Looking for good plastic surgeons in Seoul?

Hello Everyone,

Just wanna share my experience with this clinic I went to.

Currently I'm on my 4th day of post surgery. I got my nose (Septal cartilage, lengthening, silicone implant and alar base) and eyes (double eyelid) at ITEM Clinic.

Like most of you, I've actually considered going to BK and actually have met Dr Kim in person once. Even booked my consultation and ALMOST book my surgery. But I am really glad I met Elaine. She let me know about ITEM clinic and suggest I meet up with the doctors for consultation.

So I met Dr Kim Jinsung (Former BK plastic surgeon, now director of ITEM Clinic) who is specialized in doing face contouring and nose jobs. He speaks english so there is no communication breakdown. And I am really really comfortable with him and he isnt pushy. He suggested what should be done and what shouldnt be done. He is also very detailed and patient. Later on, I also met Dr Chung Woojin (Former BK plastic surgeon, now director of ITEM Clinic) who is specialized in eyes and facelifting. He too, speaks english and also there isnt any communication breakdown. I'm sure thats what most of us look for when most of us doesnt speak fluent korean. And it is VERY VERY important to let the doctors know what is your desired look. Dr Chung Woojin is also a very nice person. Honestly, I couldnt ask for more. Both doctors are really friendly and down to earth, you dont feel like they are doing "sales", they dont get pushy, they listen to your needs and explain everything that they can do and what they cant. And most importantly, they are sincere. You will know that they are not after your money.

As compared to the consultation I had with Dr Kim from BK and the two doctors from ITEM, I am extremely comfortable with both two doctors as compared to Dr Kim from BK. If you are looking for attentively, not pushy, truthful and detailed doctors, ITEM has got them.

When I reached ITEM clinic, the nurses were very welcoming. Even though they cant speak english/chinese fluently, they still try to help. Also, there's a nurse who knows how to speak chinese, so dont worry. Before I had my surgery, I met the doctors again and they explained to me what they will do to me again and ask if I have any questions or doubts. After my surgery I was ushered to the recovery room to rest until I am feeling better. The nurses kept coming in to check on me. And then I was told that I can go back to the hotel and rest. One of the nurses even followed me to the taxi and make sure I was alright which is very sweet of her.

I was told to go back to the clinic next day to clean up my wound, and the doctors came to see me. They showed their concern and told me when I can expect to have my cast and stitches removed and why am I experiencing some kind of discomfort breathing (due to my nose job). I never have a doubt about these doctors because even when I don't question them, they fill in almost every details they can to make sure you feel secure with them. I didnt enter the operating room with question marks in my mind which I am very glad about.

I went back to the clinic on my 3rd day to get my wounds cleaned up and funny thing was, I was at the subway and this ajumma approached me and asked me for directions and saw my eyes and she said its pretty. It still look swollen and a little bruised but I trust my doctors and I wont doubt her :P

I'm going to visit the clinic tomorrow again and honestly, I am really really really glad I made the right choice. I'm so happy I get to know Elaine. If not for her, I wont be able to have know about this clinic. Even my mom who have consulted with Dr Kim from BK and the two doctors from ITEM, she too felt that the other two doctors were more sincere and truthful.

PS: I DIDNT GET PAID TO WRITE THIS MUCH. THIS IS BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND THIS IS ALL COMING FROM MY HEART :smile:

www.itemclinic.com (LOOK AT ALL THE BEAUTIFUL AFTER PHOTOS!)
The website is in Korean, if you do not know where to see the photos. Go to the right hand side that reads "포토갤러리".

If you have any questions regarding the surgeries, email Elaine at [email protected]
B/a
Hi

I was interested in doing my nose maybe with ITEM

Can you share your b/a photos of yourself with me at [email protected]

Thanks

I've emailed a lot of different clinic and most are slow getting back to me but Grand was the fastest...next day I got a reply with quote. I've been asking all the clinic about doing Liposuction. So far ITEM's quote is the lowest and ID is the highest. I've also gotten replies from Banobagi, OZ and Wonjin. Waiting on Jewelry, Migo, 365MC, Real, ABC, Opera, Mirror, Dream, Korea Plastic Surgery, The Line and VIP. BK refuses to give me a quote until they see me.

As of now, I'm trying to decide between ITEM and Grand. Can anyone give me any advice about which clinic is better? Anyone have any reviews on Dr Chung Woo Jin from ITEM?

It's my first time going to Korea for ps. I'm planning my trip for November. Been suggested that winter is a better time to do Lipo cause of the compression garments that you have to wear after surgery.

I would appreciate any experience to share with me!!
Thank you!!!

1abBelle said:
Can anyone share their experience or knowledge about any of the following doctors for rhinoplasty? M looking for a good doctor for nose jobs.

Dr. Lee from VIP
Dr. Park from ID
Dr. Jung from Shimmian
Dr. Kim from BK

Thank you! :smile: Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I saw from other posts that BK dr shin and dr hong do great nose job.

hi dan4me congratz for ur new nose you look great!! :tup: u must be so happy! ^^
may i know if you got chin implant as well w dr hong?
- if yes what material (silicon, goretex, medpor etc) ?
- do u find if theres still stiff /ammount of swelling a bit ?
- and did Dr.Hong also use (titaninum?) screw kind as to fixation (to prevent any shifting n sagging in future etc) or just stitch aroudn it?
Many :ty: for your help!

Yup I had my nose surgery done by Dr.Hong at BK. :smile:
I had silicone for nose bridge, septal cartilage for nose tip, and hump removal.
It's been 3 months post op already.

hi dan4me congratz for ur new nose you look great!! :tup: u must be so happy! ^^
may i know if you got chin implant as well w dr hong?
- if yes what material (silicon, goretex, medpor etc) ?
- do u find if theres still stiff /ammount of swelling a bit ?
- and did Dr.Hong also use (titaninum?) screw kind as to fixation (to prevent any shifting n sagging in future etc) or just stitch aroudn it?
Many :ty: for your help!

Indeed. I had silicone implants to my chin. :smile:
Nope, it has been 3 months now and I have no swelling or stiff feeling now.
it lasted about 1 month though.
Yes, I had a titanium screw placed in for v-line surgery so there is no sagging or shifting so far. Will let you know later after 6 months though !! :biggrin:

dan4me, Thank you for reply! I also have had 3 times revisions chin implant by korean surgeon also, but still need another revision(s?). It's been a year already and I try to lived with it tough than keep whinning n regret cos it was my mistake~ i didnt do deep research enough before surgery, guess im just the unlucky one w korea lol.

chin's history
1. silicone (2.5 years) : shifted + bone resorption 2 mm (fixed with screw but well still can shifted after years)
2. silicone (2 months) : infection
3. My last implant medpor (1 year) : it didnt shift - even bonded with my bone VERY STRONG and feels hard like bone compared to silicone, unfortunately its size TOO Big for me , not blended smoothly with my anterior jaw line, capsular contracture n created kind of weird cleft in middle of my chin (see pic below) :nogood:

403250454.jpg

Do you think Dr Hong familiar with medpor implant removal? I sent them email 2 weeks ago but still no reply. some korea drs I contacted with, seems only interested to put it in when talk about medpor implant, but not with removal case later years :sad: I read that removing medpor can be tricky because of the tissue alowed to growth into it so it takes longer time to remove it and not all surgeon want handle it. so I just need to find surgeon that really familiar not just put in but also remove it with medpor.

my plan is replace it with genioplasty + revise my pre-maxillary implant. wish this would be my last revision for chin as we should really concern with the elasticity n fibrous scars tissue when many revision done (+ other possible soft tissue damaged complications). definitely no with same dr. I do not feel comfrtable to share this dr nor do my 4th revision with him again. So far drs that responded my case are taiwan drs. still deep researching tough. maybe will consider contact thai drs as well since i satisifed w my other procedures done at there.
decision decision decision ...

ic v-line procedure. No wonder your face look soo slim! I wonder why did you prefer implant rather than genioplasty ? cos v-line alone required bone cutting and sliding to the chin n mandible body right? far as i know this chin pieces also can be slided move forward together with v-line procedure before fixate with screw.. so implant no needed anymore
again thank you for your time to sharing dan! really appreciate it! :smile:

Indeed. I had silicone implants to my chin. :smile:
Nope, it has been 3 months now and I have no swelling or stiff feeling now.
it lasted about 1 month though.
Yes, I had a titanium screw placed in for v-line surgery so there is no sagging or shifting so far. Will let you know later after 6 months though !! :biggrin:

Yup I had my nose surgery done by Dr.Hong at BK. :smile:
I had silicone for nose bridge, septal cartilage for nose tip, and hump removal.
It's been 3 months post op already.

Hi dan4me,

This is a great result! Was both nose and v-line surgery done at the same time?
Did Dr. Hong at BK tell you he was going to place the titanium screw in for v-line?

How much did he say it cost for what you had done for your nose, how much was it for the v-line?

So many clinics doing great a great job so hard to choose!

dan4me, Thank you for reply! I also have had 3 times revisions chin implant by korean surgeon also, but still need another revision(s?). It's been a year already and I try to lived with it tough than keep whinning n regret cos it was my mistake~ i didnt do deep research enough before surgery, guess im just the unlucky one w korea lol.

chin's history
1. silicone (2.5 years) : shifted + bone resorption 2 mm (fixed with screw but well still can shifted after years)
3. My last implant medpor (1 year) : it didnt shift - even bonded with my bone VERY STRONG and feels hard like bone compared to silicone, unfortunately its size TOO Big for me , not blended smoothly with my anterior jaw line, capsular contracture n created kind of weird cleft in middle of my chin (see pic below) :nogood:

403250454.jpg

Do you think Dr Hong familiar with medpor implant removal? I sent them email 2 weeks ago but still no reply. some korea drs I contacted with, seems only interested to put it in when talk about medpor implant, but not with removal case later years :sad: I read that removing medpor can be tricky because of the tissue alowed to growth into it so it takes longer time to remove it and not all surgeon want handle it. so I just need to find surgeon that really familiar not just put in but also remove it with medpor.

my plan is replace it with genioplasty + revise my pre-maxillary implant. wish this would be my last revision for chin as we should really concern with the elasticity n fibrous scars tissue when many revision done (+ other possible soft tissue damaged complications). definitely no with same dr. I do not feel comfrtable to share this dr nor do my 4th revision with him again. So far drs that responded my case are taiwan drs. still deep researching tough. maybe will consider contact thai drs as well since i satisifed w my other procedures done at there.

ic v-line procedure. No wonder your face look soo slim! I wonder why did you prefer implant rather than genioplasty ? cos v-line alone required bone cutting and sliding to the chin n mandible body right? far as i know this chin pieces also can be slided move forward together with v-line procedure before fixate with screw.. so implant no needed anymore

Within purseforum search for the thread Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea, you will find a lot more postings and help in this thread that will help you

chin's history

403250454.jpg

3 revisions ? wow, that must be pretty difficult :sad:
I'm not sure if he performs medpor removal, but since he is specialized in facial contouring, I think there is a good chance that he can do a revision on you.
why don't you have a consultation with him ? it might me hard to just estimate for anyone to diagnose you over a picture or phone. Let me know how everything goes with you !

Hi dan4me,

This is a great result! Was both nose and v-line surgery done at the same time?
Did Dr. Hong at BK tell you he was going to place the titanium screw in for v-line?

How much did he say it cost for what you had done for your nose, how much was it for the v-line?

So many clinics doing great a great job so hard to choose!

Yup, I got nose, cheekbone, and v-line surgery all at the same time. He explained overall procedures well enough for me to understand. :smile:
nose was 4500USD (silicone for nose bridge + septal cartilage for tip + humpr removal) and v-line was 10000 USD (square juaw reduction + chin implant)

Dermis fats bridge augmentation

Hi Anyone in this forum done Dermis fats on nasal bridge augmentation? Is it smooth & contour? Or is there Any uneveness & lumpiness? Pls kindly share...thank u!

Rib Cartilage on Nasal Bridge

Hi dear members, since many of you did Rib cartilage may I know does
Rib cartilage give Curve Bridge or mostly thick & straight contour ?