Questions from a BV Newby

Luv2Shop1

California Dreaming
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
After lurking in this forum for a long time, I am finally going to take the plunge and buy my first BV this week! I am going to buy the Medium Veneta in Nero!

True to tPF form, as I buy my first BV I am already plotting my next purchases--and trying not to overpay for them to boot! :graucho:

Here's what I'm wondering:

When items go to the outlet, is it usually seasonal colors?

Are there any styles that will never go to the outlet?

How often does BV typically have price increases--once a year, twice a year?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Usually, only the seasonal colors end up in the outlets. To my knowledge, the cabat and knot are the only styles that never end up at the outlets.

Welcome to the BV family!

Thanks for the response! :biggrin:

I will have to check out the BV outlet...in all the years I've shopped Cabazon / Desert Hills I've never gone into the BV store.

only seasonal colors or discontinued styles in Icon colors end up in the outlet
the style of the bag does not matter if it is a seasonal color
some seasonal colors are held over until the next year
The Cabat and The Knot bag never end up in the outlet
I don't ever remember a knot bag going on sale
the cabat never goes on sale
its hard to say how often BV has price increases. Everything is going up have you checked the price of bread lately?
welcome to BV

only seasonal colors or discontinued styles in Icon colors end up in the outlet
the style of the bag does not matter if it is a seasonal color
some seasonal colors are held over until the next year
The Cabat and The Knot bag never end up in the outlet
I don't ever remember a knot bag going on sale
the cabat never goes on sale
its hard to say how often BV has price increases. Everything is going up have you checked the price of bread lately?
welcome to BV

Thanks for the reply!

I asked about price increases because the SA made a point to tell me they were expecting one soon...so I was just curious how often they typically occurred.

:P

SA didnt mention anything about price increase when I went in today.

She mentioned that if one got the classic colours, u cld send ur bag in for leather cleaning (or something like that), which is something that cannot be done if u bought a seasonal colour. is this true?...it sounds rather strange to me

She mentioned that if one got the classic colours, u cld send ur bag in for leather cleaning (or something like that), which is something that cannot be done if u bought a seasonal colour. is this true?...it sounds rather strange to me
That sounds strange ... I've never had BV clean or a repair a bag, but I recently spoke with a fantastically knowledgable SA in Carmel, CA. He told me about an orange montaigne that they sent for a "clean-up" with excellent results. I love knowing that they can work wonders on a bag ~ making for a safer investment :smile:

I was an SA with BV and have never heard of that
the policy is that if anything goes wrong with your bag they will fix or replace within a year of purchase. That does not mean that if you spill lotion in your bag they will clean it for free. It also does not mean that if you get your bag dirty that they will clean it.
I have no idea what that SA was talking about. I would think that the same policy would apply to all merchandise seasonal or Icon.

Luv2Shop1 - A Nero Veneta is a great choice. I really like Nero Napa bags. Nero is not ordinary at all, it has a subtle sheen that is really attractive. And Veneta is so comfortable. Congratulations and enjoy your new bag.

Luv2Shop1 - A Nero Veneta is a great choice. I really like Nero Napa bags. Nero is not ordinary at all, it has a subtle sheen that is really attractive. And Veneta is so comfortable. Congratulations and enjoy your new bag.

Thank jburgh! I am going to pick it up tomorrow...very exciting! ;)

Congrats on the upcoming BV.

I am relatively new to BV (had admired it for years but only acquired my first one last August). I answered your questions privately based on the knowledge I have learned here and I am pleased to report, I knew the answers!

Do post pics! I have only recently learnt how the BV Nero , like what jburgh said, isn't really like black at all due to its amazing sheen.. Great choice! I'm hankering for a medium veneta for a more dressy look

Congrats on the upcoming BV.

I am relatively new to BV (had admired it for years but only acquired my first one last August). I answered your questions privately based on the knowledge I have learned here and I am pleased to report, I knew the answers!

Thanks Grietje! And, thanks for sharing your BV knowledge!

I remember seeing your posts & pictures in the YSL forum regarding the Easy bags--your avatar is very memorable! :P

Do post pics! I have only recently learnt how the BV Nero , like what jburgh said, isn't really like black at all due to its amazing sheen.. Great choice! I'm hankering for a medium veneta for a more dressy look

Thanks Slang27! I tried it on over the weekend at the BV boutique and it is beautiful!

I am buying to wear to work primarily...in my short time in the BV forum, though, I can already tell it won't be my last BV! I am already looking for some color--BV has released such an amazing array of blues I am sure one in Med or Large will find it's way to my closet soon enough!:graucho: