Travel CHICAGO! Tips, restaurants and hotel advice!

The Michigan ave nordies plus size section is my FAV! The selection is great most nordies plus size sections are puny this one is like 3-4 times the size of a average nordies plus size. The macys at water tower is a small plus size section, imo the one at woodfield is bigger. However the water tower macys has a lush and if you like fun bath stuff you check them out.

As far as eats I'd recommend lou malnatis pizza, near the Michigan ave area I like the restaurant Mighty Nice in the water tower food court(its a restaurant in the food court so it's a separate line than the one for the food court) they have great burgers/sandwiches and the best popovers(cheesy puffy rolls but you might have to ask for them they don't seem to automatically bring them out anymore like they used too but they are free), I also like the soupbox which isn't too far from the mag mile.

Also I wanted to add if your having a hard time looking for plus size jeans a brand I just got into is not your daughters jeans (NYDJ) skinny jeans sold at nordies. I never thought I'd own/wear skinny jeans but I tried these on a whim because they had a beautiful aqua blue and I ended up grabbing two pairs of the dark blue wash too.

Thanks ladies! I was not aware of the Hermes store...HMMM. perhaps a double tour bracelet.

I do know that last time we were there, a lot of great stuff on Michigan that I liked was gone, so hopefully it's not as barren. I THINK the paper-source shops are in Lincoln Park and in River North area maybe. There's several in Chicago, as it's headquartered there. We have Cranes and Papyrus here but they serve me no purpose, not like Paper-Source does.

I enjoyed Barneys on Oak/Rush, is there also a Bendel's along Michigan now?!

how is the Nordstrom on Michigan?

Our favorite restaurant is Petterinos, so I hope it's still as good as the last few trips up.

Clothes wise I am on the plus size/regular XL size line which sucks, I mostly can't buy nice jeans if they're not brands like KUT from Nordstrom which goes up to a good 16.

I love office supplies and the like.

Makeup/hair stuff a LOT.

Bendel's is in Water Tower Place. It's fabulous!!

Wow--how long? I think I didn't even go in WTP last year when I was in Chicago, but I don't ever recall a Bendel's being there. Lord & Taylor used to be there.

Less than a year... it was the first one to open (or re-open I guess) in our area, I think they are supposed to be popping up eventually in the suburbs too. I don't go in too often because it's trouble for me;)

I went to Chicago recently and enjoyed eating at Sprout. It's Dale Levitski's, from Top Chef, restaurant. It's tasty and the menu has a fun aspect in that you only know the main ingredients of your dish but you don't know how its presented or put together.

I also had a lunch at Cafe Spiaggia. It was absolutely delicious and the view over the lake is nice. Highly recommend it.