Tory Burch quality

I have to agree with those that posted before me that while the styles of some of bags are really lovely (there was one about 18months ago that i thought of buying) that was close to $400. But the leather and quality wasn't that great for a brand like Tory. Or for $400

I think that all of these companies are churning this stuff out As quickly and cheaply as possible as they become more popular. Micheal kors is loosing their design originality as well.

Reactions: fendifemale
I hesitate to write negative reviews, but I just received last night a huge order from Tory Burch. I've had my eye on so many of her new Spring arrivals, so with the help of my work bonus I purchased some treats for myself. Almost all of it went back. I don't know if I'm used to above par quality from the other premier designer accessories I own, but I feel like $500 for a purse, $165 for sunglasses and $60 for earrings, I should be getting decent quality items. It's not small change, you know? Everything was "Made in China" and came wrapped in celophane. The backs of the earrings were bent when I took them out of the packaging. I've spent $28 on earrings from Anthropologie before and they were better quality than these were, I'm sorry to say. The sky blue Robinson Satchel, which I was SO excited about, had two metallic marks on the leather. The stitching was haphazard as well. But the marks were the dealbreaker for me. The sunglasses were chintzy and for the same price as my Ray Bans, I would have expected something a bit more substantial. I just wasn't impressed. The only thing I kept was the Robinson Blood Orange + Fuschia French Purse. The leather on it was not perfect, but it's pretty adorable. Has anyone else had a similar experience with her accessories and leather goods? I own lots of Kate Spade jewelry and sunglasses and all of these are beautiful and high quality, in my opinion, for a mid-range designer. I can't speak to Kate Spade bags though, as I don't own one.

I have to agree with the quality of Tory Burch sunglasses, which I think are subpar to the priced tagged to it. I think her glasses were one of my first TB purchases, and I'd have to say it'll be the last sunglass purchase from TB. I remember after a few days of that purchase, I started to wonder where her products are made because I felt the quality of the sunglasses were comparable to my cheap random $5 buys at Forver21 and such. So, I came to discover that they were made in China and was slightly disappointed. However, I kept them anyways because they were so darling. I have a few brands of designer sunglasses, and almost immediately I could definitely tell the difference with the Tory Burch's. I was thinking about getting the large golld logo earrings for one of my friends for her birthday, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I have to agree with the quality of Tory Burch sunglasses, which I think are subpar to the priced tagged to it. I think her glasses were one of my first TB purchases, and I'd have to say it'll be the last sunglass purchase from TB. I remember after a few days of that purchase, I started to wonder where her products are made because I felt the quality of the sunglasses were comparable to my cheap random $5 buys at Forver21 and such. So, I came to discover that they were made in China and was slightly disappointed. However, I kept them anyways because they were so darling. I have a few brands of designer sunglasses, and almost immediately I could definitely tell the difference with the Tory Burch's. I was thinking about getting the large golld logo earrings for one of my friends for her birthday, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I purchased the Contienetal wallet in Blood orange/orchid, and absolutely loved it, until after 6 weeks, the orange dye on all four corners started rubbing off, leaving behind a grey hue. Not what I expected after 6 weeks of sitting in a handbag. I took it back to the TOry Burch store, and they refused to exchange it for me. They said that it was normal wear and tear!!! Really???? After 6 weeks? I have contacted Tory Burch corporate, and they have responded saying they apologize for the poor service I received at the store, and that someone would contact me shortly. Anyone else had this same problem with the colored/dyed leathers??

I got the 797 bag in elephant gray a while back and after just carrying it a few times it is already scratched and isn't keeping its shape. I think in the future I'll stick with just the flats which I still love

My friend purchased one of the wallets and the zipper fell off. She took it to the store and they replaced the zipper but it has since fallen off again...

However, my reva flats have held up well. Have had them for almost 2 seasons now.

I own 5 TB handbags- all saffiano leather. 3 are black, 1 is bordeaux, 1 is cobalt blue. The only complaints that I know of from reading comments on the d'ifferent stores websites are about her regular leather handbags. I read that the quality on the bombe tote was not good overall in terms of longevity. I can say that no designer is perfect- not even LV, etc. We shall see how my bags wear over time.
I love Tory Burch, and I own several shoes, flip-flops and accessories. I bought the bombe tote a couple years ago and I can attest that longevity is an issue :sad: I was so disappointed as I really loved the bag. I expected more for the value.

I love Tory Burch, and I own several shoes, flip-flops and accessories. I bought the bombe tote a couple years ago and I can attest that longevity is an issue :sad: I was so disappointed as I really loved the bag. I expected more for the value.

How awful..alas this is another confirmation of the poor quality of her regular leather bags......I think that my patent saffiano Robinson tote will stand up since it is not an every day bag and patent. I at one time looked at the bombe tote as my first purchase from her but changed my mind after hearing complaints.
I do hear awesome things about her shoes though

How awful..alas this is another confirmation of the poor quality of her regular leather bags......I think that my patent saffiano Robinson tote will stand up since it is not an every day bag and patent. I at one time looked at the bombe tote as my first purchase from her but changed my mind after hearing complaints.
I do hear awesome things about her shoes though

Yes, I was so disappointed. I sold my Gucci black tote and replaced it with the TB handbag because I wanted a less flashy tote. I sooooo it regret now. Shoes, on other hand, are awesome. The Reva and Eddie flats are very comfy. I highly recommend. Just make sure to try them on first because you may need to go a 1/2 size up. This was the case for me when I bought the Eddie flats :smile:

Yes, I was so disappointed. I sold my Gucci black tote and replaced it with the TB handbag because I wanted a less flashy tote. I sooooo it regret now. Shoes, on other hand, are awesome. The Reva and Eddie flats are very comfy. I highly recommend. Just make sure to try them on first because you may need to go a 1/2 size up. This was the case for me when I bought the Eddie flats :smile:

Ooh..replacing the Gucci..ouch ouch. Thanks for the advice on the shoes.

hi ladies!
I am new to this forum. I just wanted to ask you guys for your opinion on a TB bag i just bought. I bought the nylon ella black tote and it is simply amazing, thing is i bought it off a ebay so i am a bit iffy about the bag. I notice that everything is perfectly fine but the outside buttons i see are plain, online i see that they have some imprints on it? can't catch what it says though, Please let me know if my bag is real or fake or old! Thanks

Ammelle76 said:

I Completely agree!! I love my flats but the bags don't hold up well at all.

Hi all...

I know this post may be kind of unpopular, but has anyone else noticed Tory Burch quality to be sub-par? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE tory burch. I have 2 pairs of revas, 3 bags, and a TB wallet. I have noticed though that none of my items have great quality. I am in the process of trying to return my wallet because the Gold emblem has completely chipped. I am sorry but I have only had it a few months and for $200 I expect better. Also some of the handles of my bags have peeled, the inside mirror broke off one of my bags, etc.

I still like her stuff and think it's really cute, but I am extremely hesitant to ever purchase anything TB again.

Anyone else have the same opinions?
I've actually had problems with most of my TB items. I had a small east and west robinson tote bag-- the saffiano leather is suppose to be scratch resistent--- but scratches fairly easily and the handles peeled off in the 2 months that I had it. My patent cosmetic bag has the TB logo and the logo is starting to come out. Lastly, I have a soft pebbled leather amanda crossbody--and the color and the leather rubs off pretty easily. I am very carfeul with my bags-- so this is a quality issue. I think I exchanged my tote bag about 4 times and finally gave up on it-- THANK GOD Tory Burch has amazing customer service, and gave me my money back. ; ) Cute but quality is very sub par

I don't have any bags or shoes, but I do own the wrap bracelet. When I purchased mine, I was trying to pick a nice one and I did notice that a lot of the new pieces are either scratched, or have tarnishing studs... and they are all brand new! I'm extra careful with mine. The bracelet is made in USA.

I have sooooo many Tory Burch shoes. 2 pairs of boots, 2 Revas, like 6 pairs of wedges and I think her shoe quality is amazing. I haven't had any issues yet. And my boots are like 4-5 years old and I wear them NONSTOP in the winter.

I only have 1 bag---the reva clutch i think is the name and its done well by me so far. No complaints here.

I know this is a little OT but what sunglasses brands do you recommend? I only have one pair (and they are TB) but want to get a new pair soon! I was thinking Gucci or Chanel but ugh the price tag scares me :P