Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lolots: Too funny! I am loving that slip, the lace is so sweet. I didn't know tassels were in, thanks for info. I love the black dress and yes, please wear black; yellow will make you look like a bumble bee. I like your patriotic earrings. Isn't it wonderful when you find something special for a holiday! The little cheese forks will come in handy, they are great.

Oh yes! A huge tassel trend, I see it on the runways and also in the magazines. I get so so many magazines, most incredibly inexpensively or free! I always do those surveys for free magazines. My answers to the essay sections always make me laugh! I'm self-entertaining.

But also on trend is scarves and anything silk with a scarf print! Or tapestry!

We have to keep each other in style! :biggrin:

LOL at the bumble bee thing! HA! I strive to not look like an insect! I'm excited about the 4th!

I love your roses!

The Eden roses are doing so well this year that I have 13 buds on a stem!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
url
[/URL]
[/FONT]

The Roses ... Edens ... They are now 10 years old, mature and they get some of the water from the run off in my washer. We have set it up so my clothing washer runs off thru gravel to irrigate the roses and tomatoes ... I use organic detergents. And it's obviously working very very well!

I give everyone who comes over a rose bouquet! Leaving with flowers in now a requirement ... I try to save coffee cans and cheap vases ...

shoesdollarfifty007.jpg

Teeth!? Noooo! Nothing with teeth! That is just too awful! I can't even imagine.
The slip and dress are gorgeous! I would love to see the dress with a pink slip underneath.

How funny that someone gave away the mug with pictures in it. That is sad, just sad, those people should be ashamed of themselves! I hope you go back and get it.

I will send you good luck vibes since I want to see what you find!

Teeth! horrifying. I was horrified. The old sweet woman and I said, "I didn't touch it ... did you?" "No but I can close. Now I may vomit ..." So gross ... wish I had had my camera ...

I will try pink! I am not suffering from a slip shortage. Some of my full slips need hemming. Most all have beautiful lace. I collected the rayon ones for a time ... I think I have always collected slips. They are great to lounge in, sleep in. They can be more beautiful than a dress!

I will go back and get the mug. Poor mug, I wonder how that happened! Divorce? Death? Decluttering? Accident? Vengeance? So many questions! Thrift is fascinating cause humans are interesting ..

I love your outfits! Jealous your finds! :graucho:

Anne, you make me jealous sometimes! I'm always jealous of your finds!

picture1fqp.png

I snagged this cropped Vince leather jacket at Thrift Town for $13. I used the gift card I won by wearing sending them a pic of my secondhand prom dress!

dscf4047k.jpg

My $4 Gucci scarf paired with my $6.99 YSL jacket. The scarf still had the Saks tag still attached (with the price part taken off)! I got the scarf from Thrift Town and the YSL from Goodwill. The coat has a stand collar and a great military look.

n1063590290_30276249_2739271.jpg

Vintage Versace sunglasses for $20 and possibly the most amazing coat I've ever bought, a $30 Bullock's of Pasadena swing coat. I have never bought a coat with buttons sewn on so well. They're all still intact, too!

My best deal would perhaps be my vintage Gianni Versace Couture dress. The summer before my senior year started, I really got into shopping at thrift and consignment stores. I'd lost my job and was mostly worried about finding a graduation dress. My parents said time and time again that I didn't need to be hunting for a secondhand dress and that they'd pay for it, but I wanted to have a little bit of a challenge. It all happened one day when I was supposed to be goign to the grocery store. Thrift town is JUST down the street, so I figured I'd pop in to see what they had. On the better clothing rack, these two little false pockets caught my eye. I followed the line of the dress up, up to the tag.
I think my mouth dropped open at this point. I could not believe that somehow, this beautiful dress got sent my way. I checked the lining, the seams, everything. It was meant to be, except the tag read $40 and I had around $30. I took it into the dressing room and tried it on. I knew it had to be mine, but I didn't have the money. And then I remembered that I hadn't checked the color tag of the day. Sure enough, the price tag on the dress matched the 1/2 sale tag color of the day! I happily paid for it and went home. I had an empty stomach, but hey, it's not every day you find something like that! When my mom got home from work that day, I told her I bought a graduation dress. Now, she loves Thrift Town, but most of the dresses there tend to be a little... dated. Her jaw dropped as wide as mine when she saw it! It was a long, torturous wait to wear that gorgeous dress. I purchased it August 1 2008 and wore it to my high school graduation about TEN months later!
362112181618cb070a8d.jpg

My WOC covers up the false pockets, but you can see the button in my avatar!

Oh yes! A huge tassel trend, I see it on the runways and also in the magazines. I get so so many magazines, most incredibly inexpensively or free! I always do those surveys for free magazines. My answers to the essay sections always make me laugh! I'm self-entertaining.

