Le Metier de Beaute lovers thread!

Finally! it came yesterday. I was like a kid at Christmas...I couldn't wait to use it this morning...I love it! On The Coast K-scope
DSC_0418-Copy.jpg

Congratulations, it looks lovely!!!!! You are going to have so much fun playing with this, enjoy :smile:!!!

pupeluv said:
Thank you!, I wore it yesterday and today....in a different way...I like experimenting/playing with the colors. Are you guys getting the Chauvet Pont d'Arc Kaleidoscope Eye Kit? or already have it?

I ordered it but NM Beverly Hills has yet to receive it. Are you getting it?

pupeluv said:
I decided to skip that one but Oak Street Beach looks interesting. I'd like to see some swatches first though....but by the time swatches are posted they are sold out.

I know. Sorry about that. I just came from Neiman's in Beverly Hills and the Chauvet Pont D'Arc Kaleidoscope is just gorgeous. If anybody needs swatches let me know I can post it tomorrow.

I know. Sorry about that. I just came from Neiman's in Beverly Hills and the Chauvet Pont D'Arc Kaleidoscope is just gorgeous. If anybody needs swatches let me know I can post it tomorrow.

Oh no, I didn't mean for you to post them....though that is very nice of you for offering....I mean just in general in the makeup blogging world. :smile:

Thank you for this, really appreciate your perspective! I just got the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer, and have to say that it's really fabulous - sheer, but covers what needs to be covered, while still letting your skin show through (as well as freckles, lol), and with a beautiful natural finish. Still, I am intrigued by PV, so I will be looking forward to what you think once you have switched to something else :smile:. Depending on your feedback, I may just pick PV up one I'm done with my Just Skin tube.

I still wonder though where the metallic sheen on my face came from that day?? I think I may just have to go back to the counter at some point, and have them apply PV only, without all the other stuff (bronzer, blush, etc.) - it was just too much, you couldn't see anymore what each individual product did, and kind of overwhelming for me, as I love make up but apply sparingly :P

On the other hand I also wanted to report back on the Refresh Brightening and Setting powder, as I haven't seen any mention of it here: it's fantastic!!!!! It actually provides a beautiful base to e/s, but more importantly for me, it does a wonderful job at setting under eye concealer, and at stopping eye liner from smudging into fine lines. I wear eyeliner on my waterline that I then smudge out a bit. But because I have quite watery eyes, it tends to "melt" a bit during the day. Yesterday, wearing the Refresh, I went home with my eyes looking exactly the same as when I left in the morning. Just wow!!!!

I also love my e/s (I got Corinthian), and I don't know if it's the Refresh that I used as base, or the e/s itself, but again, it's my first time ever where it hasn't bulged nor creased the whole day (I have hooded eyes). I'm very impressed.

I'm now plotting my next e/s purchase, and was wondering if you had any recommendations? I'm Caucasian with light to medium skin (yellow undertones), and green eyes - dark blond/light brown hair. I tend to like darker shades better than light ones (Corinthian is the lightest I've ever had, as I wanted to get a bit out of my comfort zone), and would love to add something that would look good on its own, but also mixed with Corinthian :P

Thank you :smile:!

I've been using the BB cream for a couple weeks now. I think I'll be going back to the PV. The BB creams aren't bad and they are definitely better priced, but the PV just has such a great finish! I still don't feel like the PV does anything to improve my skin, but it looks so natural! Thought you might like to know my thoughts =) I still think the BB creams are the next closest thing, but I miss my PV!

I've been using the BB cream for a couple weeks now. I think I'll be going back to the PV. The BB creams aren't bad and they are definitely better priced, but the PV just has such a great finish! I still don't feel like the PV does anything to improve my skin, but it looks so natural! Thought you might like to know my thoughts =) I still think the BB creams are the next closest thing, but I miss my PV!

Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know! I have to say that while I like the idea of BB creams, I haven't been a fan of any I've tried... Maybe I should give the PV another try, but I just looked so....metallic the first time the MUA tried it on me that it hasn't really motivated me to insist. Maybe he applied it too heavily? Your feedback though is really motivating :biggrin:

Thank you!, I wore it yesterday and today....in a different way...I like experimenting/playing with the colors. Are you guys getting the Chauvet Pont d'Arc Kaleidoscope Eye Kit? or already have it?

I have Chauvet, and I love its artistic inspiration. The final look feels somehow gritty and evocative at the same time.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

On my blog is a full breakdown of the look. I'm also wearing Ginger Lily Creme Fresh Tint on my cheeks.

photo.JPG