Chanel Shiva flap...thoughts?

baglovwer said:
Got my large shiva flap today...ok I think it's too big for me at 15x10! I might exchange for the next size. It's actually too heavy because it's big..hardware is light, it's the leather of the flap that is heavy! Still love it though but might be a little too big for me! And yes the leather is durable and has a worn look to it so worry free on getting scratched.

Hi. How tall are you? I just got the biggest one, but I haven't picked up yet. Can you post a modeling pic of you and the large bag?

baglovwer said:
Got my large shiva flap today...ok I think it's too big for me at 15x10! I might exchange for the next size. It's actually too heavy because it's big..hardware is light, it's the leather of the flap that is heavy! Still love it though but might be a little too big for me! And yes the leather is durable and has a worn look to it so worry free on getting scratched.

Would you say the leather is as durable as caviar? And is this a special order bag?

Hi. How tall are you? I just got the biggest one, but I haven't picked up yet. Can you post a modeling pic of you and the large bag?

5 ft and I returned it...just too big and awkward cause it's long. I am looking at next size down...haven't gotten the chance to go in store yet...supposedly, they have beige, burned orange and Bordeaux as well.

My SA also mentioned the wire in the flap, which apparently is pliable so you can shape the flap to give it more of a crumpled look.
I have the large, light grey on the way to me, so I shall be able to see whetther this is a good thing or not!:P[/QUOTE

I saw my one today...picking up at weekend./...Wire thingy is not a big deal...i was worried bag would look weird....it doesnt... It looks like a really cool everyday bag...! So excited to get it..

My SA also mentioned the wire in the flap, which apparently is pliable so you can shape the flap to give it more of a crumpled look.
I have the large, light grey on the way to me, so I shall be able to see whetther this is a good thing or not!:P[/QUOTE

I saw my one today...picking up at weekend./...Wire thingy is not a big deal...i was worried bag would look weird....it doesnt... It looks like a really cool everyday bag...! So excited to get it..

Thats great news, which colour are you getting?
Cant wait to see more pics!
I could not decided between the Shiva or the Pondichery, I hope I have made the right choice.

baglovwer said:
5 ft and I returned it...just too big and awkward cause it's long. I am looking at next size down...haven't gotten the chance to go in store yet...supposedly, they have beige, burned orange and Bordeaux as well.

I am the same height as well. We will see tomorrow. I'm picking it up.

Love the shiva bag! Here are some pics from my SA

Attachments

• image-2769838298.jpg
    image-2769838298.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 4,495
  • image-523828262.jpg
    image-523828262.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 2,752
  • image-4067231629.jpg
    image-4067231629.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 2,840
  • image-3862614598.jpg