Christian Louboutin to Recreate Cinderella Glass Slipper

bobobob

O.G.
Nov 1, 2008
Christian Louboutin is about to make the (shoe) fantasies of every little girl come true–and of a few grown up ones too.

The legendary shoe designer is creating his very own glass slipper–an interpretation of the famous one Cinderella wore, in celebration of Disney’s re-release of the 1950s children’s classic on Blu-Ray and DVD this fall, reports WWD.

“I have been so lucky to have crossed paths with Cinderella, an icon who is so emblematic to the shoe world as well as the dream world,” Louboutin told the trade.

While the shoe won’t be formally revealed until summer, Louboutin promises to put his “magic touch” on the iconic pair, and we’re guessing that means Cinde will soon be sporting some seriously sky-high red bottoms. We wonder what Prince Charming will think of that…

http://fashionista.com/2012/04/chri...his-magic-touch-on-cinderellas-glass-slipper/

This shoe will be mine.

After law school I moved to East Africa to take a job that I really loved for not much pay or recognition (an arbitration case about a border dispute). I befriended some of my neighbor kids, and it was funny--they kept giving me coloring pages they colored of CINDERELLA! Initially I thought it was so strange; wasn't I surely more like a "Wonder Woman" coloring page inspiration?!

I put them on my wall, because I loved those kids ... and it took me a long time to realize the message they were sending me: sometimes you work really hard because you are a good person and it's the right thing to do, not because of the money, status or reward.

Those Cinderella reminders got me through a lot of lonely nights when I was wondering why I moved across the world away from my entire family, friends and everything familiar ... and in the end it was worth it.

I need those shoes!!! :smile:

Awe- I want you to have Cinderella shoes!!

This shoe will be mine.

After law school I moved to East Africa to take a job that I really loved for not much pay or recognition (an arbitration case about a border dispute). I befriended some of my neighbor kids, and it was funny--they kept giving me coloring pages they colored of CINDERELLA! Initially I thought it was so strange; wasn't I surely more like a "Wonder Woman" coloring page inspiration?!

I put them on my wall, because I loved those kids ... and it took me a long time to realize the message they were sending me: sometimes you work really hard because you are a good person and it's the right thing to do, not because of the money, status or reward.

Those Cinderella reminders got me through a lot of lonely nights when I was wondering why I moved across the world away from my entire family, friends and everything familiar ... and in the end it was worth it.

I need those shoes!!! :smile:

hmmm.... I dunno about a red sole on a crystal clear shoe... :thinking:

but thanks for the info bobo! :biggrin:

i'm sure it's going to have some very cool custom insole as well if it's going to have a red bottom! :smile:

however, i will be disappointed if they're just going to be the same plastic as what he's been using this season for the 'clear' bits....i'm hoping they will be something unusual that's never been used before!!!