To LV or not to LV that is the question.

exactly.

if you can't afford both, get the watch first.

if i can't honestly afford something, i would not invest in something that would rarely be seen, even if a wallet is something i will pull out often.a watch will always be seen, and harder to steal.

my parents always said never to spend more on a wallet than the amount of cash you intend to carry in it.

i never have more than a thousand in cash, therefore i would never spend more than a thousand on a wallet.

Ha ha .. good one .. I always have less cash in my purse than the cost of the purse itself :shame:

even tho i love LV i always opt for a nice piece of jewelry over a bag. i vote for the watch and youre one lucky duck to be celebrating your bday with such great gifts.

my parents always said never to spend more on a wallet than the amount of cash you intend to carry in it.

i never have more than a thousand in cash, therefore i would never spend more than a thousand on a wallet.

I think that is a fabulous rule of thumb. :tup:

I would go with a watch, simply because the ZCP is such a small wallet too... I would prefer a larger wallet for that kind of money.

To anyone who doesn't know the brand, the watch doesn't look like much (sorry if that offends anyone).

My husband once wanted to buy me a Rolex and I thought he was nuts! I'd never had a watch that cost more than $30 before and we settled on an $800 Seiko that I still thought was outrageously overpriced because a watch is just a watch to me.

But this is a guy who thought one $50 bag at a time was all anyone needed while I was dreaming of having LV - it's all in what YOU value.

If someone is willing to pay $6400, can you get some combination of other items that totals that? Otherwise the only reason I could think of for choosing the watch is the value.

To anyone who doesn't know the brand, the watch doesn't look like much (sorry if that offends anyone).

My husband once wanted to buy me a Rolex and I thought he was nuts! I'd never had a watch that cost more than $30 before and we settled on an $800 Seiko that I still thought was outrageously overpriced because a watch is just a watch to me.

But this is a guy who thought one $50 bag at a time was all anyone needed while I was dreaming of having LV - it's all in what YOU value.

If someone is willing to pay $6400, can you get some combination of other items that totals that? Otherwise the only reason I could think of for choosing the watch is the value.

Its for the mechanics in an engineering perspective (the watch movement). Also Glashutte is a rather small company and I like supporting the little guy :smile: and I give it a +1 for being a German brand. The Swiss have been king of the hill for too long!

Its for the mechanics in an engineering perspective (the watch movement). Also Glashutte is a rather small company and I like supporting the little guy :smile: and I give it a +1 for being a German brand. The Swiss have been king of the hill for too long!

Yes yes yes, my sentiments too! And I love the open backcase. My husband has a Baume and Mercier - the watch is, I think, 40 years old and has been lovingly restored. Its a manual wind with an open backcase and sometimes I tk it off just to watch the little clogs at work. I like my leather goods too but in this case, I think the watch wins. ;)