How do you store your bags or SLG's?

I think putting it in the original dust bag is more than enough. I stored my bags in their dust bag and just put them on somewhere without direct sunlight.
I remember I read it in Chanel forum that if the leather can't breath for too long, it will crack. I think the PVC is too much and in fact DE is not that easy to get scratch. Mine was all good till I accidentally drop it and it hit on the road :P

Sounds like a good way to totally ruin your bags to be honest.

ITA! I would never ever store my bags in plastic anything. I agree also with poster who said that it needs to be able to breathe.

But I don't live in your climate, so you may have really different things to consider. Good luck with finding a solution!

I would be careful..I live in a non-humid area, and had an issue with a bag a few months ago. I always store my bags out in the open on shelves in my room- I put a bag in the dustbag and put it in my dark closet because it was for sale, and I always wrap and put away bags that are for sale so that nothing happens to them. When I got it out a few days later, the vachetta smelled terrible. I don't know what caused it, it may be because I treat the leather..but it took several days of sitting outside in the fresh air and carrying it before the smell went away. That leather just wants to breathe! lol

I would be careful..I live in a non-humid area, and had an issue with a bag a few months ago. I always store my bags out in the open on shelves in my room- I put a bag in the dustbag and put it in my dark closet because it was for sale, and I always wrap and put away bags that are for sale so that nothing happens to them. When I got it out a few days later, the vachetta smelled terrible. I don't know what caused it, it may be because I treat the leather..but it took several days of sitting outside in the fresh air and carrying it before the smell went away. That leather just wants to breathe! lol

ETA- I ended up keeping and not selling the bag..it smells fine now, but I'm worried that if I pack it back up, it will start to smell again! :roflmfao:

I think putting it in the original dust bag is more than enough. I stored my bags in their dust bag and just put them on somewhere without direct sunlight.
I remember I read it in Chanel forum that if the leather can't breath for too long, it will crack. I think the PVC is too much and in fact DE is not that easy to get scratch. Mine was all good till I accidentally drop it and it hit on the road :P

ITA! I would never ever store my bags in plastic anything. I agree also with poster who said that it needs to be able to breathe.

But I don't live in your climate, so you may have really different things to consider. Good luck with finding a solution!

Is it okay to store it like that for a week? Mine is damier ebene leather, treated. Not vachetta. Because I will use it in may 12. I am in australia now. Then after that Ill get back to my urban place and use it. Then we will go back to our rural area home and I will only store it inside the dustbag.

I just keep my bags in my closet, on the shelves. I never put them in their dustbags, or anything, because I want to see my collection and use the bags whenever I feel like it. I've had LV for over 10 years and stored them like this and they are all perfect.

Is it okay to store it like that for a week? Mine is damier ebene leather, treated. Not vachetta. Because I will use it in may 12. I am in australia now. Then after that Ill get back to my urban place and use it. Then we will go back to our rural area home and I will only store it inside the dustbag.

I personally think its fine, but I can't guarantee since i never keep my bags in PVC. In fact I hardly put my bags in dust bag :P I only put them in when I plan not to use them for more than a week :P

Let it breath .. You're killing the bag !
Like u said , it's treated leather ( DE )
Nothing to worry ! I have mine outside
With no dust bag .. If you plan to use it
3x a week .. Why do all these storing ??
LOL even inside the dust bag is fine !

Do you know what happens if it breathes only little air? Do you have pics or do you know a thread that has pics of effects on the leather when it cant breathe?

I don't have any pics, sorry. I've just read that the leather can crack or dry out if it's not exposed to air at all, i.e. kept inside a closed box. I've also heard some people say that the bags can age faster if kept inside a dust bag! I guess it's personal preference whether or not you use the dust bag. I do, but I guess you don't really need to do that either.

I store by bags as follows:

(a) inside their dustbags -- not in boxes -- to let the leather breathe
(b) stuffed with small bolster pillows, or sweaters I hardly use, and for some, with their base shapers / liners, to keep the shape intact
(c) inside a cabinet that I periodically open to air out... with no direct exposure to sunlight, cold/hot air vents.

I posted some pictures for your reference. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1405 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1405 (Medium).JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_1407 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1407 (Medium).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_1404P (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1404P (Medium).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 906
  • IMG_1406 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1406 (Medium).JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 813
I doubt many people would have pictures because keeping your bag in plastic for an extended period of time is not something most would wish to do. To answer your question, you could definitely be storing your bags in a better manner - as others have said, leather needs to breathe and it can't do that in plastic, and lack of oxygen (aka being stored in a box with no airflow) can cause the leather to crack.

Australia's not a particularly humid place so at least you won't be speeding up any mould-growing process or anything like that, but I can assure you that - at least in the part of Australia in which I reside - a dustbag and in the wardrobe with a moisture absorber is fine.