR explain as you have here the situation to the phone representative. I feel so bad for you. It really is so unfair. Please know you will not lose your bag and your money. They buyer has to return the item to you with signature required and then they receive the refund. Do call ebay though, atleast you would have done all you can. Please let us know what has happened.
Unfortunately you will probably have to take the bag back and issue a refund including original shipping to buyer. Sadly you will likely be out the shipping cost to the buyer. GOOD LUCK we are all here supporting you!!:smile:

You should probably read the whole thread before replying. eBay sided with the buyer unfortunately.

Thanks so much everyone for your concern! I got my bag back from the buyer, who thankfully did not do a bait and switch. I ended up selling the bag successfully to a happy buyer, with BIN/BO for more than what the bag sold previously (ran on auction), so at least I got my postage costs covered!

Just an observation - I find that items sold with BIN/BO price tend to be more fuss free, compared to listing the auction at a low price. I think with a BIN/BO price, buyers have the chance and time to review the listing carefully, check authenticity, etc, whereas starting auctions at a low price tend to attract buyers who are after a bargain, and then deciding at the end of the day it was more than what they paid for and start a SNAD (or even worse, authenticity) claim against you!

Having this claim opened against me has negative repercussions though. eBay has placed selling restrictions on my account, based on authenticity issues. Even after I forwarded them Carol's report (she did reply my email eventually). And despite the fact that I have been selling authentic high end items successfully for the past 11 years! I hate eBay so much.

how rude some people are im sorry that you had to go through all of that drama,but at least you got the right bag back,i have learned a lot from your bad time,thank you for posting this :smile: (i just sold something and the seller said that they didnt like it and said they wanted to return it,and i told her i dont give refunds for something that you didnt end up wanting) i really think poeple should make sure that they really want something before they buy in stead of abusing the return system,good luck in the future i hope you dont get another drama queen

OP: I just finished working my way through the thread. Wow!
I just sold my Speedy 35 and was so frightened. I always tell people to do their research and provide the names of Carol and this forum. Whatever pieces I have, I think I am going to hold on to them. it is too stressful.
I am so glad that you found another buyer.

Thanks so much everyone for your concern! I got my bag back from the buyer, who thankfully did not do a bait and switch. I ended up selling the bag successfully to a happy buyer, with BIN/BO for more than what the bag sold previously (ran on auction), so at least I got my postage costs covered!

Just an observation - I find that items sold with BIN/BO price tend to be more fuss free, compared to listing the auction at a low price. I think with a BIN/BO price, buyers have the chance and time to review the listing carefully, check authenticity, etc, whereas starting auctions at a low price tend to attract buyers who are after a bargain, and then deciding at the end of the day it was more than what they paid for and start a SNAD (or even worse, authenticity) claim against you!
I'm glad it worked out OP. In all her notes she kept mentioning the two spots so it's clear that was her real issue.

I agree about BIN/BO. I'm not sure why sellers are so against it! I think they are hoping for a bidding war, but the problem is that many times those last minute snipers don't pay, or people are bidding just for the fun of bidding. I think it's worth the extra $$ to post BIN because you can require immediate payment and with BO you can pre-screen buyers. I always ask sellers about BIN price and most of them say no and end up having to re-list over and over because the auction winners don't pay.

Overall bonanza is much better than eBay and if you find a buyer on Craigslist having cash is even better.