Decision question for fun! :)

Mar 27, 2009
I am flying out to my hometown tomorrow, and I am very excited that I will be spending a day in NYC. I would like to treat myself to a designer piece while visiting the flagship stores.
I don't have much money; my budget is limited to $1500 and I would like to buy something in rose gold.
Here is what I mulling over so far:
From Tiffany's I was considering something from the Elsa peretti line or a nice charm for my bracelet...
From Bulgari I was considering the zero pendant in rose gold.
From Cartier, I was considering a narrow Trinity ring, or sweet trinity necklace.
From VCA, I was considering something from the sweet line, like the sweet carnelian clover necklace.
Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it, i.e any workmanship issues, any wearability issues, positives or negatives!

Just FYI, but my Tiffany rose gold has faded. They polished it at no charge and told me that they could restore the original pink color, but it's really not the same. I love Tiffany, and they really do have excellent customer service, but the fading rose gold is an unfortunate issue. It's something you may want to consider.

hmm...tough choice....I'd say b.zero1 or something from Tiffany's.

The b.zero1 pendant is quite fun and charming, I love the spring action of the piece. I am not really a logo person, but I love the b.zero1 collection (hubby does too and he is an anti-label type guy!), Something about it is quite appealing. And I would definitely get a non-designer chain to go with it as you mentioned in the bulgari thread.

For Tiffany's - do you have any particular pieces in mind? For charms, I love the small Schlumberger eggs! I love a lot of Peretti's designs in gold: I like the Sevilla small pendant, the eternal circle thing (the one that looks like a stylized ouroboros), the apple, and I particularly like the lapis lazuli bean on a gold chain!

The small trinity ring and trinity necklace are nice...but a little underwhelming IMO. And don't you already have a few trinity rings already? I think it would be nice to get something new/different!

VCA sweet is cute, and I think it would look great layered with your other VCA necklace, esp. if you got the Carnelian, but I think I'd still prefer something from Tiffany's or the B.zero1!

Not everything the stores have is listed on their websites. You might find something special in Tiffany that is not online--rose gold or not. Also, don't forget, there's lots on 5th avenue that isn't one of those four stores -- you may find that special piece at Bergdorf's, Saks or somewhere else! Hope you have a great trip!

I'd stay away from the trinity ring, like someone said above, to me they are also "underwhelming". In my opinion the best rose gold is from cartier. I like the sweet VCA idea. But are you buying something bcuz you want to buy something from NYC for the sake of buying it from NYC? I ask bcuz it sounds like you're not 100% in love w any of these pieces- what piece can you not live with out? I'd consider maybe holding back and saving more for something you truly want? In this case if you do want to buy something id get the sweet or the Bulgari or look around at Tiffany's.

I would pick something from Tiffany and Company. It is the only store that you listed that originated in NYC.

Good point! I think of Paris when I think of "Flagship must-buy-something" visits (which I totally get by the way!!) for VCA and Cartier but Tiffany's for NYC all the way!! Do you have a DBTY yet?

As for the pieces themselves... what about the VCA perlee pendant in RG? Love the sweets too!

Just FYI, but my Tiffany rose gold has faded. They polished it at no charge and told me that they could restore the original pink color, but it's really not the same. I love Tiffany, and they really do have excellent customer service, but the fading rose gold is an unfortunate issue. It's something you may want to consider.

I will consider that for sure, thank you for reminding me!