Nikki Help

MolMol said:
I used to only wear Mini Nikkis but sold them all to buy regular. They are more comfortable

Good to know. Comfort is important to me in a shoulder bag. I carry satchels most of the time but when I do carry a shoulder bag it's generally I time I expect to be "hands free" and if it's strap slips or it's rough on the shoulder it generally doesn't end up working out for me.

I had a mini nikki and now I have a regular nikki. The reason I sold my mini was because of the leather itself. It was stiffer and didin't slouch well, which made it uncomfortable to carry. I'm not sure if all minis are that way or just he leather on the one I had. It was a nice size though. Probably holds a little bit less than a MAM, but I never fill my MAMs so it worked out for me size wise.

The nikki I have is really smooshy, so it doesn't always look as big as it is. I do like to put a purse organizer in it though or I would never find anything. If the Nikki came in the MN in the leather I have, I probably would've tried it, but I don't absolutely love huge bags. I have a mini Rikki, which is the same size as the mini nikki and it has more slouchy leather and is great. So I think it really depends on the leather.

Full size Nikki pic. I'm 5'7

photo-18.jpg
photo-17.jpg

Mini Nikki - see how this leather looks stiffer.

ebaypurses387-1.jpg

Mini Rikki is the same size, but this one has much better leather. I think the trick is to figure out which size you love more and then seach for a good leather.

photo-109-1.jpg

I had a mini nikki and now I have a regular nikki. The reason I sold my mini was because of the leather itself. It was stiffer and didin't slouch well, which made it uncomfortable to carry. I'm not sure if all minis are that way or just he leather on the one I had. It was a nice size though. Probably holds a little bit less than a MAM, but I never fill my MAMs so it worked out for me size wise.

The nikki I have is really smooshy, so it doesn't always look as big as it is. I do like to put a purse organizer in it though or I would never find anything. If the Nikki came in the MN in the leather I have, I probably would've tried it, but I don't absolutely love huge bags. I have a mini Rikki, which is the same size as the mini nikki and it has more slouchy leather and is great. So I think it really depends on the leather.

Full size Nikki pic. I'm 5'7

photo-18.jpg
photo-17.jpg

Mini Nikki - see how this leather looks stiffer.

ebaypurses387-1.jpg

Mini Rikki is the same size, but this one has much better leather. I think the trick is to figure out which size you love more and then seach for a good leather.

photo-109-1.jpg

You are so right, definitely a big difference in the leathers. The slouch on the reg. Nikki is TDF...I think I know which way I am going with this! Thank you for taking the time to post pics, I appreciate it :biggrin:

Sorry for the dumb question I'm about to ask. I am considering a Nikki (haven't been interested in one til now)... is it a zipper closure or snap? TIA!

It has a snap closure :smile:

I have a mini Rikki, which is the same size as the mini nikki and it has more slouchy leather and is great. So I think it really depends on the leather.

photo-109-1.jpg

sandc - Did you add an additional strap to your Rikki? That's a great idea! :tup:

hey girl! here's me with my wine nikki (i've since sold her.... DOH!!! soooo regret that decision!!) - i'm only 5'1" and it doesn't feel overwhelming for me since it drapes and hugs the body so well! i haven't tried on a mini nikki yet and was really tempted to get one cause sometimes i feel like the nikki is more space than i need, but it's offset by how awesome she hugs u!! :P i'm actually waiting on a nikki in transit... she should be here tomorrow! :woot: - i'll share more pics then!

Attachments

• wine3.jpg
    wine3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 131
  • wine2.jpg
    wine2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 131
ceedoan said:
hey girl! here's me with my wine nikki (i've since sold her.... DOH!!! soooo regret that decision!!) - i'm only 5'1" and it doesn't feel overwhelming for me since it drapes and hugs the body so well! i haven't tried on a mini nikki yet and was really tempted to get one cause sometimes i feel like the nikki is more space than i need, but it's offset by how awesome she hugs u!! :P i'm actually waiting on a nikki in transit... she should be here tomorrow! :woot: - i'll share more pics then!

Nikki in transit! Congratulations! Which one?? :biggrin:

Nikki in transit! Congratulations! Which one?? :biggrin:

Yes, yes, please tell! I too have a Nikki in transit :biggrin:

as promised! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg