How do you store your bags or SLG's?

Lol! Very nice idea! I keep all my bags in their dustbags on top of my wardrobes in a row! I am planning on having a cabinet made especially for them... But only when my collection has grown! Not enough bags to justify it yet!

I have always stored my bags in their pj's bag and in the box.

I live in a very dry climate and very hot too. So I have never worried about humidity. well....

tonight my SA told me that LV doesn't recommend storing the bags in the boxes as they can get over heated and dry out. I never heard this....:confused1:

so....what to do....I love my boxes..but should all my LV babies just live in their jammies????

Recently I've been carrying my Coach Crossbody (hate not carrying my speedy but with the weather & having to do non-stop shopping for my husbands care packages, it's just easier) and I don't want to fold my speedy up everytime Im not using it because the creases will never go away if I do, but it's too big for it's dust bag if I don't fold it.

How do you all store your LV's when not carrying them?
I want to make sure it's stored & kept for in the absolute best manner so that it stays in amazing condition.

Thanks everyone!

I keep the shaper/insert inside my speedy when not in use, and slip it into it's giant dust bag (I guess I have an oversized one for some reason, if yours doesn't fit?) The kind with the drawstring. Anyway I've heard of people stuffing them with those shipping air pillows, or with t-shirts, etc... I wouldn't personally fold or crease them for storage. If it doesn't fit in it's dust bag perhaps in an armoire or inside a glassed bookcase? They really deserve to be displayed anyway don't they, heehee!

Hi. I just got my westminster gm in the damier ebene canvas. Its a really comfortable and gorgeous bag. But am I storing it the right way? Heres how I store it.

I put the bag in the dust bag. Then I put the bag, covered with the dustbag, in this type of transparent bag thing that is quite larger than the westie but good enough for a easy fit. Something like this:

http://www.zfpolybags.com/Html/en/ProductsView_ID26.html

but its handbag shaped. Its those bags made of pvc that you get when you buy those special memory pillow stuff? It has a top zipper, but with a hole on the side. Then I put one pack of silica gel on the back of the dust bag covered bag inside the pvc bag. Only one to prevent moulds.

After the bag in the dustbag, then in the pvc bag, I put it in the large collapsible box that LV gives.

Then after that, I cover the entire box with a large, dry towel. I keep it then in my cabinet with a pillow ( heavy, memory type ) above it.

Am I making it worse? I store my speedy folded in its dustbag inside my closet. We have an AC in our room that is often on because the temp. here in our place reaches 40 degrees Celsius. IT does get cold, but we love it:cool:

HELP!!!

Wow that sounds like a lot of work! So you have heat where you stay. Is it humid? But with LV canvas bags w/o vachetta it doesnt look like you have much to worry about. If you have mould you can wipe it off. The only problem might be the smell. How long will you store your bag before you bring it out to air/use again? I wonder if too dry a condition might cause the canvas to crack.

Wow that sounds like a lot of work! So you have heat where you stay. Is it humid? But with LV canvas bags w/o vachetta it doesnt look like you have much to worry about. If you have mould you can wipe it off. The only problem might be the smell. How long will you store your bag before you bring it out to air/use again? I wonder if too dry a condition might cause the canvas to crack.

in our place here in the urban area, its not humid. In about 2 weeks we will go back to our place which is like a rural place. Thats where it gets humid. I might use it 3 times a week but maybe it will get to one time a week because I am very afraid of scratching the leather.

in our place here in the urban area, its not humid. In about 2 weeks we will go back to our place which is like a rural place. Thats where it gets humid. I might use it 3 times a week but maybe it will get to one time a week because I am very afraid of scratching the leather.

So once to three times per week every week? I think you'll have no problems then. The canvas is very sturdy and can handle a lot. My only stress is all that work taking out and putting to bed weekly :smile:

I appreciate that you want to take good care of your bag, but I really don't think you need to do all that. You're supposed to let the leather breathe, so I don't keep any of my bags or SLGs in the boxes. They're really just gift boxes, not intended for actual storage. I just put mine in their dust bags when I'm not using them.

I live in a humid climate and I store all of mine in LV boxes in their dust bags (some of have air-pillows in them) ...I just place thirsty hippo containers in the cupboards and they have all been fine.

I appreciate that you want to take good care of your bag, but I really don't think you need to do all that. You're supposed to let the leather breathe, so I don't keep any of my bags or SLGs in the boxes. They're really just gift boxes, not intended for actual storage. I just put mine in their dust bags when I'm not using them.

Do you know what happens if it breathes only little air? Do you have pics or do you know a thread that has pics of effects on the leather when it cant breathe?