Is there a difference between "oxblood" and grenat?

ltbag

Grateful for life's beauty. Taking a break
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
Hello all,

I am thinking of purchasing a day bag where the color is described as "oxblood". Is this the same as grenat or is it different? I checked atelier.naf and there is no "oxblood" listed.

Any insights into the various shades of burgundy and what seasons they come from would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

When you ring BalNY and they mention Oxblood, they're talking about Grenat. A few other BalNY'isms are:

Sage = Origan
Olive Brown = Marron
Fire Engine Red = Rouge Vif
Grass Green = Vert Gazon (direct translation)
Forest Green = Sapin
Seagreen = Vert d'Eau
Cement = Greige

When you ring BalNY and they mention Oxblood, they're talking about Grenat. A few other BalNY'isms are:

Sage = Origan
Olive Brown = Marron
Forest Green = Sapin
Seagreen = Vert d'Eau
Cement = Greige
wow!! thanks for that monsoon!! I've had this "fire engine red" first that I got from them and didn't know the "correct" name. thanks for clearing that up for me.:smile:

Thanks all! I was working all day, so I did not get a chance to check back and see your answers until now.

I bought the bag! You all are SO helpful, I have an addiction to this board even more than an addiction to bags. :supacool:

Thanks again....

lgt

Sage = Origan
Olive Brown = Marron
Forest Green = Sapin
Seagreen = Vert d'Eau
Cement = Greige

Thank you so much for pointing this out! I tried to orde Vert and she kept saying they didn't have that color but they had grass green and I'm like but is it the same color and she said.. kind of :confused1: when in was the same color! So I didn't get the bag and they sold out. But I'm happy with my blue one.

^^
Excellent choice, it's my favorite color and it goes w/ almost everything!GORGEOUS! Considering a City or Money in Grenat, u'll love it!

Thanks!

I'm very excited about the purchase. I think it will go with everything, but have a bit more personality than my black day bag. Don't get me wrong, I love the black bag, but there is something about the grenat color that is calling me.....:love: I think it is the fact that I always buy black bags and have rarely in my history gone for any sort of color... I know this is not a color the way that blue or green is a color, but for me it is a start.....