Do any of you Minkettes own any Chanel, Marc Jacobs or other bags with chains?

What always brings me back to RM is the different leathers,styles, and colors. I don't use it as an alternative for anything...and I have owned the other brands as well, including the MJ Single.
Besides, if anyone really wants a Chanel, I don't see why you wouldn't just save up for one instead of replacing it with what you view as a cheaper alternative?

Again I didn't use the word alternative. I meant affordable in a good way & unique.

wonder why the OP hasn't replied back to everyone's comments?? i keep reading the original post and not really sure what she was asking..... :hrmm::hrmm:

my two cents..... I FRIGGIN LOVE RM BC THE DESIGNER, THE TEAM, THE AESTHETIC, AND THE WHOLE DARN BRAND IS AMAZING. THE END.

I hadn't replied because I have a life just like everyone else that comes before the PF & my love of handbags unfortunately. I saw some ridiculous comments and needed to defend myself as everyone seemed to think I was demeaning Rebecca Minkoff WHICH I WASN'T. I plan to buy another Swing tomorrow!

Sorry, OP! We misinterpreted your question...thanks for clarifying!! We are a bit protective of RM, 'cuz we love her so, but we really are a nice and fun group! And, welcome to the forum...always great to meet another Minkette!

I do love RM's chain bags. The only 'chain' bags I have are MACs right now, but am thinking I need to get an Affair - so pretty. What I love about RM is that there are so many fun styles to try that there's sure to be something everyone can love! And don't get me started on the colors and leathers...oy!!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I don't understand how this thread went so wrong....the OP asked a simple question, no need to get defensive and snarky.
Please be more respectful.

And BTW, profanity is not allowed.

butterfli312 said:
I hadn't replied because I have a life just like everyone else that comes before the PF & my love of handbags unfortunately. I saw some ridiculous comments and needed to defend myself as everyone seemed to think I was demeaning Rebecca Minkoff WHICH I WASN'T. I plan to buy another Swing tomorrow!

Hey minkette!! I think this was all a big misunderstanding!! I feel like we sorta ganged up on u "mean girls" style and that was not cool at all!!! sorry for that! We really are a bunch of sweet gals. Aww u poor thing having to defend yourself!! Just goes to show how much we love RM and how protective we are :P - let's just start all over, clean slate!!! :biggrin: so welcome welcome!!!

Last edited:
Sorry you felt ganged up on OP!! This thread somehow did go wrong but we really are a nice group. I hope you'll come back and post lots more! I would also love to see pics of your white affair. I know what you mean about loving chains in general. MJ chains are heavier and more substantial, say on the Stam, but I also have found it to be not as comfortable. In short, I love MJ, Balenciaga and some other brands in addition to my RMs. By the way what color Swing will you be getting?

Tracy you should try the Large Affair. I'm sure one day down the road I'll try a Chanel Flap but for right now I'm good.

Welcome OP! :flowers: :peace: :hugs: