Where is the best place to buy LV?

cabear00

O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
I am about to buy my first LV, speedy! So excited :nuts: :nuts:

Where should I buy it from in term of getting the best service in case it is defective and I need a return/exchange? Should I buy it from eluxury? Or local LV boutiue? Or NM, SAKS?

Local stores seem convenient but I am worried that as a first time buyer, I might overlook some problems when the associates are around me.:sweatdrop: And I feel a little embarrassed to go back for an exchange later on.:sweatdrop:

BTW, Tax part is not a factor since I will be charged tax even with eluxury.com!:cursing:

Thank you all!

I would DEFINITELY buy at a boutique! Nothing beats the boutique experience for a first purchase especially! Congrats and post pics if you can!

Welcome, by the way!

for sure the boutique to get the experience first hand. and like lv_shopaholic said "do not be afraid to ask questions". you'll probably find that you may know more than some SAs! have fun and enjoy your first LV experience!

I would go for the boutique. Definitely an amazing expereince. I understand your feelings of being scared to fully examine the bag with all the SA's there. I kinda felt the same way, but then I saw other customers inspecting bags too and realized its a smart thing to do and the SAs wont judge you. Good luck and have fun!! Post pics when you purchase your new speedy!!

I say elux, why spend more on tax and sometimes free shipping too is offered. I go to to the boutique to try on bags, I don't see what the big deal is, what the 'experience' is, I'm in it for the best price and it's the same quality bag whether it's off elux or boutique.

I like eluxury a lot. You have way longer to return (60 days!) to think it over. I also am not a huge fan of boutiques when the SAs kinda watch you shop. It makes me uncomfortable!

Any place where they sell 100% Authentic LV :yes:;). which would only be the LV boutique or Eluxury.com

The boutique experience is wonderful. However, I'm weird I guess..I've gone into our LV boutique a few times over the years just to browse before I ever made a purchase. Always liked the bag but never could justify buying one....LOL. Crazy eh? I've even been in the store with out of town relatives that have made purchases and I never purchased anything for myself although I surely could have....lol. That's what's crazy about it.
Even crazier is the fact that I made my first (second and third also) purchase (s) from Elux and not the boutique...LOL. I think I'm going to have to purchase my next item directly from the boutique....lol.