LOL at the bumble bee thing! HA! I strive to not look like an insect! I'm excited about the 4th!

url
[/URL]

The Roses ... Edens ... They are now 10 years old, mature and they get some of the water from the run off in my washer. We have set it up so my clothing washer runs off thru gravel to irrigate the roses and tomatoes ... I use organic detergents. And it's obviously working very very well!

I give everyone who comes over a rose bouquet! Leaving with flowers in now a requirement ... I try to save coffee cans and cheap vases ...

shoesdollarfifty007.jpg

Teeth! horrifying. I was horrified. The old sweet woman and I said, "I didn't touch it ... did you?" "No but I can close. Now I may vomit ..." So gross ... wish I had had my camera ...

I will try pink! I am not suffering from a slip shortage. Some of my full slips need hemming. Most all have beautiful lace. I collected the rayon ones for a time ... I think I have always collected slips. They are great to lounge in, sleep in. They can be more beautiful than a dress!

I will go back and get the mug. Poor mug, I wonder how that happened! Divorce? Death? Decluttering? Accident? Vengeance? So many questions! Thrift is fascinating cause humans are interesting ..

Your roses are so beautiful. I have a plant and it's all eaten up by aphids.

url
[/URL]
[/FONT]

shoesdollarfifty007.jpg

Your roses are beautiful! I meant to comment on them before, but I forgot. Oops.

Slips are so wonderful. I have bought a bunch of them lately to wear with different dresses. It seems so weird to buy slips, especially since they are impossible to find around here.

I would love to know the story behind the mug. It's always interesting if you think about where the stuff came from and why they got rid of it. That's one of the reason I love yard/garage sales. You can ask. :biggrin: Although often they don't even know anything about the stuff they are selling.

My Goodwill finds from yesterday.
IMAG0632.jpg

That's it, two pairs of shoes. My SIL was getting impatient. They were brand new with the tags! I paid $5 each for them which is a bit much for cheapie me, but I almost bought the gold pair last week at Target for $12. I had to have them!

And my MIL gave me these purses, not sure what I am going to do with them. I can't pass up free stuff. Maybe that is why I'm a hoarder?
IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

They need cleaned up a little, haven't gotten that far yet.

i went to one of my favorite thrift stores for "black friday" early this morning. I purchased some china earlier this week, and went back to retrieve the rest! Everything in the store was 40% off....so there were some fabulous bargains to be found! My favorite find is this tiny ferragamo bag/belt. It was $1.99, but 40% off was $1.20. I love it! So a pic of my purse and my china....
that's insane! 1.20!!!!!

One last Grand Rapids thrifting experience! My exboyfriend took me out for a night of salvation army and goodwill shopping (my car is already en route to California). He sure knows a way to a girl's heart!

I found a couple last second treasures I can pack before the movers get here tomorrow. Excuse the awful quality pictures, I may need to retake these once my mannequin is unpacked!

HALSTON silk lined wool blazer, $3.99

Cool Apara Paris blazer and silk top, $6.99 as a set

Strenesse jacket, a perfect match for the skirt I got last week! $1.99

Ports blazer!!!! I LOVE this!! $3.99

One more Kate Spade Sam bag, $6.99
What a great "last hoorah" shopping trip!!

url
[/URL]
[/FONT]

Your roses are beautiful! And that slip is just so wonderfully made. I need to start looking through slips and such during my visits.

IMAG0632.jpg

That's it, two pairs of shoes. My SIL was getting impatient. They were brand new with the tags! I paid $5 each for them which is a bit much for cheapie me, but I almost bought the gold pair last week at Target for $12. I had to have them!

And my MIL gave me these purses, not sure what I am going to do with them. I can't pass up free stuff. Maybe that is why I'm a hoarder?
IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

Free stuff is awesome! Esp if they are just so cute!!

My Gucci Guilty empty perfume bottle:
img00099201206221731.jpg
That bottle is still as pretty as it would be full!

Today I got a Tai bracelet for $4. Similar styles are selling for $65 at Neimans.

How awesome!!

What a great trip. And pony teeth?! What kind of witchcraft is that? Yucko. I've had a good run lately. Today I indulged my secret desire for cowboy boots. I picked up this pair by Dan Post. They originally had leather soles and they are oh so dreamy. Id had yet to find a pair of cowboy boots that fit me and I wanted leather and not suede. these are gorgeous! I love the rich color of the lizard on these! I spent $40 after using my filled up punch card to take $10 off. Expensive at the thrift store for me but considering these were $250-$300 I'll let it slide. I definitely need more boots in my wardrobe!

