Troubleshoot tPF Problems:

^^^ I always had the same problem posting pics from my Iphone, get the same error as laeticia

Nat, I am having the same issues, I am using IE for tpf (which I hate), tpf is not working for me on Chrome at all, constant network errors and I have to try several times refreshing and clearing cookies each time I post a reply, it is very frustrating..

Ok i'm having a problem that's a little confusing to explain but i'll try. I use tpf on my laptop and on my iphone. Normally, If i'm on my computer and i switch to my phone, it will still acknowledge which posts i've already read. So for example, the threads with the latest posts that are unread are highlighted bold. However, in the last few days, if i open a thread on my computer and switch to my iphone, it will still have the thread title bolded even though i've already read the last post on my computer. Is what i'm saying making sense? Also, you know when you click a thread directly under the subforum title that has the most recent post and it usually brings you to the page you last read? Well when i switch from my computer to my phone, it doesn't acknowledge that and brings me to the page i've already read...

Basically what i'm trying to say is that my latest activity seems to be lost between my phone and my computer. If i've read a new post on my computer, it won't acknowledge it on my phone. It's really frustrating because i get confused between what i've read/haven't read. This problem has only started happening a few days ago.

^ I've had a related problem with read/unread threads. When I go to a thread, and click on "View First Unread", the display goes to the first unread post of (I believe) the day, not the true first unread thread. Also, unvisited threads which used to be bold are now not bold.

ETA: I just saw a related thread addressing this issue - looking forward to seeing things back to normal soon. :smile:

Last edited:
^^^ I always had the same problem posting pics from my Iphone, get the same error as laeticia

Nat, I am having the same issues, I am using IE for tpf (which I hate), tpf is not working for me on Chrome at all, constant network errors and I have to try several times refreshing and clearing cookies each time I post a reply, it is very frustrating..

I'm sorry to hear that, Samia. Before today I had no issues on my iPad, but now the same thing is happening on my iPad as well. I mostly get blank pages when I click on a thread. I hope this post will get through.

All these issues make it close to impossible for me to read or post here. Oh well, must be some sort of a sign :amuse:

We are currently looking into a few issues related to file uploads and odd posting behavior. Here are few guidelines to follow when you encounter any error messages related to security tokens, posting or file uploads:

First empty your browser's cache and delete all cookies and other site and plug-in data (from the beginning). Then, prior to logging back into tPF, restart your browser. Alternatively, restart your cable / DSL modem. Also, see if the same issues occur on other browsers you have installed.

- Let me know what browser and operating system you use. It does not have to be exact, Chrome / Windows 7 is perfect as reported info.
- Paste into this thread the URL showing at the top of your browser, when you get an error message related to tokens, etc.
- If possible, include a screenshot of the above error message. If the upload image does not work, please let us know.

I created a temporary style called "Troubleshooting" that has no fancy design on it, just to help us identify easier the current issues. You can select it on the bottom of the page in the theme chooser.

Thanks!
Hello,
I have tried everything and I still cannot get photos to upload to my posts. I am running Safari on my Mac Book Pro Os 10.5.8. I emptied the browser's cache and deleted all the cookies, then I restarted my browser, and my cable / DSL modem. I also tried using Firefox. No Luck. What am I doing wrong? And I also couldn't upload photos even on my Ipad 2. It's me right?? Help!

laeticia said:
Anyone else having problems with the app? First I couldn't refresh pages, now it wont load at all!

Yep same here. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. But sometimes it works, sometimes I get white pages. Can't upload any pics either..

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum