New Kooba Fakes on Ebay Fall 06/Spring 06

at the risk of sounding stupid...HOW DO YOU KNOW? I could totally be fooled, but then again, I don't own a kooba (yet, I should get mine delivered tomorrow)

Please educate me:confused1:

No def not stupid, it's from a variety of things. The leather is a BIG tell plus if the tags don't match up for the season or if the proportion is wrong. Plus the Mia, was never even released in Black..that's a biggie.

Wow, I would've totally thought the Lena was authentic. The Brynne looks fake to me since I have it in Black, and the leather does not look like that at all. Koobalover, can you give us more tips on spotting fakes?

Wow, I would've totally thought the Lena was authentic. The Brynne looks fake to me since I have it in Black, and the leather does not look like that at all. Koobalover, can you give us more tips on spotting fakes?

I'm thinking that Lena is real also. Nothing tells me it isn't. I can't see the string that is attaching the tag real well but I had a Lena in bark and it looked exactly like this bag.

Yep, it didn't take long for them to be selling those lovely fake Paiges. It was pretty darn soon after they originally came out on Kooba.

Here is a Kooba Jillian in black, up on Ebay, that I would NOT bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180099583903&rd=1&rd=1

I do not know if Jillians are faked yet but something is amiss with this auction. She is showing photos with the watermark of Hautechick, and she is NOT her. Hautechick is now aware of this theft of her photos.

Has anyone seen knock offs of the Jillian yet? I see the fake Adas all the time.

That Lena does look authentic to me. I have one in that same color. I bought it at Saks so I know it's authentic.

What tipped you off to it being fake?

The others looked iffy to me, too.

OK, I went back for a closer look. There seems to be something just slightly different in the way the straps lie across the bag and the body of the bag looks just a bit shorter in height than my Lena.

Do you see the same things, or is it just me?

:confused1:

Here is a Kooba Jillian in black, up on Ebay, that I would NOT bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180099583903&rd=1&rd=1

I do not know if Jillians are faked yet but something is amiss with this auction. She is showing photos with the watermark of Hautechick, and she is NOT her. Hautechick is now aware of this theft of her photos.

Has anyone seen knock offs of the Jillian yet? I see the fake Adas all the time.

Good for you for alerting Hautechick1. I personally have never seen a fake Jillian but I never really looked. Lots of Ada's like you said though. Who knows what this seller is selling...if anything at all.

OK, I went back for a closer look. There seems to be something just slightly different in the way the straps lie across the bag and the body of the bag looks just a bit shorter in height than my Lena.

Do you see the same things, or is it just me?

:confused1:

Proportionally it does look shorter but I have pics of my bags that are skewed like that. It's the angle you take it from or the camera itself. I took 20 pics of my Brooklyn bag because it kept coming out looking like a Midget Brooklyn. :smile: