Do any of you Minkettes own any Chanel, Marc Jacobs or other bags with chains?

oh wow, i never thought of RM as a "cheaper alternative" to Chanel or MJ other major designers. I just thought she had very chic, contemporary designs, that happened to be at an affordable price point.

I never even compared her chain design aesthetic to being a "copy-cat" of those other brands. Interesting view. But I still can't see RM that way, not as a copy-cat, nope.

Of course, I like the chains of Chanel and MJ better, because they are thicker, nicer quality, but to me, RM has her own aesthetic and I'm all for it (most times, anyway). Her products are just too damn cute!!! But the designs of each brand aren't the same, so it's not as though I feel like I'm buying something just as cute, but at a cheaper price. Not at all. I just like RM for the sake of liking her designs...not because they have similar characteristics in design to more expensive brands, and it's cheaper.

My mind set toward RM is like this:

First thing I think is, "Wow, those items are adorable and hot!"
Then I go, "Oh awesome! I can afford it too?! JACKPOT!!!"
It's a double win for me! lolol Who doesn't love that!?!

+1

I've never thought of RM as an alternative to anything! I just happened to find her bags through tPF and I've been hooked ever since!

What always brings me back to RM is the different leathers,styles, and colors. I don't use it as an alternative for anything...and I have owned the other brands as well, including the MJ Single.
Besides, if anyone really wants a Chanel, I don't see why you wouldn't just save up for one instead of replacing it with what you view as a cheaper alternative?

wonder why the OP hasn't replied back to everyone's comments?? i keep reading the original post and not really sure what she was asking..... :hrmm::hrmm:

my two cents..... I FRIGGIN LOVE RM BC THE DESIGNER, THE TEAM, THE AESTHETIC, AND THE WHOLE DARN BRAND IS AMAZING. THE END.

I also own several Chanel bags, but I'm not understanding what your question is.

I wasn't meaning "affordable" as a negative connotation. I was simply saying Chanel is ridiculously increasing their prices. I'm happy to have found a brand with such awesome quality & innovative designs that doesnt cost me an arm & a leg ( or more than my boobs) :roflmfao:

Last edited:
Own a Chanel bag, have always looved MJ because of the chains, and plan to buy an RM soon.

I do see RM as a stylish, affordable alternative to the chain designs of Chanel and MJ, if that is what you're asking!

Yes, that is what I was asking. Some catty ladies took an innocent observation misconstrued what I meant & went on a tangent that I was somehow hating on RM. Which is NOT true. I love RM. I own a Bright Green Swing, Yellow 5 zip clutch, Orange MAB, and Off White silver studded Affair :heart: