KINKY Girls LOVE MAKE UP TOO!

OMG she is! Especially at her price point. Small tidbit but her brand is the #1 selling make-up at walgreens.com LOL

Have you tried that Garnier BB cream that everyone raves about? Since it's a drugstore brand you could always take it back for a refund if you didn't like it.

Really? wow I didn't know that, that is AWESOME! I always try my best to support black businesses...IMAN, Miss Jessie's, etc....of course I buy other brands too but you get the idea :smile:

Another brand I recently started back using, Becca. This is an Australian brand, but they have a great range for women of color with yellow, red and orange undertones. Very lightweight, but can provide more coverage if needed.

Their system is: apply the tinted moisturizer, then go over problem areas with concealer or stick and top with their skin perfector, brush light powder if needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oerLsHgis

as a reference I use
Becca Cosmetics Luminous Skin Color - Nuba
Becca Cosmetics Stick Foundation SPF 30 - Fudge
Skin Perfector - Topaz

same here I love Becca! Thanks for posting.
I use
Becca Cosmetics luminous skin color in Nuba
Becca Cosmetics stick foundation SPF 30-Truffle
Skin Perfector-Cardamom

For a newbie ....where would I start (Iman Cosmetics)? Thanks ladies.

not sure of the coverage you're looking for, but she has stick and a cream to powder foundation. With a damn sponge, you can make them thinner if you need less coverage. I like her bronzers, too.

The line is available at Target and I think Walgreens.

Oh ladies, another line - Black Opal. Don't sleep on it! The stick foundation is a perfect dupe for my Bobbi Brown foundation at a fraction of the cost - $10.

not sure of the coverage you're looking for, but she has stick and a cream to powder foundation. With a damn sponge, you can make them thinner if you need less coverage. I like her bronzers, too.

Oh ladies, another line - Black Opal. Don't sleep on it! The stick foundation is a perfect dupe for my Bobbi Brown foundation at a fraction of the cost - $10.

Thanks DC ...I see it all the time at Target, but since I cant try it on, I always pass on store foundations. I really just need something quick, easy to add to my mascara and gloss routine. Baby steps

Side note ..I have purchased some cheapy lipsticks and glosses lately from like target, walgreens and CVS ..all which look horrible, and one even makes my lips tingle :tdown: Do you ladies return to these stores? I mean they were cheap but it adds up, and they will ALL just sit unused in my bathroom

Man DC - what did a sponge do to you! :roflmfao:
(j/k)

IMAN is also sold at Ulta.

Thanks DC ...I see it all the time at Target, but since I cant try it on, I always pass on store foundations. I really just need something quick, easy to add to my mascara and gloss routine. Baby steps

Side note ..I have purchased some cheapy lipsticks and glosses lately from like target, walgreens and CVS ..all which look horrible, and one even makes my lips tingle :tdown: Do you ladies return to these stores? I mean they were cheap but it adds up, and they will ALL just sit unused in my bathroom

YES!!!! I just returned a lip gloss to Walgreens yesterday because that crap burned my lips (Sally Hansen ex-treme gloss). If it's $3-$5 I just toss it in the trash but $10 or more - it's going back.

Man DC - what did a sponge do to you! :roflmfao:
(j/k)

IMAN is also sold at Ulta.

:roflmfao::roflmfao: I didn't even notice. That damN sponge :biggrin:

Target & Ulta have a generous return policies on cosmetics, so yes, I return. No need in having it pile up, if it doesn't work for you.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if you have an Ulta in your area, but they have testers for the Iman make-up products.

I have yet to try their blushes but their eyeshadow palettes are the bizness:smile:
I do want to get my hands on a blush palette but lords knows I don't need no more blush. Sleek products are high quality for drugstore product.
*enabler post*

Girl, what are you doing with your life?!

34oopyc.jpg

These blushes are much more vibrant IRL. I can't take a decent picture to save my life. :shame:

*enabler post*

Girl, what are you doing with your life?!

34oopyc.jpg

These blushes are much more vibrant IRL. I can't take a decent picture to save my life. :shame:

Those are really pretty! I really want to get some but I have way too much blush as it stands. I do want the santorini blush so bad that came out last year as apart of a collection. I swear it's the brightest one in that pink purple palette you have of blush.

CVS allows returns with your receipt.