Just called BALNY i didn't know there was an oxblood twiggy 06?

karenab

O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
They have one and I'm thinking of going to check it out today.

I have a credit with BAL right now (waiting on sandstone day bag to possibly get instead if I love it but not sure I will), so I'm considering switching to the twiggy style instead.

Has anyone seen a pic of the 06 oxblood twiggy? The assistant told me that the have it from last season/fall so I said 'so from 06?' and she said yes. They still have some left.

If its the same as this link, I should maybe just get this then?!! (I love the twiggy). I checked atelier website and didn't see an oxblood swatch listed for 06....:confused1:

eBay: Balenciaga Twiggy in Bordeaux WITH BOX (item 280092750472 end time Mar-18-07 11:38:28 PDT)

BNY name vs Balenciaga's "official" name

oxblood = grenat
fire engine red = rouge vif
aquamarine = cobalt
forest green = sapin
sea green = vert d'eau
grass green = vert gazon

Any others?

No wonder you're confused! *lol*

Here's a picture of their Grenat Box and Twiggy for reference.
grenat.jpg

Karen, I'm *guessing* that if they've had the bag that long it might have undesirable leather. It's worth checking out though. I had a Grenat City last year and I returned it because it was exactly the type of leather I don't like--veiny/shiny.

Karen, I'm *guessing* that if they've had the bag that long it might have undesirable leather. It's worth checking out though. I had a Grenat City last year and I returned it because it was exactly the type of leather I don't like--veiny/shiny.

just saw this reply from you Glimmer. Thanks! Looks like it all worked out since I went with Anthracite :graucho:

The oxblood is very disappointing to me in real life. Too veiny and not as special as it should be for a dark red. I agree on it being too veiny which is almost distracting from the bag itself.

I have already got my eye on something from ebay (past season, its authentic). I have been well and truly bitten by the Balen Bug :supacool: