Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone so amazed at all the goodies you guys have been finding. I hadn't posted on here because I didn't realize how ginormous my phone uploads the pics and I was too lazy to go through my pc. Anyway, I did find some goodies and thought I would share them with you guys.

Picked this scarf from Harrods for $2
Harrodsscarf.jpg

This Vera scarf also for $2
Verascarf.jpg

These Ann Taylor linen shorts with tags on for $2.95
Anntaylorshorts.jpg

Michael Stars bronze top for $2.95
Michaelstarstop.jpg

Juicy Couture tank for $2
Juicy.jpg

Isacc Mizrahi for Target top for $2
Isacctop.jpg

Blue lace top (tags were cut off) $2
Lace-1.jpg

United Colors of Benetton black parka for $5
Benetton.jpg

Bob Mackie brown zebra silk top $2
Bobmackie.jpg

I also found two Trina Turk tanks for $2, two Banana Republic blazers and an Ann Taylor blazer all for $4 ea. I just haven't taken pics of those yet :smile:

Wow they are all great finds. Love the Bennatton, Scarves and Shorts

Here is a little game.
How much would you pay for this second hand dress???
guinness-auction-mcqueen-silver-minidress.jpg

Do we get a little more info :graucho: I love the shape and fabric!

Here is a little game.
How much would you pay for this second hand dress???
guinness-auction-mcqueen-silver-minidress.jpg

You can always tell an original McQueen piece. And this is definitely an iconic McQueen. (As much as I love Sarah, she just doesn't bring the crazy.)

How much I would pay would depend on if it fits me, and what it looks like on. Also, if it is in wearable condition, and if I could create an occasion to wear it.

If it fits and looks amazing - $300 to $700. If I have an "status" place (a place where people actually care what I am wearing) to wear it - and it fits and looks amazing - $500 to $1000.
If it is badly worn, too tiny, over altered... between $100-200.

You can always tell an original McQueen piece. And this is definitely an iconic McQueen. (As much as I love Sarah, she just doesn't bring the crazy.)

How much I would pay would depend on if it fits me, and what it looks like on. Also, if it is in wearable condition, and if I could create an occasion to wear it.

If it fits and looks amazing - $300 to $700. If I have an "status" place (a place where people actually care what I am wearing) to wear it - and it fits and looks amazing - $500 to $1000.
Ditto :lol:

A really lot!!

Wow they are all great finds. Love the Bennatton, Scarves and Shorts

Do we get a little more info :graucho: I love the shape and fabric!

First of all i didn't buy it but i would love to meet the person who did :graucho:. and i can now tell you that the dress was bought for £79,250 ($123,472)

First of all i didn't buy it but i would love to meet the person who did :graucho:. and i can now tell you that the dress was bought for £79,250 ($123,472)

You see - part of my problem is that I do come across enough McQueen in the $50-400 range that I think the $120K range is a bit mad.

Perhaps if it was a one-of-a-kind. A student piece, or at the very least pre-Gucci. Signed. And it came with a note from Lee to Isabella Blow, explaining his original conception of the piece, his inspiration, and how much he cared for her. Preferably with good gossip in the middle lines that I didn't know before. Or a hint about how to tailor with built in corsets.

Which, I usually think are a terrible idea, because they seldom look good on people. Corsets should be custom.

You see - part of my problem is that I do come across enough McQueen in the $50-400 range that I think the $120K range is a bit mad.

Perhaps if it was a one-of-a-kind. A student piece, or at the very least pre-Gucci. Signed. And it came with a note from Lee to Isabella Blow, explaining his original conception of the piece, his inspiration, and how much he cared for her. Preferably with good gossip in the middle lines that I didn't know before. Or a hint about how to tailor with built in corsets.

Which, I usually think are a terrible idea, because they seldom look good on people. Corsets should be custom.

it really should :biggrin:
The dress is sort of one of a kind as four were made, this one, a black one, a black long sleeved one and one made from feathers, also another reason it probably went for so much money is because it belonged to Daphne Guinness
there was another McQueen dress that sold that i was also going to make you guess but i couldnt find a good enough picture of it, but that one sold for £85,250($132,820) and these shoes from Lee's final collection which sold for £15,000($23,415)
angel-heels-main_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.