the Angelina Jolie thread

They do, I got it. . .
Ang by nature isn't giggly or doesn't come across as silly or whimsy, etc. . . so for the public, it's a believable role for her. Doesn't mean people thinks she's an evil ice queen, lol!
But she's not Reese or Jen A and vice versa. Jen wouldn't be believable in a role where she was so sculpted and specific, she's been typecast as funny and romantic.
For people to believe Ang was flirty, flinging her hair and romantic would be a tough sell for a lot of people.

Yes. This is what i was trying to say.

:tup::tup::tup:

Angelina Jolie Donates $100,000 on World Refugee Day 2012

Angelina Jolie marked World Refugee Day 2012 (June 20) with a new donation of $100,000 for the U.N.’s work in helping Syrian refugees.

“Unfortunately, the world is producing displaced people faster than it is producing solutions to displacement. And the solutions are not exclusively humanitarian – they are also political,” the 37-year-old actress said in a statement.

“The international community should rededicate itself to preventing conflict, addressing it when it erupts, and solving it more quickly,” she added, “for that is the only way to create durable solutions for the refugees whose strength inspires us on this World Refugee Day.”

Click inside to read the UNHCR Special Envoy’s full message…

PLACE: Geneva
DATE: 20 June 2012

Message from UNHCR Special Envoy Angelina Jolie on World Refugee Day 2012

UNHCR believes even 1 person forced to flee is too many. And it’s true. Every individual refugee matters. Each has their own story. Each has suffered and survived more than I could ever bear. And yet, they rise up to live another day.

We risk forgetting the individual when we speak in numbers, but the numbers tell an important story. In the past year 4.3 million people have become displaced. There are still 2.7 million refugees from Afghanistan. 12 million people are stateless. And for the fifth consecutive year the number of forcibly displaced people worldwide exceeded 42 million.

Sadly, a person who becomes a refugee is likely to remain one for many years – often stuck in a camp or living precariously in the city of a developing nation. 70 per cent of refugees under UNHCR’s protection have been in this situation for more than five years. Their safety and well-being depend on the continued generosity of those countries who have kept their borders open to refugees, and on the vital efforts to deliver humanitarian assistance wherever and whenever it is necessary.

Unfortunately, the world is producing displaced people faster than it is producing solutions to displacement. And the solutions are not exclusively humanitarian – they are also political. The international community should rededicate itself to preventing conflict, addressing it when it erupts, and solving it more quickly, for that is the only way to create durable solutions for the refugees whose strength inspires us on this World Refugee Day.

Angelina Jolie, 20th June 2012

Source: JustJared

I guess I just don't buy that actors should let typecasting get in their way. Like, if they're serious about it, then they wouldn't just settle for being the romcom chick or the bad *** chick. Which is why I can believe, say, Uma Thurman in a romantic comedy (The Truth About Cats and Dogs, Prime) and as a bad *** (Kill Bill).

On the other hand, if an actor is content in his or her typecast (and the checks that it brings), then ah well. :shrugs:

I guess I just don't buy that actors should let typecasting get in their way. Like, if they're serious about it, then they wouldn't just settle for being the romcom chick or the bad *** chick. Which is why I can believe, say, Uma Thurman in a romantic comedy (The Truth About Cats and Dogs, Prime) and as a bad *** (Kill Bill).

On the other hand, if an actor is content in his or her typecast (and the checks that it brings), then ah well. :shrugs:

I usually nod my head along to every single post you make, and this one is no exception, lol.
And to the bolded - Julia Roberts, anyone? :P She's really typecast and seems to stick to those roles too with just a couple of exceptions. I love how Angie isn't typecast and does a variety, but her forte seems to be the strong, action based roles.

Oh I TOTALLY agree!! They shouldn't let it. But they do :smile:
Notice how AJ is never in a romantic comedy? Or a scary movie?
And how Jen is never a bad a$$ or a super hero?

Most actors/actresses clearly have preference or strengths. I wish they didn't choose such typecast roles.

Lol...i love how sensitive people get over her. I wasn't insinuating that she's somehow an evil queen in real life...

I meant her acting style is perfect this role. She's an amazing actress and she's really good at playing these types of roles that require a lot of dominance, power, emotion, etc. Obviously someone like Jennifer Aniston would not be perfect for a role like this...

Its true^. I think she's gorgeous and a great actress. I do not get the appeal beyond that, even charity work considered her personality does not appeal to me whatsoever.

I usually nod my head along to every single post you make, and this one is no exception, lol.
And to the bolded - Julia Roberts, anyone? :P She's really typecast and seems to stick to those roles too with just a couple of exceptions. I love how Angie isn't typecast and does a variety, but her forte seems to be the strong, action based roles.
Thanks! :flowers:

Oh I TOTALLY agree!! They shouldn't let it. But they do :smile:
Notice how AJ is never in a romantic comedy? Or a scary movie?
And how Jen is never a bad a$$ or a super hero?

Most actors/actresses clearly have preference or strengths. I wish they didn't choose such typecast roles.
True. But I guess in the end it doesn't matter all that much because their pocketbooks aren't suffering from the choice.