Attachments

• image-3934846614.jpg
    image-3934846614.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 309
Bellodgia Caron empty small bottle 95¢
Canvass bag $5 HA HA HA
Bamboo crystal skull sandals $8
Dedham Pottery Shed cat $3

Haha, love that canvas bag! The crystal skull sandals are pretty neat too.

Ok so I bought these bags for $5 each. It was as though they were waiting on me. The pictures do not do them justice. Once again, the New York designer is Martin van Schaak.
IMG_20120621_194742.jpg

This one is suede.
IMG_20120621_191515-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_191837-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_194325-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_194427-1.jpg

This one is a Braccialini/Saks Fifth Avenue Italian handbag
IMG_20120621_194820-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_194857-1.jpg

another Italian handbag, Casadei
IMG_20120621_194654-1.jpg

Sorry about all of the pics, I was just so excited. It's getting harder and harder to find vintage bags.
Oh and sorry they are so large.

Those are so classy!

I was at this same thrift store last week and they had a necklace that had TEETH ... pony teeth on it ... I almost threw up! Then I showed the Grandma aged lady and she almost threw up. Good times.

Anyhow today was better ... no failure ... no sushi magnets ...

dress004.jpg

This is a half slip by Dior ...
dress005.jpg

Made of the softest soft cotton! I snatched it up the moment I saw the white on white Dior embroidery! So thrilling! $1.50. The lace on this is nothing to sneeze about ... amazing quality

dress015.jpg

This brand is sold at Anthropology ... for over one millioooonnn dollahsssss!
dress044.jpg

I Love it ... and I was not 110% sure on it til I got it home ... I like to pay less than $6 for a dress my friends ... this is how infected with the thrift bug I am. I almost left it there ... of course then I would be thinking about it and have to go back at opening to buy it!

Who does that!? I do ... again and again and again ... does anyone else in here?

dress045.jpg

The lace is see thru ... the bust has a solid panel though ... not too French!

I may wear one of my very colorful slips under it. Red, yellow, pink ... those all come to mind ...

black of course would be an obvious choice ..
dress047.jpg

Some jewelry ...

dress007.jpg

Golden chains with faux pearls and a tassel ... the tassels are so "in style" right now ...

dress010.jpg

But the main reason I laid down my $3.50 was the texture of the chain. Can you see how each link is super textured and the yellow gold is kind of matte? This is beautiful old costume quality! Happy! This is my main thrift store I think because it's close enough to walk to and it is near the grocery store. I find that I can find decent jewelry if I just check it a few times a week. They constantly put out new things and I went thru a super dry period! Not an earring as far as my one good eye could see!

dress013.jpg

*sings* Hoo Are You? Hoo Hoo, Hoo Hoo! I really wanna know! $3 Owl Necklace!

fleur001.jpg

Pewter Vase $5 .. thrifted

Eden Roses .. huge vases of Eden Roses all over the house!
fleur005.jpg

fleur010.jpg

$1 metal stretchy bracelet that has lost its stretch ... I have to restring it ... But I love it ... I had to buy it

fleur012.jpg

Milky vintage rhinestone earrings ... $3 ... I bought some like this not long ago ... So pretty

fleur014.jpg

$2 Clip on red white and blue! I have a party to go to on July 2nd! And these will be my earrings ...

fleur030.jpg

Sarah Coventry mark ... not sure how old these are ...

fleur023.jpg

Ok these are chandelier earrings that I saw on Clothes Encounters (you tube addiction) and these were NOT thrifted but they were on sale for only $5 and I had free shipping!

That slip is such a great find! That bow detail is precious.

Ten cent mugs...I never buy mugs, but I would take a look for that price!

IMAG0632.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

My Gucci Guilty empty perfume bottle:
img00099201206221731.jpg

Great find on the shoes! I would be hesitant to spend $5 on used shoes too, but I have no problems when they're brand new :graucho:.

What a great trip. And pony teeth?! What kind of witchcraft is that? Yucko. I've had a good run lately. Today I indulged my secret desire for cowboy boots. I picked up this pair by Dan Post. They originally had leather soles and they are oh so dreamy. Id had yet to find a pair of cowboy boots that fit me and I wanted leather and not suede. these are gorgeous! I love the rich color of the lizard on these! I spent $40 after using my filled up punch card to take $10 off. Expensive at the thrift store for me but considering these were $250-$300 I'll let it slide. I definitely need more boots in my wardrobe!

Wow, those look like amazing quality! I don't normally care for cowboy boots but those are something else.

IMAG0632.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

I love your shoes and don't worry about hoarding. Just make certain you can get out of the house and back in.:lolots:

Status
Not open for further replies.