the Angelina Jolie thread

She is the perfect person to play an evil queen. She has the look, the attitude, everything. I couldn't think of anyone better to play this role.
This reminds me of back in the day when I used to watch soap operas (I was in my very early 20s then), and some of the soap opera message boards were a treat to visit. Some people would think that the actor they saw on TV was actually the character. So, if they couldn't stand a character, somehow those feelings would extend to the actor. Except in this case, the mere existence of a character (the Evil QUeen) must mean that the actor (Angelina) is that way, too. Funny! :lolots:

She is the perfect person to play an evil queen. She has the look, the attitude, everything. I couldn't think of anyone better to play this role.

She's pretty much the EXACT opposite of an Evil Queen. She does loads of charity work, gives millions of dollars away every single year, tries to keep a low profile without always having to be showy and she has six children she seems to love with all her heart and take care of amazingly well ;)

She's pretty much the EXACT opposite of an Evil Queen. She does loads of charity work, gives millions of dollars away every single year, tries to keep a low profile without always having to be showy and she has six children she seems to love with all her heart and take care of amazingly well ;)

She has an amazing heart, but she is able to look cold as ice and hard as a rock when she wants to.

she is an amazing artist. She can totally rock it.

I just want to know if she will beat charlize in the evil queen . She was an AMAZING evil queen. ( I know it's different stories)

This reminds me of back in the day when I used to watch soap operas (I was in my very early 20s then), and some of the soap opera message boards were a treat to visit. Some people would think that the actor they saw on TV was actually the character. So, if they couldn't stand a character, somehow those feelings would extend to the actor. Except in this case, the mere existence of a character (the Evil QUeen) must mean that the actor (Angelina) is that way, too. Funny!

Lol...i love how sensitive people get over her. I wasn't insinuating that she's somehow an evil queen in real life...

I meant her acting style is perfect this role. She's an amazing actress and she's really good at playing these types of roles that require a lot of dominance, power, emotion, etc. Obviously someone like Jennifer Aniston would not be perfect for a role like this...

Who's sensitive? Your comment was funny because it didin't seem to understand that an actor or an actress, regardless of how they come across in interviews, or how they look in pap pictures or photo spreads, etc., should be able to deliver in any role whether it's Evil Queen, Suburban Mom, Hooker with a Heart of Gold, or Superhero. If an actor can't do that, then he or she may not be all that talented.

Who's sensitive? Your comment was funny because it didin't seem to understand that an actor or an actress, regardless of how they come across in interviews, or how they look in pap pictures or photo spreads, etc., should be able to deliver in any role whether it's Evil Queen, Suburban Mom, Hooker with a Heart of Gold, or Superhero. If an actor can't do that, then he or she may not be all that talented.

I'm not sure whether it has to do with "acting style", but Angelina has a more angular face than, for example, Aniston.. I think facial features also play a part here.

They do, I got it. . .
Ang by nature isn't giggly or doesn't come across as silly or whimsy, etc. . . so for the public, it's a believable role for her. Doesn't mean people thinks she's an evil ice queen, lol!
But she's not Reese or Jen A and vice versa. Jen wouldn't be believable in a role where she was so sculpted and specific, she's been typecast as funny and romantic.
For people to believe Ang was flirty, flinging her hair and romantic would be a tough sell for a lot of people.